Author Topic: Screenshot thread!  (Read 497900 times)

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1530 on: December 29, 2011, 05:42:03 PM »
Hmm, Hello Malcolm!

:welcome t
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1531 on: January 07, 2012, 01:27:05 AM »
Quote from: malcolm-john;142508

I have seen many posts in the past complaining about browser memory usage. So, the idea of this thread is to compare each user browser about:memory page, to see where the memory is going and perhaps try to optimize it. Additionally, some users might not be aware of the existence of the about:memory page. I think this can be fun, educational and helpful at the same time.

I am not an expert on memory usage, but I think that together we can figure out some things. For instance, as you can see under the storage section in the screenshot below, that lazarus.sqlite database is using 60Mb.

Lazarus is an extension that saves what you type in forms, so in case the browser crashes you can recover the text. It is a very useful add-on, however 60Mb is too much to trade. So I opened Lazarus Database preferences and used the feature to Clean The Database, then restarted the browser. I didn't help. So I opened my FF profile and deleted the lazarus.sqlite. I probably could have done through Lazarus preferences as well. Anyways, I have gained 60 Mb in my Firefox RAM usage.

That is all.
I see a little silhouette of a bot
Scaramouch, scaramouch, will you get out of this forum?
spamming and Advertising, very, very frightening me
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Andross

• All Powerful Overlord
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1532 on: January 07, 2012, 04:43:48 AM »
Sticks head back in....
*Still dead*
leaves again.
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!
-"The rule holds good in everything in life\'s uncertain fight; You\'ll find the winner can\'t go wrong, the loser can\'t go right.
You ride a slashing race, and lose - by one and all you\'re banned! Ride like a bag of flour, and win - they\'ll cheer you in the Stand."~Banjo Paterson

-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!:hoppingma"~The ghost of Zen Tuo

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1533 on: January 07, 2012, 08:19:55 PM »
Hey now, I'm still here, and the spam bots!
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

berry-halle

• View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1534 on: January 26, 2012, 10:15:25 AM »

So much awesome stuff in this game so far - I am still amazed that the games does not take up more that a bit over 5 gigs...

My horse is freekin' Chuck Norris reincarnated - it takes on dragons, mammoths, giants, spiders, bandits, imperials etc. Sometimes I spend more time fighting my war out of some brawl started by this insane pony of mine, than I do questing!

A cool moment was while roaming around in the forests - I saw this hut - and I kinda choked up a bit. No idea what happened, but I guess this husband and wife was attached by a dragon - one of then kneeling over the other - was a rare moment where i just stood there, looking at it - thinking about how god damn awesome a game this is...

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1535 on: January 27, 2012, 08:15:13 PM »
Um... Are you sure you're in the right forum? 'Cause you're looking pretty bot-y right now.

mandobardanjusik

• maveric modeler
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1536 on: February 15, 2012, 12:30:44 PM »
hmm, dont you think it may be time for a new screenshot thread, the old one ended and 35

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1537 on: February 15, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »
Well, as soon as there are some new screenshots... etc, etc.