Author Topic: Screenshot thread!  (Read 591016 times)

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1470 on: October 31, 2010, 09:48:55 PM »
So, we're not getting a pic for halloween?

Not even a pumpkin arwing?

Oh boy :sigh:
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

DaBrain

• Dude with micro shadows
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/starfox
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1471 on: October 31, 2010, 10:11:02 PM »
Before we continue working on new eyecandy, I'd like the team to focus on the gameplay for a while.

Finishing scripts and code, work on the balancing.

While we're doing that some will be working on some features that will allow better visuals.
We'll make use of them for sure once they're completed.
Watch your shadow
-------------------
"the more i look at the shots the more i\'m becomming a..starfox fan :nod:"
-Dodger-

"Laziness is the first step to efficiency."
-DaBrain-

Official Q-Games fan

Psygonis

• Psygonis, online!
    • View Profile
    • http://psygonis.deviantart.com
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1472 on: November 03, 2010, 09:46:54 PM »
You're hurting their feelings DaB'! :O

There there: ( :P )

No prefer refering to you as "forum members" and not the usual term for that kind of meme... If you don't mind! :D
Krystal art by Black_Berry (http://blackby.deviantart.com).
In the Depths of Lylat, an old Planet is dying...
Forgotten for centuries in the History of Lylat, Taklys vanishes place after place, until no Life lasts anymore on it\'s surface...
Bannished by the Cornuseans milleniums ago, Cursed by the Wrath of Andross nowadays, some of the remaining Shadamars alive now stand up by the cornerian side to revenge!

Artworks: http://psygonis.deviantart.com

Fox_McCloud3232

• Ace texture replacer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.random-sauce3292.piczo.com
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1473 on: November 04, 2010, 05:34:15 PM »
FFT lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click here to see my brawler card (somehow it was deleted)

Why is it that the moment you stop looking for something, it suddenly turns up? well it\'s a law of nature. because nature hates you :lol: ~ Fox_McCloud3232

Flammenwerfer fox

• Professional scum hunter
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1474 on: November 04, 2010, 07:46:35 PM »
Muuh... Too scary...*collapses*

*Medic runs over and checks his pulse*  "He's dead."
Sometimes, knowing that you\'ve hurt someone is worse than punishment.

zorro7

• View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1475 on: December 02, 2010, 04:06:31 AM »
arwing of sf64 is my favorite
but that are nice
i like the screemshot ^^

Flaming Cobra

• Hasn\'t beat Gradius III
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001049449423
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1476 on: December 31, 2010, 10:24:09 PM »
Did anyone else notice that in the very first screenshot the arwing had TWO lasers?

And by all of them except the Adventures and Command arwings, does that mean the Star Fox 2 arwings will also be available?

DaBrain Said:
If the shots look better than in Starfox64, that's good. Even though there are still a few things in SF64 we still couldn't do.

The cool asteroid bursting. Waves on the water when you get close to it with your Arwing. Or even a simple star map, you can see your progress on.
(So we can't even beat the SNES game here...)

DaBrain, I have a hypothesis on how Nintendo pulled off the wave effect. When one of the Arwing's wings gets within a certain distance from the water, the wave effect appears as a simple sprite next to the tip of the wing. This is certainly within the limits of the Nintendo 64's hardware. The sprite would also work because that effect is never seen from an angle other then directly behind the Arwing. So it's 2D rather than 3D.

However, your problem is that a simple sprite wouldn't work for Shadows of Lylat, as that effect might have to be viewed from a different angle (like if another Arwing was viewing that Arwing produce the wave effect in multiplayer), right? In that case, a sprite won't work because sprites can't be rotated and viewed from a different angle because they are 2D. Unfortunately, I myself have no solution to the problem, since I don't think a 3D model would work very well for that particular effect. And I know next to nothing about special effects.

Again, I'm not a professional and I know next to nothing about special effects, but that's just what I came up with. I'm sorry if your problem in producing the wave effect has to do with some other aspect entirely.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 03:42:52 AM by Flaming Cobra »
"If I have to write a research paper, do Calculus homework, complete WebAssigns for Chemistry, and read a bunch of chapters in For the Record and How the Other Half Lives, when am I going to find time to study for that exam next Tuesday?"

Fox_McCloud3232

• Ace texture replacer
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1477 on: January 01, 2011, 09:24:11 PM »
Well there is one more theory that i can supply for the water effect,

one way of fixing this  "sprite issue" would be to have it deploy multiple versions of a single sprite that get smaller from the start and bigger at the end. and another thing that the N64 did was have 2D sprites that always faced the camera no matter what direction they were being viewed from, making a 3D effect even though they were 2D. So if being viewed in multiplayer, those water effects would still appear 3D to the person in another arwing, as well as the person in the arwing causing the effect, because the sprite is set to be viewed at the same  angle no matter what camera is viewing it..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why is it that the moment you stop looking for something, it suddenly turns up? well it\'s a law of nature. because nature hates you :lol: ~ Fox_McCloud3232

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1478 on: January 01, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »
Quote from: Fox_McCloud3232;135075
2D sprites that always faced the camera no matter what direction they were being viewed from

Aren't those called Paper Graphics?
I see a little silhouette of a bot
Scaramouch, scaramouch, will you get out of this forum?
spamming and Advertising, very, very frightening me
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Andross

• All Powerful Overlord
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1479 on: January 02, 2011, 02:20:16 AM »
They're a fairly common tactic used right throughout the gaming industry, and conceptually they're not that difficult; the computer works out where you are in relation to the sprite and then turn the sprite in that direction. The effect is used frequently in SF64 for things like the map. But it's a pretty basic effect that I'm pretty sure that the SOL team already knows all about, so there must be another reason why they can't do it.

BTW Psygonis, can you make that Krystal image smaller? it's stretching my screen WAAYYY off the sides
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:24:51 AM by Andross »
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!
-"The rule holds good in everything in life\'s uncertain fight; You\'ll find the winner can\'t go wrong, the loser can\'t go right.
You ride a slashing race, and lose - by one and all you\'re banned! Ride like a bag of flour, and win - they\'ll cheer you in the Stand."~Banjo Paterson

-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!:hoppingma"~The ghost of Zen Tuo

Flaming Cobra

• View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1480 on: January 02, 2011, 06:47:36 AM »
Fox, I know exactly what you're talking about. The same technique was used in Super Mario 64. Those might LOOK 3D to the undiscerning eye, but they're actually flat.

BTW, didn't Da say something about not being able to destroy asteroids somewhere in this thread?
"If I have to write a research paper, do Calculus homework, complete WebAssigns for Chemistry, and read a bunch of chapters in For the Record and How the Other Half Lives, when am I going to find time to study for that exam next Tuesday?"

Fox_McCloud3232

• Ace texture replacer
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1481 on: January 02, 2011, 09:45:53 AM »
yes but it was a LONG time ago, years ago i believe. so they've probably figured out that a simple debris script would work for that, or a model transform script if the object has been hit, create smaller asteroid models and so on, check what model said asteroid is (first hit, spawn second wave, second hit, spawn third wave, third hit destroy smallest model completely). that's how i see the solution anyway...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flaming Cobra

• View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1482 on: January 02, 2011, 03:06:37 PM »
Well i figured the easiest thing to do would be to just copy the whole asteroid thing over from a certain mission in FS1

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1483 on: January 02, 2011, 10:06:26 PM »
Quote from: Flaming Cobra;135093
Well i figured the easiest thing to do would be to just copy the whole asteroid thing over from a certain mission in FS1

An asteroid can be placed on a map Very easily on a mission. And making the field exactly like you want it(extension, ammount of asteroids) takes only a couple of minutes more.
I can't rememeber Da saying anything about not being able to destroy asteroids though...
I see a little silhouette of a bot
Scaramouch, scaramouch, will you get out of this forum?
spamming and Advertising, very, very frightening me
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Fox_McCloud3232

• Ace texture replacer
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1484 on: January 03, 2011, 09:04:29 AM »
Quote from: Falco314;135097

I can't rememeber Da saying anything about not being able to destroy asteroids though...

I believe it was quite a while before you or i even joined. probably while i was a lurker here on the forums when i was a thirteen year old prick XD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]