Author Topic: SG1 Earth's Defence Current Development Model  (Read 17310 times)

vedrit

• View Profile
    • http://thefalseworld.proboards45.com
SG1 Earth's Defence Current Development Model
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 07:52:33 AM »
is it available for download? If so, where can I grab it? Where is the official site? I NEED LINKS PPL!! (Breaks down from lack of links)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 09:07:23 AM »
It is not, I made it available for Kazan for PCS2 testing only (successful conversion on my machine was by PCS1 only).

Once I get permission for it I will then give a copy to JC4JC for inclusion in the mod (once he tells me if he would like it or not.

IF you're complaining about lack of links then you probably have not been following it very closely as they was only one or two in relation of this mod for archiving purposes only...

Want thing to go faster? Give him a hand. Needs were also posted in the recruitment thread I believe...

[Notes]: Added surface shields and shine maps to Scarab. It's finished for now.
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

vedrit

• View Profile
    • http://thefalseworld.proboards45.com
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 09:09:56 AM »
No, I havent following....Just found it no more than an hour ago.
I would offer help, but I cant get on very often, and, unless its modeling or storyline, Im practically useless

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 06:57:54 AM »
Hey Star see if you can give it an Asgard look and feel I was hoping to at some point maybe to put in some kind of missions that would have the need for the Asgard to have fighters :).
There is an appointed time for everything...
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down ad a time to build up...
A Time For War and A Time For Peace.
                                   Eccl. 3:1a, 3, 8b

I say let us strive towards PEACE.
                                    JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)
JC 4(For) J(esus) C(hrist)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 01:23:45 PM »
I'll look into it... ;)

I got really lucky with that particular texture so no promises!
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 01:57:33 AM »
Well just as a general update I have been looking into some permissions for a few models and have been mulling over some story ideas. I have also been thinking about doing a model compatition for the best looking replicator ships. Before you start hitting this link with submissions when I do deside what to do I'll sticky a new thread.

Anyway, I am going off to vaction this weekend and may or may - not have internet so I'll try and hit a Mcy-D's or a coffee shop for some little looks at stuff. But no promises, sorry. I hope to work on something while at the beach but.... again no promises.

JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)

starlord

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 06:59:25 PM »
just thinking: does nirti have a custom ship or is it a standard hatak?

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 12:51:26 AM »
it is a custom ship and I think I have a model for it not sure about implimentation though. Most likely not in the first release but you never know.

BTW I am working on some major problems with my computer and with some of the materials I am unsure when I will be able to work on the mod but I am working on a smalll... oh maybe I should wait all the better to suprise you all with.

JC4JC

arcane2rox

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 09:21:25 PM »
Star Dragon or anyone that would know Is This project still active and if so does the team need help with new models? I have some good modeling skills.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 09:29:35 PM by arcane2rox »

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 02:08:10 AM »
Yes yes and HELL yes....

Unfortunately we get a lot of offers and no call backs (The Roster of Shame), so if you are indeed serious contact me here or on MSN/Yahoo (Stardragon1 and Getter_Robo_G_2004 respectively).

I'll go over what has or has not been done (last I talked with JC), it;s been quite a while, plus from what I know I have tested in game.

We have access/permission to a slew of awesome quality models , but they need poly reduction, better hierarchy, or error fixing to get in game.

My computer is decent, but the tools don't work so well for me, plus I have virtually no skills. :) (Enthused yet?) haha!

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 07:32:10 PM »
Well it is good to see some interest in the mod. At this point my hands are tied some what... Looking at the 304 model it is just 2 big. Just as Star Dragon stated this is a great deal of work to be done, especially with the models right know. I am in the mist of working with the old model to get some 'turrets' working for a trailer but at this point I am not going to be working on any of this as i am getting married in 3 days. I hope to be a little more attuned to my fun time after it is all over.

Anyway, to arcane2rox go ahead and send something to me and/or Star and we will see if there is something you can do. I have been working on the models just putting the hierarchies in place and as such but we need someone who can really work on the models themselves.

Until later everyone.

JC4JC

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 02:38:44 PM »
Congrats!

I'm making 'some' progress but my bigggest hurdle is 3.9 it seems to want to crash with 3.6 data (i found this out mainly with TREk weapon data.

Anyway I haven't been contacted yet so wondering what's up?

I feel comfortable again with single part turrrets. But not multi's, they  still elude me totally.

I heard some talk about VSL style launches, I think wanderer posted the code on HLP It yet above my head... But basically I mentioned some of the SG ships would use such a thing.. it's in Trashman's missile tracking thread in FS2 Modeling on HLP.

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 09:38:29 PM »
I'm am currently out of state and will be working on a few ideas for a short teaser, trying to find a good desktop recorder for that. I hope that it will be good. I have been trying to work on the low poly x304 turrets and am not liking the results. I may just try to use what I have and make the movie. I may just start putting up contests to have things like terrain, planets, etc. for backgrounds and missions. I also need to start working on the UI before to much longer... but until I have a little more help it is a few people doing a large project. Until then I am unsure when I will have a new stuff I am working full time and looking for a new job so this and other projects have once more taking the back burner. But I am still thinking on it... so we are not dead!

JC4JC