Author Topic: SG1 Earth's Defence Current Development Model  (Read 16965 times)

jc4jc

• View Profile
SG1 Earth's Defence Current Development Model
« on: February 21, 2007, 07:04:12 AM »
I would like to start off by saying that I am sorry for the lack of updates ont he mod. Work is hard and time consuming especially with real life.

Our Current Development Model intals interal communication between myself and those that provide or obtain the materials for the mod.

It should be expected for there to be meduim to long period where little or no updates are availible.

We are working with only a small number of people in comparison to the other mods. So we ask for your understanding

In responce to some of the comments in Recurtment Thread I offer the following:

[Thanks for the consern I have been trying to get something togeather worth posting but have not had the time to do so...

Shiv what effects are you refuring to... We could really use some hyperspace effects I have very limited time and what I have put togeather in an attempt for it has been... less than promising.

As for stargate2008 and saruman178 We need a clear idea of any ands all engaments, battles and the like conserning the x/f-302 and promethus.

Also we could use some ideas of how to run the Jaffa Rebellion up to the Battle of Decara between the Jaffa/Baal(Anubis) Fleet and the Replicators.

Just send me a e-mail at jc4jc@carolina.rr.com with your ideas I should be able to get back to you with in a week or less... I check my e-mail at least once a day if not more should I be expecting something.

Star Dragon I was wondering if you had anything for the replicator ships from "Unnatural Selection", "Surpents Song" (or Venum I cant remember right off), or any other incounters. The large cruiser and landing craft that is made completely from Replicator blocks would be great.]

As I stated I hope to at least have some screens if nothing else, mainly of the Hatak again thank you for your continued understanding.
There is an appointed time for everything...
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down ad a time to build up...
A Time For War and A Time For Peace.
                                   Eccl. 3:1a, 3, 8b

I say let us strive towards PEACE.
                                    JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)
JC 4(For) J(esus) C(hrist)

saruman178

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 03:26:11 AM »
I sent ..an Email.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 01:29:56 PM »
I'll keep my eyes open! I'm still waiting on a writh hive ship I secured permission for... ATM what we have is what we have model wise on my front. :(
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 04:20:13 AM »
At this point I am in the process of tweeking the ship models, most of the tables, and anything else that needs to be ran over most of what I have is no differenet than the last set of screens and what not.

I will be out of town the next week or so and will be working on plot missions and what not for the demo and beyond I hope to have a decent update ready  when I return.

JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 04:43:17 PM »
Well I suppose and update is in order. I have started back to school and I have a new job so I am not sure how much I will be able to contribute at this point. We are at a point were things are running slow without much need elements.

I have posted sometimes before but I will run down this point we need more help. If you have already sent me a PM or posted you wanted to help please do so again my memory is shaky and I have to refresh things in my mind every other week a if Im not doing it constantly.

We are getting some music pieces together and hope to put something for you all to hear soon.

We thank you for your continued support and understanding.

Stargate Command out.

JC4JC

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Well
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 07:31:19 PM »
The important thing is to keep updates for significant changes.

Just keep on doing the table stuff for now until you feel good about how everything in game so far handles. That will save a lot of time later on.

Here is a rough preview render of pack 3 (just released) some were remodeled, others minor texture tweekage. These are now in .cob format but are NOT ready for game. I will be sending these to JC in a week or so (hopefully by then I will have something done).

As usual these are by the BC team (credited and permissioned).
 Some really amazing stuff.
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 07:21:38 PM »
Star you Are AMAZING... This is just what I wave been waiting for. Those models are the biggest thing we will need for the beta.

JC4JC

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 09:52:03 AM »
(Blush)

I'm just a humble converter who appreciates that DK and team allowed us to use their pack. I've been dealing with some things (as usual) so while you can expect most of these sent to you in the future, please don't tie me down with a time table although I just posted one. I'll do what I can with these and then when I reached my limit I will send them as a pack to you to finish off or do from scrath on the super high poly ones I can't even touch.

Now I COULD do something with those type of meshes, but at my skill level it would look like total shit and I would feel like an ass to butcher their quality artwork! It would be an insult to them.

l8tr! :)

stargate2008

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 03:49:57 PM »
these are cool star!

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 06:24:22 AM »
Hey Star you got any of these ready. I am just know getting a descent amount of free time that I can starte trying to work on them again

JC4JC

RogueAngyl

• Spittin into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 03:59:44 PM »
Where do we stand as far as sfx?  I know there's been some mention of it from long, long ago but I was watching a few episodes trying to back check some music and I figure with all the audio software I have I might as well put it to work.  Is there anything we need?

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 07:41:30 PM »
Right know we need a few new sounds for the weapons: energy, projectile, and missiles, Ship sounds: flyby, engine, hyperspace enter/exit; and Interface sounds: buttons, and general. I will post a more detailed list in the private forum and I think that stuff like this should now be restricted to the private forum. We have provided more information to the public than I would have liked. I may look through and make a fraps movie to show how this stinker looks if i can find the time.

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 06:46:33 PM »
Ok, Holidays are over and school is gearing backup. looking at the amount of new posts... zero(0)... we are still going slow. I hope to put a quick trailer togeather and show off some of the nicer things we have put into this lovely piece of work.

We are still in need os someone who and give use some user interface graphics as well as a custom 3d artest who can do landscapes and 3d effects. if you interested then send me a PM.

JC4JC

Jangiri

• Cybran Nugget
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 11:47:10 PM »
lol when can you and btrl get your games finished. i want to see how galactica will fare against an ori mothership. aparently mass drivers are better against shields than energy weapons
My name is Inigo Montoya you killed my father prepare to die

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 05:53:56 AM »
Just thought I'd mention I came across a few ships that might be acceptable. I'm testing one for personal use, but having a hard time tracking down the author (no read me) and since it came from a fiel site and not a forum site he has no PM option...

Anyway if I get his permission I'll make a group shot and let JC know.

Here's one in particular I got excited about for a simple design. Mainly cause it has a back story and while the furlings are gone apparently they had a hand in a piece of tech in the fighter (scanning).

It's called the Alliance fighter and was an all purpose 1 person craft. I changed the textures slightly with a back story that a blueprint of it was in the Asgard data core and has been prototyped by Tok'ra, Asgard, and Earth manufacturing to see if it's a cheaper and less manpower draining interceptor.

The tech that goes into it costs more, but teh frame itself can be made from existing Goa'uld and Earth ships. Plus a 50% pilot reduction also helps offset the end cost.

I'm hoping once I find the author he'll approve of my *update* for his fighter.