Author Topic: What's up, what's down and what's stationary  (Read 33040 times)

Blink

• View Profile
    • http://www.Get--A--Life.com
What's up, what's down and what's stationary
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 08:15:11 PM »
Wow, that's a pretty hardcore bummer. Sorry you guys never had a push to release, that really sucks. Totally understandable though, I wanted to do a trilogy with Tales of Corneria originally... definitely died out only after the first game was released, and that wasn't nearly as polished of an experience as what you were aiming for.

I'll definitely download the assets and give the demo a try sometime - I'd like to do a feature on SF fan games at some point still, so we'll see what happens. Good luck to you all with what does keep you busy in life, and thank you for bringing closure to the project rather than forgetting it was ever there.
Video games, I make \'em and play \'em.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 02:25:59 AM »
I've downloaded the assets but cause of Diaspora I haven't had the chance to play with them. I'm kinda surprised by the lack of comments though. Even unfinished I'd have expected to hear something about the game.

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 04:01:47 PM »
I'm working through 'em, but there's actually a huge amount of actually finished assets and stuff. But I've been busy and haven't really been able to get a complete picture of what's there and what isn't.
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

Syphe D. Mar

• Disappointed
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2012, 08:22:43 PM »
Quote from: karajorma;148555
Well I don't think it's fair to complain about the fans. I think feature creep is what killed SoL in the end. It's one reason why I'd urge whoever takes their place to get something out quickly.
I didn't mean it that way. At the time, I just got frustrated with the person who said that SoL owes it to the fans. I'm grateful we got an asset release, but I never felt that we were obliged to have one is all.
Your signatures are annoying. Remove the pictures because nobody really pays attention to them. Anyone with enough sense will block them. Thank you for your time.

Flaming Cobra

• Hasn\'t beat Gradius III
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001049449423
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 02:46:26 PM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 02:49:34 PM by Flaming Cobra »
"If I have to write a research paper, do Calculus homework, complete WebAssigns for Chemistry, and read a bunch of chapters in For the Record and How the Other Half Lives, when am I going to find time to study for that exam next Tuesday?"

Slycan

• View Profile
    • http://some-art.deviantart.com
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2012, 02:01:29 AM »
Oh well...

Wonder how Lylat Reloaded and the StarFoxRTS are doing..

Last time I checked the RTS poor Nephalim was getting harassed by Zelda fans lol , and Reloaded seemed to be silent but had a release atleast.

Sucks when good things go sour, like a nice bowl of yummy cereal but the milk has expired.

Dilrd

• Spy checker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dilrd.deviantart.com
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 08:45:31 PM »
Fucking Called it!
When you least expect it!

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2012, 03:53:21 PM »
Excellent work, Dilrd! Good job, have a cookie!

Anyway, the team released the SoL assets, and Mando is working on a mod using those plus his own. I'm helping and have something planned of my own. Come stop by on hard-light.net, and find it in the Modding board.
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!