Author Topic: Shivan mod...  (Read 7639 times)

Mav

• \'nother Shivan
    • View Profile
Shivan mod...
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 06:49:51 PM »
Somehow annoying that I can't edit my above post anymore :-/ ... but well, so I'll have to double-post, oh my :) .

IMPORTANT NOTE: Some people said the uploaded zip file would be corrupted. It shouldn't be, I even tried to download it myself and it was all fine.
So, PLEASE note that the above link IS NOT THE ACTUAL DOWNLOAD LINK, BUT THE LINK TO A PAGE WHERE YOU WILL BE GIVEN A DOWNLOAD LINK AFTER WAITING ABOUT A MINUTE (scroll down to see the countdown) !!!

(I hope I didn't overdo it with the capital letters, I just wanted to make sure nobody misses this :) . )

As for a more happy notion, I just uploaded version 1.1 of the mod (again, PLEASE DON'T DOWNLOAD THE HTML PAGE, BUT RATHER VISIT IT ! :) ) , mostly "fixing" leaks in the shield by applying the "surface shields"-flag, implementing beam ranges, and solving an annoying exploit that you could launch lots and lots of fighters (until the game reached its max number of ships and crashed, of course) while your launch bays/secondaries actually were reloading...

Oh, and only one of the missions is up-to date, as is described in the readme. Updating the others will come at a later stage, so for now if you want to fly another one then the standard mission, you'll have to see which mission works, and if, how.

I might also have confused the Ravana's beam-turrets by something I tried to add (i.e. the beam turrets quite likely won't fire), if that's a problem to you either continue using version 1.0 or wait for version 1.2 :) .
Location: Shivan Fleet, Interstellar Space... now you\'d like to know between WHICH stellar systems, wouldn\'t you? :ha: ;) :devel:

(only joking, of course - estimates are always welcome, though people should know they\'re just that :) )