Author Topic: Beyond the Red Line feature requests  (Read 78184 times)

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
Beyond the Red Line feature requests
« Reply #945 on: May 09, 2008, 01:01:23 AM »
Quote from: Fish;99876
So that's the resolution you run the game at, yeah? Is it distorted as mentioned above by Legacy? Do you find it to be a problem? Have you tried any workarounds?

I sense no distortions whatsoever?
I am running it on Vista Ultimate 32 bit with dream scenes also.
And I am only running 2 gigs of ram.
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

blowfish

• n00b in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 09, 2008, 01:06:18 AM »
The Lead indicator is misaligned with the ship it is tracking.  This has been a known issue for a while.  It has been fixed recently, but no BtRL builds have been released since then.
No matter how much experience I get, I will always be a n00b at heart.

Earth Defense Join Us!

Fish

• Rook
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelivingend.com.au/
« Reply #947 on: May 09, 2008, 03:42:26 AM »
Yeah, that's what I was referring to - the lead indicator, etc. I know the engine is old (I played FS1 and 2 when they were released, on 13 & 15" CRTs), but given that approximately everyone has widescreen these days, I am surprised there aren't more people complaining about having a stretched picture. Thus, I thought there might be a solution I hadn't heard of...

But as KewlToyz is apparently oblivious (and giving out oddly irrelevant computer specs), I'm guessing others are too.

Does anyone force resolution into 4:3 and live with black bars on the side to play without distortion?

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 09, 2008, 04:12:10 AM »
Quote from: Fish;99881
Yeah, that's what I was referring to - the lead indicator, etc. I know the engine is old (I played FS1 and 2 when they were released, on 13 & 15" CRTs), but given that approximately everyone has widescreen these days, I am surprised there aren't more people complaining about having a stretched picture. Thus, I thought there might be a solution I hadn't heard of...

But as KewlToyz is apparently oblivious (and giving out oddly irrelevant computer specs), I'm guessing others are too.

Does anyone force resolution into 4:3 and live with black bars on the side to play without distortion?

I am not aware of anything wrong with what I see in the game.
As far as the specs, their 100% accurate I have been building systems for over 10 years.
No black bars, no distortion and thats the proper resolution I play at?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crixx

• Give the order.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 09, 2008, 12:46:21 PM »
Heh, and all this time i've just adapted to having broken lead indicators :x

newman

• View Profile
« Reply #950 on: May 09, 2008, 01:56:24 PM »
If the game only supports 4:3 resolutions, and your monitor is 16:9 (widescreen), then you'll definitely see distorted picture or black side bars. No other computer spec is relevant for this - it all comes down to your screen's native aspect ratio and what the game supports.

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 09, 2008, 07:19:20 PM »
Quote from: newman;99908
If the game only supports 4:3 resolutions, and your monitor is 16:9 (widescreen), then you'll definitely see distorted picture or black side bars. No other computer spec is relevant for this - it all comes down to your screen's native aspect ratio and what the game supports.

I'm just distorted and don't notice it I guess.
Of course I could just have the sense that my FOV is wider because everything looks fine when it is in my sights. 1680x1050 is what I set my desktop and the game to. It's the native res of my LCD.

If a game has an FOV I always mod it to between 120-180 on average as a preference for immersion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Arsenal

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 14, 2008, 06:55:42 PM »
My throttle has an afterburner feature built into it - but it doesn't seem compatible with the BtRL controls.

It would be nice, although an un-neccessary feature, if I could use my throttle to the fullest.  It is a TopGun AfterburnerII.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 03:56:21 PM by Arsenal »
\'\'When all else fails, liberally apply ordnance.\'\'

MadMan

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 12, 2008, 02:57:30 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have a few ideas for this great mod. I'm not sure if someone else mentioned this before but here it is:

1. make DRADIS lose the target if it hides behind an asteroid depending on size and time (a quick fly-by should have almost no effect)

2. a HUD indicator showing the vector for the best intercept course
The lead indicator could maybe change its size, shape or color as long as you are not in weapon range showing you the best intercept course)

3. a HUD indicator showing a vector which is orthogonal to the flight vector of incoming missiles
The indicator could pop up along with the missile warning. That would be very helpful for evading missiles only with afterburner.

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 12, 2008, 05:18:41 PM »
I am finally noticing the lead indicator is off a quite a bit with widescreen.
The sweet spot seems to be halway between the indicator and the target.
Other than that, is there an FOV adjustment in the game engine?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

YIIMM

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 12, 2008, 10:27:28 PM »
One thought I've had came to me when I was watching the miniseries again. What if there could be an on-the-rails level, almost like in Call of Duty, where you have the viewpoint of one of the civvies, for the Battle of Ragnar.

I just quite like the idea of seeing Galactica (and half the fleet) far ahead of you, and then seeing it manoeuver to fight at enemies you can't see yet, and all the while you have the sense that your survival is out of your hands.

Just a thought.

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 13, 2008, 01:51:22 PM »
would make a nice cutscene or something like that, but if im looking at Galactica moving to attack an enemy id rather be there doing the attacking not looking out a window as it happens. lol
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"

Echilles

• Drunken XO
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 13, 2008, 05:57:18 PM »
I don't mean to be rude or hasty considering the game progress, but speaking about cutscenes... Is there any new word about this kind of stuff ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Every step that you take
Could be your biggest mistake

Roman

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 15, 2008, 02:24:32 AM »
You guys have played Ace Combat before correct? One of the nifty little features in the game is the option to fly around without fighting

It would be nice if you could fly around the fleet without worrying about a mission (just a relaxing cruise or Air Cap) could give you the chance to test out the graphic settings and get familiarized with the flight controls.

Sidestep

• Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 29, 2008, 12:01:09 PM »
I haven't played FS2 so I don't know if this is already a feature in there, (or if someone has mentioned it before), but will you be promoted in rank as you progress through the game, i.e. start as a Noob and end up as CAG depending on how well you do in the missions?

And maybe a Top Gun prize for a certain amount of kills etc.