Author Topic: Screenshot thread!  (Read 586578 times)

DaBrain

• Dude with micro shadows
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/starfox
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #525 on: July 06, 2008, 12:00:38 AM »
Sorry, for the delay here.

The team has done some fine work. Our new member darkfox is already working on his second model and supernova, who took a while off, is back and really came back with a bang. I also like how well Visanity found his way into the team.

Only I've been lazy. ;)
Or rather, I've been doing some more of the "boring stuff", so there isn't much of my work to show yet.

But as a tribute to the nice work of darkfox, I'd like to show you the untextured model:

There is still something pretty big in the works, which can be presented here soon.
Just wait and see. ;)
Watch your shadow
-------------------
"the more i look at the shots the more i\'m becomming a..starfox fan :nod:"
-Dodger-

"Laziness is the first step to efficiency."
-DaBrain-

Official Q-Games fan

Vergial

• Fleet Admiral Joseph
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #526 on: July 06, 2008, 01:59:50 AM »
That is beautiful. How I HOPE we can fly that sucker.
"You are what you make your life to be. If there is something you don\'t like, change it." ~ Myself

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #527 on: July 06, 2008, 10:34:48 AM »
Looks like half a Wolfen and half an Arwing. Which is awesome. It will be an enemy? Nice work!
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Brockenstein

• Of Danub!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://darkcosmos.external-logistics.com/
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #528 on: July 06, 2008, 04:12:58 PM »
Quote from: Fox's_Feather;104466
Looks like half a Wolfen and half an Arwing. Which is awesome.

I believe that one is based off of the Star Fox Assault Wolfen

Prototype

• Lulzer
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #529 on: July 06, 2008, 04:49:17 PM »
I thought I had read something about the Assault Wolfen being ripped directly from the game, am I mistaken then?
Facilitator of Understanding

Star Yoshi

• Patron to the Stars
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #530 on: July 06, 2008, 06:45:18 PM »
Original wolfen can't be ripped directly from the game (no tech exists to do that... to my knowledge).

However, this looks very nice. Kinda a new...-er Wolfen based off the Assault model.

I'll be waiting with bated breath ;P
StarFox and Myst Artwork by me
http://staryoshi.deviantart.com

"Train as if you are going to live forever; live as if you are going to die tomorrow."

Learn how to get Steam games for free.

Brockenstein

• Of Danub!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://darkcosmos.external-logistics.com/
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #531 on: July 06, 2008, 11:22:47 PM »
Quote from: Prototype;104476
I thought I had read something about the Assault Wolfen being ripped directly from the game, am I mistaken then?

I can confirm that there was a model ripped from Assault using emulators and 3d ripping technology. Let me tell you that was an annoying process mainly because of the FPS and having to play through the game to get to the spots where the Wolfen was. That rip was ONLY for reference work. Ripping doesn't have the best results for an actual usable model.

The screen shot DaBrain posted is a model done by Darkfox not a rip or anything like that.

Quote from: Star Yoshi;104480
Original wolfen can't be ripped directly from the game (no tech exists to do that... to my knowledge).

I don't see why it isn't possible but I have never tried. The easiest way I see it is the emulator being based of DirectX now if its based of OpenGL that will work as well but takes a little more effort to setup. Now something I wouldn't mind trying out in the possible near future is ripping the models from the Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I never pay attention to what the differnces in models are for the ArWing, Wolfen, Landmaster etc. While playing the game. Though I haven't even looked at the emulator technology for the Wii since I own a Wii and have had no reasons to... though I guess I own a GameCube too so thats not a very good reason. I don't even remember what got me into emulating and ripping models... [Added note: Any ripping I do is for my personal tasks not for SoL though if asked for I am always willing to offer it up as reference work.]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 11:28:57 PM by Brockenstein »

Jesse TV

• Patient like a Time Bomb.
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #532 on: July 06, 2008, 11:53:26 PM »
Why is it that untextured stuff looks so cool?
We\'re still flying.
 That\'s not much.
 It\'s enough.

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

Star Yoshi

• Patron to the Stars
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #533 on: July 07, 2008, 01:09:00 AM »
Because DaBrain says so ^^
StarFox and Myst Artwork by me
http://staryoshi.deviantart.com

"Train as if you are going to live forever; live as if you are going to die tomorrow."

Learn how to get Steam games for free.

Jesse TV

• View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #534 on: July 07, 2008, 02:32:19 AM »
Quote from: Star Yoshi;104501
Because DaBrain says so ^^

No, seriously. Why does it look so cool, even if it is untextured?
We\'re still flying.
 That\'s not much.
 It\'s enough.

Prototype

• Lulzer
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #535 on: July 07, 2008, 02:32:32 AM »
Quote from: Brockenstein;104492
I can confirm that there was a model ripped from Assault using emulators and 3d ripping technology. Let me tell you that was an annoying process mainly because of the FPS and having to play through the game to get to the spots where the Wolfen was. That rip was ONLY for reference work. Ripping doesn't have the best results for an actual usable model.

The screen shot DaBrain posted is a model done by Darkfox not a rip or anything like that.

Ah, well thank you for clearing that up.  Oh, and I never commented on Darkfox's model itself, which is actually very well done.

Quote from: Jesse TV;104502
No, seriously. Why does it look so cool, even if it is untextured?

It's probably the fact that you can see all the details, prior to textures obscuring what's modeled, thus it looks more sleek.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 02:43:20 AM by Prototype »
Facilitator of Understanding

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #536 on: July 07, 2008, 03:45:05 AM »
Dang, whenever I see that there are fresh posts in the Screenshot Thread, I'm all "oh sweet, they finished something new!" then I zoom straight to the bottom to see what it is, and only see text and I'm like "aw dang, nothing interesting," then I scroll up to find the first of the more recent ones and I'm all "holy stuff! there's a new ship done! and it looks awesome!" and then I'm happy again.

(This wall brought to you by the run-on sentence association of California)
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

paddyt07

• \"The Quiet One\"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/paddyt07
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #537 on: July 07, 2008, 05:29:58 PM »
I'm not sure when I signed up (I think it was ages ago).
But I recently found this project again and it has literally moved along leaps and bounds.
With every screen shot I find my anticipation for this games release growing and I am so excited.
I remember when I first came across this project and was shocked by the graphic but the new screenshots are crazy.
The skill and time put into this is admirable.

Well done!
I wish there was something I could do to get involved but I'm more of a pencil and paper guy ):
http://paddyt07.deviantart.com/
Admittedly no Starfox related stuff but I\'m just spreading the word

Jesse TV

• View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #538 on: July 08, 2008, 01:38:26 AM »
Quote from: Prototype;104504
It's probably the fact that you can see all the details, prior to textures obscuring what's modeled, thus it looks more sleek.

That's pretty much it.

Quote from: paddyt07
I wish there was something I could do to get involved but I'm more of a pencil and paper guy ):

Same here.
We\'re still flying.
 That\'s not much.
 It\'s enough.

Fox_McCloud3232

• Ace texture replacer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.random-sauce3292.piczo.com
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #539 on: July 08, 2008, 09:38:37 AM »
Hey Guys it's been a while. since i saw myself as a nuicence i decided to back off for a bit. i hope you guys forgive me and i have to say! Darkfox did an awesome job on that wolfen!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click here to see my brawler card (somehow it was deleted)

Why is it that the moment you stop looking for something, it suddenly turns up? well it\'s a law of nature. because nature hates you :lol: ~ Fox_McCloud3232