Author Topic: Beyond the Red Line feature requests  (Read 78188 times)

Williamson

• View Profile
Beyond the Red Line feature requests
« Reply #975 on: September 20, 2008, 07:56:23 PM »
Hi
I just gotta ask: is the battlestar and basestar in the demo? Or are they gonna be in the next release? Any idea when that will be?
Thanks!
Williamson

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #976 on: September 20, 2008, 10:02:01 PM »
Those will be in the finalized releases m8.
The FreeSpace Open engine needs finalized for version 10 to add the necessary content for the missions sarrounding the cap ships. The final release isn't planned much more than after the last episode of BSG airs from what the Dev team has already posted.
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cookie007

• View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 21, 2008, 04:20:13 PM »
Hi there :)

I would love to have some nukes for the cylon raiders like seen in the mini series - not those little rockets in the demo... they are so ridiculous - I guess it would be a nice thing for the main release cause then those raiders would be very dangerous and a great threat for the entire fleet :yes:

is there any chance we see them in the game ???

Thanks ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 04:30:08 PM by cookie007 »

Rainman

• Ace Raider Conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 21, 2008, 06:27:28 PM »
Quote from: cookie007;106704
Hi there :)

I would love to have some nukes for the cylon raiders like seen in the mini series - not those little rockets in the demo... they are so ridiculous - I guess it would be a nice thing for the main release cause then those raiders would be very dangerous and a great threat for the entire fleet :yes:

is there any chance we see them in the game ???

Thanks ;)

Hey man there is already a mission out there where a wing of AI controlled raiders are armed with nukes and head towards the miner you are protecting. It is a very well made mission and supports multiplayer as well, is also one of my favorites. But since I haven't played in so long I can't remember the name.

It starts off with a squadron of vipers launch from Galactica (Ofcoarse not visible) and they head full speed towards a couple of minersahead which are being ravaged by a raider wing. The miners have lost FTL, and are trying to repair it but the Raiders are causing them trouble. Anyways during the immense fighting on the massive map (really makes you feel like you are fighting in an actual war) a wing of raiders jump in, and the squadron leader says that they have nukes and must be intercepted. Now the one time they got past me and fired nukes there was a tremendous explosion with a shockwave and all, and it really was more fun than if i had intercepted them:D.

-And the idea about the nuclear mines... well we might as well add nuclear bullets and tractor beams to end the circle fights ;). Lets think real solutions.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 06:32:31 PM by Rainman »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ace

• The Blue Fist of Doom
    • View Profile
    • http://www.savant-online.net/
« Reply #979 on: September 21, 2008, 07:52:12 PM »
Well, with not a whole lot of table editing and FRED you can make that mission now :)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #980 on: September 22, 2008, 11:49:01 PM »
How do I get new ship pof's into FRED?
It kept crashing when I tried import....
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Angelus

• Death Dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 03, 2008, 02:29:00 PM »
Quote from: KewlToyZ;106731
How do I get new ship pof's into FRED?
It kept crashing when I tried import....

PM me, i had the same probs a while back, maybe my solution works for ya.

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 03, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »
Cursing at the computer will not help now ;)
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Don’t be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

a50callovenote

• toasta killa
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 04, 2008, 02:24:32 AM »
I was looking at the starfox mod and it seems that it would be very possible to do the assault on new caprica mission... yea the one where the galactica jumps in atmosphere. the starfox crew were even able to put a city in! wow this project as evolved far past my imagination for freespace... you could also make a mission where you are defending caprica city! anyhow, just a thought
Frak.

Angelus

• Death Dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 04, 2008, 11:19:24 AM »
Quote from: TESLA;107183
Cursing at the computer will not help now ;)

And what about bashing the Computer with a sledge hammer? ;)

Deckard

• eltiT resU motsuC
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 04, 2008, 07:55:16 PM »
... in case someone feels tempted on what Angelus suggests.. then, please, record it and upload an slow motion of it to YouTube ;)
-
Deckard a.k.a The Silencer

Thaeris

• ERAU BSAE Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 26, 2008, 12:58:32 AM »
I know there were other threads for this, but seeing as this the primary thread for making suggestions, I thought I would post here:

Is there any chance of seeing this bird?

[ATTACH]4476[/ATTACH]

This is a Scorpion fighter from the original series, and was seen in that show as well. Just an idea...

-Thaeris

M-562

• callsign: slipstream
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 26, 2008, 09:47:02 AM »
Judging by the wingspan I think that thing would have a hard time fitting in the launch tube lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
to hell with those walkin toasters! :D :D

«58th nukes for everyone.» http://sloganizer.net

Snagger

• View Profile
    • http://www.nickslandrover.co.uk
« Reply #988 on: October 28, 2008, 03:26:56 PM »
It was a predecessor to the Viper, and given the TOS "500-yahren" age of the battlestars, should have been compatible from a canon view point, if not an effects one.  I can't remember whether it was used in the episode where Starbuck flies a recon mission in an unarmed but automated Viper or the one where Apollo was stuck on a backwards planet (wild west style) where a local bad "Boss" and his sheriff had reprogrammed a damaged Centurion.
something I do understand;)  : http://www.nickslandrover.co.uk

David cgc

• View Profile
    • http://web.mac.com/david_of_mac/
« Reply #989 on: October 28, 2008, 09:52:46 PM »
It was the one with the recon Viper. It was from a long-abandoned Colonial prison colony, hence the outdated equipment. I suppose it could fit in the new series as a pre-war precursor to the Viper Mark I. It seems pretty clear that the Viper series was designed for compatibility with Colonial launch tubes, so this could be the last of their pre-battlestar fighters.
“Just as a fun exercise, imagine what a bunch of hot chicks would think if they were reading this thread over your shoulder. I like to do that from time to time.”
Samuel T. Cogley