Author Topic: A different type of BSG fan fiction series in the works...  (Read 18014 times)

CB2001

• View Profile
A different type of BSG fan fiction series in the works...
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 04:23:32 AM »
TBH, if there was ever a game mod based on BSG, someone should do it with F.E.A.R.  Seriously, can you imagine fighting Centurions in the slow-mo?  That would rock.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 07:06:44 AM by CB2001 »

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2007, 09:05:48 AM »
Update:  Thanks to Rogue777, a Sim-maker and one of the Moderators at InSimenator.net, the Jake Gyllenhaal Sim used in the test shots will be replaced.  The Jake Gyllenhaal Sim Rogue777 made closely matches the actual actor.  So, all I would have to do for the test comic is reshoot one image of the Sim and shoot the Dualla Flashback scene.

I've only got a few shots I've got to make with the game and do a couple of more screencaps for the Dualla/Roslin scene.  I think I may need to rework the dialogue.  I actually have Roslin saying, "You broke up with him because of a statistic?", which I fear that people would find humorous (which is definately not my intention).

Also, I've been trying to figure out what I should do for my front cover image for the comic.  I've thought about taking a promo picture of Mary MacDonnall and incorporating the image of the Jake Gyllenhaal Sim to make it look like they're standing together or just have both the Mary MacDonnall and the Dualla Sims I'm making standing next to the Sims of Jake Gyllenhaal and Grace Park in a mock-promo shot.  Not sure yet.

And I've come up with a couple of names for a faux-publishing company that will appear on the cover of each issue (you know, like how X-Men and Spider-man have Marvel).  So far, I've got "Colonial Press" and "Rag-Tag Fleet Comics" (either way, the logo for that will be see is the Colonial Fleet/12 Colonies insignia).

The test comic should be done sometime this week or possibly next (depending on what comes up and how smooth things go).

That's about it for now.  So say we all!  :D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 09:41:04 AM by CB2001 »

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2007, 09:49:21 AM »
New update: I've completed the machinima portion of the comic. The reshoot of the shot of the John Coba character and a shot of two Cylons from the second variation I was able to make (I had difficulty with the first one, which looks like a slimmer younger brother to the Centurions on the new show) was a bit difficult, but the Dualla/John cafe flashback went by rather easily.

Now, all that is needed is to wrap up the scene between Dualla and Roslin (live action caps) and figure out a good segway from Roslin waking up from the dream sequence to the scene (much later on the timeline) where Adama passes a message from Sharon (Athena) to Roslin post "Downloaded".

I am a little worried about how people will react to the Centurions featured in the dream sequence. I do hope to include an author's note, stating that due to the limited resources of custom content, I was not able to recreate either the Centurions from the old show or the new Centurions from the current show. And I hope that the Centurions featured do not come off too "cartoony".

That's about it for now. The comic may be completed sometime Friday night/Saturday afternoon (maybe). So say we all!

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2007, 01:11:37 AM »
I know you all have waited patiently for this, so here it is.  The test comic that I had been working on.  The file is 3.23 megs big and it is recommended you have a program that reads PDF files.  Hope you enjoy it, despite the cruedness of the story and screencaps.

http://www.mediamax.com/cb2001/Hosted/Prelude1.pdf

If you have a problem viewing it, try downloading it to harddrive and then try to view it.  If any persistant problems occur, let me know.  :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 01:52:37 AM by CB2001 »

Imperator

• Imperator has conquered!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cylonbase.com/
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2007, 04:42:45 PM »
I downloaded it, but I can't get it open. Must be the firefox...
"Reality is Cylon technology obviously outstrips our own."

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 07:14:01 PM »
I tried it in Firefox and it doesn't appear to be the browser's fault.  Have you tried viewing the file in Adobe Reader itself instead of accessing it from the webbrowser?  Because the file can be viewed on both my laptop and desktop, both in Adobe Reader (7.0 I have, so above that should work).

Imperator

• Imperator has conquered!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cylonbase.com/
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 07:19:19 PM »
Wait, it's working now, thanks for your help. I'll read it after I've done my homework and stuff.
"Reality is Cylon technology obviously outstrips our own."

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 07:47:19 PM »
Okie dokie.  I hope you enjoy it.  :)

BTW, if there are those who dislike using Adobe Reader, there is an alternative called Foxit Reader.  You can download it here: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 01:47:56 AM by CB2001 »

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2007, 07:14:13 AM »
BTW, I played "Half-Life 2" and "Half-Life 2: Episode 1" (My dad installed it on my computer over the Spring Break I had down here).  It's not a bad game.  Would love to see a BSG mod for it.

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 08:55:05 PM »
Well, what do you guys think of the test comic?  Good?  Bad?  Ugly?

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2007, 09:21:34 PM »
BTW, if anyone had any problems trying to download the file lately, you can try it now.  Apparently for some odd reason there was an error that caused the file being unable to download.  But remember, download it to harddrive and then view it with one of the above mentioned reader programs.  :D

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2007, 07:39:18 PM »
Just to keep everyone up to date, I've been trying to think about what to do for the next comic. Below is what I have thus far for the idea:
1. Kate (under the guise of Sharon Valerii) accompanies John to his home on Tauron to attend his brother's funeral. Set one year prior to the attacks.
2. Sheba recalls training with Starbuck and Apollo while she's on Picon for her sexual harrasment tribunal, only to deal with the attack on Picon and attempt to get off the planet and back to the Battlestar Solaria. Set the day before and during the attacks.
3. Rollin and Selena Phoebus meet while attending university. Set a long while before the attacks.
4. All of the members (except for one) are in Club Lavela, one of the coolest night clubs in Providence, unaware that they will meet again after the attacks. We also see how Baltar and Caprica Six meet. Set two years before the attacks.
5. The actual first story of the series, "Caged", following John a couple of hours before and after the attacks and capture.

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2007, 04:48:08 PM »
I've gotten the ideas wittled down to three choices.  Out of the five above, the three that I've managed to get it down to three stories.

The final three:
1. Kate (under the guise of Sharon Valerii) accompanies John to his home on Tauron to attend his brother's funeral. Set one year prior to the attacks.
2. Sheba recalls training with Starbuck and Apollo while she's on Picon for her sexual harrasment tribunal, only to deal with the attack on Picon and attempt to get off the planet and back to the Battlestar Solaria. Set the day before and during the attacks.
5. The actual first story of the series, "Caged", following John a couple of hours before and after the attacks and capture.

If there are any suggestions for any other choices, let me know.

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2007, 04:41:10 AM »
Just to let everyone know, the comic is still a go, it's just that school and looking for a certain game mod for "The Sims 2" is slowing down the progression.  But this summer may allow the series to progress more.

black_library

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2007, 12:03:28 PM »
I wanted to download but I cant open that link u provided....