Author Topic: A different type of BSG fan fiction series in the works...  (Read 17879 times)

CB2001

• View Profile
A different type of BSG fan fiction series in the works...
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2009, 01:41:39 AM »
Hey hey!  It's me again, and I've got a new update.  While in between doing class work and patiently waiting for the Sims I need to start work on the series, I have recently installed a new version of Photoshop as a part of the MasterCollection for Macintosh.  So, after taking some "green screen" shots, I have placed a Sim into a screenshot to see if it's possible to do it and it be not noticeable as it would be if I left it normally.  By doing this, it will help determine if comic bookizing the pictures will be the true way to go for the series.  So, here is the first "green screen" test shots (more may follow)

Original Photo, no filters, Sim "greenscreened" in and light rendered to best fit the lighting in the picture.

Photo with Find Edge Filters, as well as adding another layer with dodging effect to lower color intensity.

Let me know what you guys think which of the two blends together and if the filter applications made comes off better than the previous test shots: Using unfiltered shots with Sims greenscreened in or using the filters with greenscreened Sims in.

Additional Edit: Since at two forums, two users recommended bringing up the stage, I've tried to in order to appease them.  So, with either of the shots with the comic effect applied, can you tell it's a Sim that's been greenscreened into the shot or does it look rather seamless?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 08:32:28 PM by CB2001 »

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2009, 02:24:25 AM »
BTW, I need some help here.  I have a question for you: alternate realities - possible in the BSG universe or too typical Sci-Fi for the show?  The reason why I ask is because I have to rework a lot of details including my ending, since Ron Moore sort of took my idea about a song being the co-ordinates to a new home planet for a group of human and Cylon refugees.

Jangiri

• Cybran Nugget
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2009, 04:34:25 AM »
use a different song
My name is Inigo Montoya you killed my father prepare to die

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2009, 04:13:02 AM »
Quote from: Jangiri;114193
use a different song

LOL.  Don't worry, after hearing "All Along the Watchtower", I have long since decided on using another Earth song, which will be a Pink Floyd song.  But one character will be also receiving some other Earth songs, but Pink Floyd will be the one he becomes the most obsessed with and will lead them to...  Well, the only thing I can call it is a "doorway".

But I am asking about alternate realities: possible in the BSG universe or too Sci-Fi to be there?  The reason why I ask is because the only way I am able to retain the ending I have in mind, I may need to send the Battlestar Athena (and possibly another Rebel Basestar) to an alternate reality courtesy of a certain group, whom I will not name right now, and you'll find out who the God is that doesn't like to be called "God".

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2009, 08:15:02 AM »
Another update, not a whole lot:

After some discussions I have finally figured out a way to keep my series' ending without changing anything except for one detail. And it's something established within the show itself.

I still have not been able to find the four necessary Sims of the Cavils, Dorals, Simons and Leobans. So, in other words, the series is still in stall. I would begin now, but I think it would be weird to see Picon covered with just Model 3s, Model 6s and Model 8s (though most guys would see that as the perfect world, it would conflict with what we've seen on the show).

And just a friendly reminder We will be starting it at 8 o'clock pm on April 30 (Thursday) with the mini-series for "Operation: Rewatch" (Note: You will have to register in order to use the Launch Tube, however, registration is free): http://www.bsgpilots.com

CB2001

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2009, 08:56:31 AM »
Hey everyone!  Sorry for taking so long for new updates, but I've been rather busy.  I've got some good news and some ongoing questions I'd like to ask you guys (feel free to chime in with your two-cubits).

First off, I've got great news.  I've found a Simmaker who is working on some BSG Sims and she is willing to not only make the Significant 7 Cylon models I need, but will also allow me to use them in the series.  The Lucy Lawless Sim I originally selected to be used for the comic will be replaced with a new one by her. So far, for the Cylon Models she has done, she has a D'anna and a Sharon done.  Honestly, I feel both look closer to the actresses than the previous Sims I found of these two and plan on going with them.  And I have sent pictures for her to do Leoban next.  Let me know what you guys think of the D'anna and Sharon:

D'anna: http://v7images.ibibi.com/1177/1177876.jpg

Sharon:
http://v7images.ibibi.com/1180/1180515.jpg

The Sims Resource Page for hehthur (the user making the Sims): http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/hehthur/

Note: She also has a Helo, a Dualla and an Apollo she's done.  All of them are available for download if you want to go with them.  :)

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but I've found quite a lot of Sim pose objects that have opened up a wide possibilities of Sim poses that may be able to use in the comic series.

I'm still putting on finishing touches for the first story in the comic series.  I've just got to make sure if I want to include Kate's side of the story in the first story or wait for the second comic, which she shows up again in.  I'm also trying to decide to have Selena and Rollin leave their home and then be caught, or to attempt to leave the planet and get caught.  Also, trying to decide on how Glen Norme gets picked up.  I may have to change Sheba's story a bit, since I've discovered that Cavil didn't just put Ellen on the Rising Star, but stayed with her during the events in "33" (I saw this in a special 30 second preview on the Sci-Fi website).  But, needless to say, the series will be coming really soon.

One of the big questions I keep asking is this: "For the Battlestar Athena, will I have her be the TOS Galactica or the new Galactica design?"  I definitely need some help here and an opinion: Should I go with the TOS Galactica design for the Athena or the new Galactica design for the Athena?  I will admit, I have had one user send me to a couple of websites for designs of RIS BSG inspired vessels, but those models aren't available for the "Orbiter" space sim (to which someone has offered to help out for space shots, though as cool as it would be to have a different design for a Battlestar, the odds of getting a 3-D model to be converted over for the sim may be difficult, while the TOS Galactica and RIS Galactica are already available).

I've still got some "sets" to construct, primarily being some empty streets, "Union Central" subway station, a bus/school bus depot and several others for the first half of the comic series.  I'm even looking at utilizing some of the lots constructed by other users.  I will also get around to installing "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas", as well as the mods for it in hopes of making some necessary shots as well.

I've come across a site that has allows users to create their own Wikipedia for free.  I've considered on opening one for the comic series.  But I am not sure about it.  For a homepage, I am still not sure of one I can use.  I would prefer a free website and utilize a free file host to host the comics.

I know that this is not much of an update, but it's better to have something than nothing.  Anyways, submit your feedback when you can.