Author Topic: Stargate SG1:ED is looking for staff  (Read 13450 times)

Blue Lion

• Higonaut
    • View Profile
Stargate SG1:ED is looking for staff
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 05:51:30 AM »
What are you still looking for?
Suddenly, and without warning, it became a real life game of Hungry Hungry Hippos

jc4jc

• View Profile
The New List of People and Items we Need for the MOD!
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 05:56:45 AM »
This is just a short list I have put together for everyone to see so they know what they can sign-up for.

*******************Important**********************
For a detail discription of what we need in the category you wish to sign-up for please ask for them in your sign-up PM.

Models:
(1) We need modeler who can create landscape areas and/or skyboxes.
(2) We need some general modelers for special items such as buildings and generic objects in space.

***NOTICE: As of right now ship models are not a high priority unless you have a better and/or higher detail (with in reason people) model than what we have already.***

Effects:
(1) We need some effects artists who can make a large array of explosion and impact effects.
(2) We need some effects artists who are familar with unique Stargate effects.

Writers:
(1) We are in need of background writers who are vary familiar with the Stargate universe lore/background etc.
(2) We are in need of technical writers who are vary familiar with the Stargate universe tech/ships/weapons/etc.
(3) We are in need of script writers vary familiar with military jargon/lingo/language, primarily for the USAF.

Interface:
(1) We are in need of graphics artists who are familiar with the computer layouts of the Stargate universe and know about the FS2 interface. This is for the stuff you see in the login, barricks, database, etc screens.
(2) We are in need of graphics artists who are familiar with the cockpits of the X/F - 302 and real modern aircraft. This is for the HUD graphics in-game.

Sound:
***Right know we have a person who is covering sound very well we may need some people for general sound effects but this is not a priority at this time.***
There is an appointed time for everything...
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down ad a time to build up...
A Time For War and A Time For Peace.
                                   Eccl. 3:1a, 3, 8b

I say let us strive towards PEACE.
                                    JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)
JC 4(For) J(esus) C(hrist)

Blue Lion

• Higonaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 01:41:45 AM »
I might be able to script some for you.
Suddenly, and without warning, it became a real life game of Hungry Hungry Hippos

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 06:02:42 AM »
send me a PM with what you mean by "script": fred2 script, mission scripts. Please refer to the above areas when addressing something so as to reduce confusion.

JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 11:49:13 PM »
I am currently looking for someone to join on to help out with our out-of-game mainhall interface graphics. anyone interested please send me a pm.

JC4JC

Jangiri

• Cybran Nugget
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 01:28:14 AM »
not that i think that i am really useful for anything. but i am always good at constructive criticism. not that anyone wants that.
My name is Inigo Montoya you killed my father prepare to die

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 08:40:02 AM »
No offense, Jangiri, but a team needs much more than that...

aragon101

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 09:01:20 PM »
Other than voice acting (which just about ANYONE can do)

Writers:
(1) We are in need of background writers who are vary familiar with the Stargate universe lore/background etc.
(2) We are in need of technical writers who are vary familiar with the Stargate universe tech/ships/weapons/etc.
(3) We are in need of script writers vary familiar with military jargon/lingo/language, primarily for the USAF.

I can do all three no prob. Alas that's the limit of what i could potentially do. if you need reference for my stargate lore knowledge, here's my prior work Fanfiction

as far as modeling and textures and sounds, alas... I know it's the biggest thing you need!

Why don't you post a thread on Gateworld asking for help? It's the biggest SG fansite there is, i'm sure out of all those you'll get a few more hands helping. I'd guess for every 5 wanting to write, you'll get one who knows how to model :p

EDIT: oh one more thing, i can beta test. got the latest SCP pack and millions of mods. I can start right away if you'd like with whatever you do have. (those screenshots looked awesome) I have limted FREDing ability as well.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 12:35:32 AM by aragon101 »

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 04:25:03 AM »
Not sure how but I sent a reply and it's not here. hmm. anyway I lied what I saw on your Fanfiction page and have sent you a challenge to see how you would approach things for the mod.

JC4JC

eps200

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 11:28:22 PM »
gate world have hundreds of good writers that are familiar with how do i put it the mechanics of the Stargate ships they also have some awesome modellers (same site i got the scales from) do you want me to go dig out the relevant threads for you to try recruiting in or ill do it if you want to try it but are too busy
its the only place I've seen with shed loads of modellers and nothing els I've had no success getting them into other mod teams but a Stargate mod would have considerably more success.

i would love to help but I am very new to free space only bought freespace 2 three days ago.
I've done stuff for other engines but nothing really transferable ive mapped for FPS and RTS stuff and i have mapped on a source mod that included space combat sections (yp that is doable on that engine) so level design wouldn't be a problem if you have no FREDers ill have ago at it see how much my mapping skills are transferable.

boorourcediew

• View Profile
Stargate SG1 ED is looking for staff
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 03:15:54 PM »
An earth invasion could be something they could do as a special event overseen by the GMs over a set period of time perhaps 3-4 hours long.  I think the Stargate world has potential for alot of special events like this.

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 04:34:45 PM »
Well, Time, past time really, for an update. my new system is up and running and I am hoping to get started on working on the mod again here soon, my laptop is acting up and that is just another thing. I hope to have more details soon.

JC4JC