Author Topic: Beyond the Red Line feature requests  (Read 112849 times)

Antagonist

• View Profile
Beyond the Red Line feature requests
« Reply #450 on: July 21, 2007, 12:48:31 PM »
Quote from: VatTas;77042
What about making gun convergence distance adjustable?
I.e. ability to enter exact number of meters or some "slider" like joystick sensitivity setting?

I actually asked about that about a month back, and I'm pretty sure there were at least 2 people who asked the same before I did...

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 21, 2007, 02:34:38 PM »
Quote from: saruman178;77212
maybe before flight one could decide how much ammo they wana carry so one can sacrifice ammo for speed and agility

for those who think that ammo isnt that big a deal

The problem with that is that as your ammo was used up both values should slowly creep up towards the unladen values. And that's not easy to fix in code at all.

Deckard

• eltiT resU motsuC
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 21, 2007, 07:23:08 PM »
First of all..  wow!; what a cool mod you're making guys!!.

Once said that =) .. it has been mentioned already but I'd like more realistic collision system.  

Ie.  Different colision wave sounds, alarm sounds and damage values (even total/self destruction). These depending on the obstacle's velocity and "mass".

HUD goin nuts during some proportional time after collision.

Vector direction change based on the obstacle impact's direction.

Thanks and keep up the good work!,
 - Deckard
-
Deckard a.k.a The Silencer

saruman178

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 22, 2007, 10:04:12 AM »
Quote from: Antagonist;77215
I actually asked about that about a month back, and I'm pretty sure there were at least 2 people who asked the same before I did...

sorry i havent looked at this thread in a while due to the fact that i havent been on these forums in a long time being on vacation and all

and kara about the coding i  understand it was just an idea

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 22, 2007, 10:06:33 AM »
No problem. Feel free to mention ideas. Sometimes they are a lot easier to add in than you'd think.

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
« Reply #455 on: July 22, 2007, 10:31:51 AM »
Quote from: takashi;76964
hey, its just an option.  maybe even a "switch on burst fire" for newbies who havent learned how to conserve shots, or for pros who want to look hard-core with perfect bursts!

Pros dont need fancy addons to look hard-core. All a pro really needs is basic FS2 flight controls. Pitch, Yaw, Banking, Accellerator, Decellerator, and Afterburners, thats all you need to kick everyones asses. Glide really isnt neccessary if your any good. :p
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 10:52:33 AM by [dw]-hunter »

grzmot

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 22, 2007, 10:47:36 AM »
maybe add ability to shoot from carrier cannons. As we land on carrier player can change through carrier cannons and shoot. smth like in BF1942 navy ships

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 22, 2007, 10:48:55 AM »
lol, people, this game is about flying a fighter, not being in turrets.

illmatic112

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 22, 2007, 08:51:43 PM »
Don't know if this has already been said but I'd like to have the ability to deactivate systems or enter into a low power mode where only comms and passive dradis are active. While in this mode other fighters would have to be witin 150 meters in order to pick you up on dradis or target you. The downside is you would be a sitting duck as your ship powers back up.

This could be useful in missions where your ship is damaged and you have to hide and wait for a recovery raptor or you could lie in wait for a cylon patrol to pass then jump them from behind. Also with some type of controllable power system you could have situations where your power system is damaged and you can deactivate non essenstial systems to keep your viper flying or shut down just prior to a emp blast to keep your systems from getting fried.

Someone also mentioned a fuel system. I think this would be cool because you could have a situation where your fuel line gets shot out by a cylon raider and you now have a limited supply of fuel and the pressure is on to make it back to galatica for refuel.

badaa

• View Profile
thurster
« Reply #459 on: July 25, 2007, 08:58:33 PM »
if it hasnt been brought up i like to be able to
change truster direction faster and smoother because
when i use them it seems to delay and is somewhat jerky  
and stuttery .

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 25, 2007, 10:13:46 PM »
Can people please read the thread before posting? Saying your sorry because you refuse to read the thread doesn't really give you an excuse to repeat something that has been said by 20 other people who refuse to read as well. Atleast skim through it so you have an idea of what has been suggested...

badaa

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 25, 2007, 11:02:17 PM »
Quote from: '[dw
-hunter;77485']Can people please read the thread before posting? Saying your sorry because you refuse to read the thread doesn't really give you an excuse to repeat something that has been said by 20 other people who refuse to read as well. Atleast skim through it so you have an idea of what has been suggested...

bite me

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 26, 2007, 02:51:07 AM »
I wasnt talking to you, dumbass...

Enki

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 26, 2007, 03:52:45 AM »
Quote from: '[dw
-hunter;77489']I wasnt talking to you, dumbass...

But I'm talking to you.  You don't need to talk like a pro to sound like an ass.  The frakkin thread is 12 pages long and who gives a rat's ass if your sensibilities are bruised when someone happens to ask a dupe question in a reasonable manner.  This thread hasn't graduated to a canon FAQ so there isn't even any reasonable netiquitte expectation to have everyone read stale posts over 5 months old.  Kara was the OP, he's a team member, he seems just fine with reasonably asked dupes.  Not your forum to run.

Your ridiculous attitude tempts me to match the level of ridiculous and make my audition to the team as a coder: an AI extension that hunts down any trace of you in MP, automatically sets your ammo to three rounds, no missiles, places you 50 meters in front of someone, with your speed/direction slaved to them and hull integrity to about 5%. every. time. you. join. or respawn.  :lol:    I'm not 100% positive, but I think it can be done without breaking everything else.  It would slow things down a little though.

takashi

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 26, 2007, 03:55:50 AM »
i think you could do that with scripting instead of going and messing with the code.