Author Topic: Read Me: 'Star Fox: Shadows of Lylat' Info + FAQ  (Read 254535 times)

SHAD0W F0X

• FOXHOUND Unit
    • View Profile
Read Me: 'Star Fox: Shadows of Lylat' Info + FAQ
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2011, 05:44:20 PM »
Quote from: Flaming Cobra;137391
Only time will tell.

EDIT: I think they are insinuating they are ready to get rid of Star Fox...........

OOOOOOPENNNN SOOOOOOOURRRRRCCCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

That was never insinuated at all, what article were you reading?

If it DOES WELL, then IT STAYS: Plain and simple.

I also think that they realized there mistake on handing out the game to 3rd parties. If this 3DS remake does well, they stated that they were very interested in making a Wii StarFox game. However, they might also make it a Wii U game since thats coming out too. So if it does well, expect in the future to see a Wii or a Wii U - StarFox title.
In the dark, there are many things...

I am one of them.

Click here to level up my card!

Flaming Cobra

• Hasn\'t beat Gradius III
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001049449423
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2011, 03:59:35 PM »
But what if it doesn't do well?
"If I have to write a research paper, do Calculus homework, complete WebAssigns for Chemistry, and read a bunch of chapters in For the Record and How the Other Half Lives, when am I going to find time to study for that exam next Tuesday?"

SHAD0W F0X

• FOXHOUND Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2011, 03:20:55 AM »
Well, don't sound TOO enthusiastic about it doing well or anything.... but...

If anything, the series would be put on hold until a demand from fans is high enough for a new game to be made. Then, you will have this fan made game to hold you off until that happens.

However, all of us old fans of SF64, and any new fans the remake will bring in will in fact shoot up the series' popularity and therefore I feel that there will be many more official SF games from Nintendo.
In the dark, there are many things...

I am one of them.

Click here to level up my card!

Flaming Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2011, 06:52:42 PM »
Will there be an expansion pack? Like an additional storyline that is kind of like the Dreamcast game Armada where you do missions to get credits and you can buy powerups and upgrades for your arwings and the great fox to do ever harder missions?

I know the community could do their own but I would like to see the SoL team do it because then it would be better.
"If I have to write a research paper, do Calculus homework, complete WebAssigns for Chemistry, and read a bunch of chapters in For the Record and How the Other Half Lives, when am I going to find time to study for that exam next Tuesday?"

bjsspeed@gmail.com

• The Boss
    • View Profile
Good work
« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2011, 04:43:15 AM »
What's your estimation of completion in percentage thus far thanks
[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2011, 12:43:47 AM »
Quote from: bjsspeed@gmail.com;137595
What's your estimation of completion in percentage thus far thanks

Thank you for your interest in Shadows of Lylat. In answer to your question, let me quote the first page of this thread:
Quote from: DaBrain;179

When is it coming out?
It will be done when it is done. We're doing this in our own and for zero money, so that's the best we can give you.

That being said, we're trying our best to get a demo done for people to try. When that comes out is another bunch of wonderful question dodging. (We're working on it.)

So based on that, and based on the fact that projects such as these are almost impossible to quantify as a percentage, I would estimate between 20% and 99% complete. I doubt you'd get such a precise estimate from anybody else, sorry.

That said, :welcome t
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

Flaming Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2011, 11:56:54 PM »
when will people stop asking dumb questions?

o wait. never.

WHERE'S THE ANSWER TO MY EXPANSION PACK QUESTION?

Psygonis

• Psygonis, online!
    • View Profile
    • http://psygonis.deviantart.com
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2011, 12:43:12 AM »
That's not a dumb question, it's a legitimate one.
This said, given the previous questions, true he could have found clues on the forum already... ;)

As to answer both questions, it's hard to say precisely right now. As Brox mentioned before, we're going through some changes that actually change things quite much!
In order not to confuse people, the SoL Team would like to keep a low-profile until after the release of Star Fox 64 3D. Then, you'll have some news! ;)
In the Depths of Lylat, an old Planet is dying...
Forgotten for centuries in the History of Lylat, Taklys vanishes place after place, until no Life lasts anymore on it\'s surface...
Bannished by the Cornuseans milleniums ago, Cursed by the Wrath of Andross nowadays, some of the remaining Shadamars alive now stand up by the cornerian side to revenge!

Artworks: http://psygonis.deviantart.com

Flaming Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2011, 12:57:18 AM »
I'll take that to the bank. If I don't hear anything after that, you'll owe me interest.

bjsspeed@gmail.com

• The Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2011, 05:02:54 PM »
Quote from: Scourge of Ages;137605
Thank you for your interest in Shadows of Lylat. In answer to your question, let me quote the first page of this thread:

So based on that, and based on the fact that projects such as these are almost impossible to quantify as a percentage, I would estimate between 20% and 99% complete. I doubt you'd get such a precise estimate from anybody else, sorry.

Ive been interested in this almost since the start so thank's for the reply

P.s I'm fluent in spanish if you need any dialog translated just tell me
[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bjsspeed@gmail.com

• The Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »
Quote from: Scourge of Ages;137605

Ive been interested in this almost since the start so thank's for the reply

P.s I'm fluent in spanish if you need any dialog translated just tell me
[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brockenstein

• Of Danub!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://darkcosmos.external-logistics.com/
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2011, 05:43:26 PM »
Just keep an eye out. If and when we need that help we will make sure everyone knows what we are looking for.

Flaming Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2011, 10:24:17 PM »
@ bjsspeed@gmail.com

You double-posted.

@SoL Team:
Will download links be on your site or on the Hard-Light Productions site? Or here?.

PS: Should I ask for the Halo CE Anniversary for Christmas or a 3ds and sf64 3d?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:33:59 PM by Flaming Cobra »

Psygonis

• Psygonis, online!
    • View Profile
    • http://psygonis.deviantart.com
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2011, 10:55:38 PM »
Download links are likely to be in our website, and on this forum in the first place. Afterward, well, they shall spawn wherever people plant them! ;)
In the Depths of Lylat, an old Planet is dying...
Forgotten for centuries in the History of Lylat, Taklys vanishes place after place, until no Life lasts anymore on it\'s surface...
Bannished by the Cornuseans milleniums ago, Cursed by the Wrath of Andross nowadays, some of the remaining Shadamars alive now stand up by the cornerian side to revenge!

Artworks: http://psygonis.deviantart.com

Flaming Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2011, 12:52:59 AM »
I've been looking on some other sites and a lot of people have been saying that the arwings look too "static" in game. I would have to agree with them, as the ship does not back when it turns, and the wings are straight out instead of swept back in the S64 arwing.

However I assume these moving and banking things are just limitations of the game engine, or have they been fixed since the last trailer?

Also, Psygonis, could you tell us a little about the difference between the Standard and the Photon lasers? Are they supposed to be the regular and hyper lasers or is this something totally different?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Holy shit DaBrain! I been reading the Old Screenshot thread. You been holding out on us! Where's the FTP you spoke of?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:24:42 AM by Flaming Cobra »