Author Topic: Screenshot thread!  (Read 556512 times)

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1485 on: January 04, 2011, 09:40:45 AM »
Asteroids placed by the asteroid field editor are destroyable, but they're also unpredictable. Asteroids placed by hand are not destroyable by default, but they can be made to be by changing a simple flag in the table.
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1486 on: January 04, 2011, 11:55:41 AM »
Is it possible to make some units vulnerable to only a certain type of weapon?
Or in this case, biggest asteroids only vulnerable to smart bombs or something. Or other weapons if there is.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Fox_McCloud3232

• Ace texture replacer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.random-sauce3292.piczo.com
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1487 on: January 05, 2011, 12:37:05 AM »
there's probably already a line of code for that. it would be pretty simple if you just had an enemy script modified so that there was no weapons and or flight path. since bosses have that vulnerability portion shouldn't transposing that same piece of code over to the asteroid work just as well?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click here to see my brawler card (somehow it was deleted)

Why is it that the moment you stop looking for something, it suddenly turns up? well it\'s a law of nature. because nature hates you :lol: ~ Fox_McCloud3232

Andross

• All Powerful Overlord
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1488 on: January 05, 2011, 12:55:17 AM »
In my experience with game coding (Which is admittedly pretty small) you can do pretty much anything you want, the problem is you can end up with massive scripts for small common events, and be restricted to doing things that are very uneconomical with respect to computer resources, so it's less a matter of what you can do as what it's feasible to do (Any one jump in and correct me here).
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!
-"The rule holds good in everything in life\'s uncertain fight; You\'ll find the winner can\'t go wrong, the loser can\'t go right.
You ride a slashing race, and lose - by one and all you\'re banned! Ride like a bag of flour, and win - they\'ll cheer you in the Stand."~Banjo Paterson

-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!:hoppingma"~The ghost of Zen Tuo

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1489 on: January 06, 2011, 07:43:45 AM »
I'm glad you asked that, Feather!

In the most recent released build of FSO (the game engine), there is a new feature that allows modders to give ships and even subsystems on those ships armor classes! That means that it is very easy to create a ship that can only be damaged significantly by a specific weapon or type of weapon.
Also there's is a trigger you can use in missions that if a certain subsystem or goup of subsystems on a ship are destroyed, the whole ship goes kaboom!

There's a lot of very cool stuff happening.
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1490 on: January 06, 2011, 09:42:03 AM »
It's pretty easy to it by fiddling around with the armour settings IIRC.

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1491 on: January 06, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »
Also there's is a trigger you can use in missions that if a certain subsystem or goup of subsystems on a ship are destroyed, the whole ship goes kaboom!

You might not want to over-use that thought, especially for bosses. The whole "weakspot" thing got pretty old in term of gameplay. It's better to destroy bosses by just throwing a rain of fire. :)
OR, you could add like a really tiny spot on each enemy ship, very hard to reach, that could indeed allow a one-shot. That would be fantastic. Add bonus for that too. It would make a difference between newbs scores and pro players score. :pimp:
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Andross

• All Powerful Overlord
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1492 on: January 08, 2011, 08:34:35 AM »
I concur with Fox's feather, a one or two hit weakspot would be awsome - supposedly there actually are such points in most things - called shatterpoints..
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!
-"The rule holds good in everything in life\'s uncertain fight; You\'ll find the winner can\'t go wrong, the loser can\'t go right.
You ride a slashing race, and lose - by one and all you\'re banned! Ride like a bag of flour, and win - they\'ll cheer you in the Stand."~Banjo Paterson

-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!:hoppingma"~The ghost of Zen Tuo

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1493 on: March 15, 2011, 04:33:42 PM »
tiny untargetable fragile subsystem...
then in FRED, create an event so when it gets destroyed, the ship selfdestructs... Yea, i think that would be very simple. But i'm not sure it is possible for just the Subsystem to be untargetable... or then no targeting systems to the player? ...okay, i'll stop rambling
I see a little silhouette of a bot
Scaramouch, scaramouch, will you get out of this forum?
spamming and Advertising, very, very frightening me
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1494 on: April 16, 2011, 01:09:01 PM »
Quote from: chrise;136394
what have happened

Damn, these bastards are crawling out of the woodwork!
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Jonathan_S47

• Linux User
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1495 on: April 16, 2011, 03:27:11 PM »
The general discussion forum is crawling with spambots.
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
0 rows returned.

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1496 on: April 16, 2011, 05:09:58 PM »
Okay, who else thinks sealing off that jump node is a good idea?
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

promobnk34

• View Profile
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1497 on: April 23, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
güzel yorum. başarılar dileriz

Flaming Cobra

• Hasn\'t beat Gradius III
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001049449423
I'll just leave this right here.
« Reply #1498 on: July 17, 2011, 12:57:22 AM »
Has anyone seen this image yet?

Husky unit, cover the base.

And as far as I remember, SoL team, lasers don't come out of the wings. They come out of the blue things.

Guessing that since the infyrno missile is remotely detonated, that was the basis for the nova bomb and its old model.

Guessing that since the tempest is still a selectable weapon, it has been converted to a new, never before seen star fox weapon.

-------------------------------

looking through the old screenshots thread I see there was also a GF Plasma Cannon. I might be wrong, but does that stand for "Great Fox Plasma Cannon?" On my Arwing?

I am assuming the Rapid Fire Laser also still exists.

And since the subach is the "photon laser" mentioned in the very first screenshot of this thread, then the Prometheus must be the "Standard laser" mentioned in the very first screenshot of this thread.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:40:44 AM by Flaming Cobra »
"If I have to write a research paper, do Calculus homework, complete WebAssigns for Chemistry, and read a bunch of chapters in For the Record and How the Other Half Lives, when am I going to find time to study for that exam next Tuesday?"

Brockenstein

• Of Danub!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://darkcosmos.external-logistics.com/
Screenshot thread!
« Reply #1499 on: July 17, 2011, 04:29:34 AM »
And this picture is from where?