Author Topic: a little something...  (Read 15741 times)

Mav

• \'nother Shivan
    • View Profile
a little something...
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2009, 02:24:34 AM »
...oh well, so I'll add those, too.

And sorry for the multi-posting to everyone, but I hit the picture-limit last post.

So... a somewhat closer look of the SD:
[ATTACH]4911[/ATTACH]
...and a little closer even - do you see thelittle dot in front of the bridge??
[ATTACH]4912[/ATTACH]
...yep, here's that "dot" :
[ATTACH]4913[/ATTACH]

And yes, I tried to make all of these to-scale. That's also the reason for the different-sized Executors, as there are several different values for the Executor's size being quoted on many places.

Oh, and while I'm at it - a test for a shield, and a somewhat larger (rebel) laser blob:
[ATTACH]4910[/ATTACH]

Thank you, and good night :) from the Shivan collective :mad2: .
[end of transmission]
Location: Shivan Fleet, Interstellar Space... now you\'d like to know between WHICH stellar systems, wouldn\'t you? :ha: ;) :devel:

(only joking, of course - estimates are always welcome, though people should know they\'re just that :) )

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
a little something...
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 03:10:53 PM »
I like your carrier SSD.... Also your black "moster" ship...

We need to gather up all those types someday for a pure collection of "oranic", or "living" ships! :)
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

gamingfan

• View Profile
a little something...
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 03:02:36 PM »
your collection is very nice. i wonder if any other forum has that type of things. screenshots are very good idea.

Mav

• \'nother Shivan
    • View Profile
a little something...
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2009, 10:05:30 PM »
...oops, what happened to the topic? Does it start to hide (=replace by link) images for other people, too?

Well, anyway - thanks for the feedback, Star Dragon and gamingfan. :)

@Star Dragon:
Erm... none of my SSDs is organic in a way that I would know of - so I don't really see the point in your argumentation.
Except if you'd have referred to the Inferno with "monster", of course. Though the Inferno is a bomber, and I assumed "monster" as referring to ships usually refers to their size... ??

@gamingfan:
Thanks. But certainly, lots of other sites do have screenshots here and there - for example Hard Light Productions, the main Freespace fansite, does have pictures in quite several forum threads.
It's just that it's easier to attach the images here on GW, which is why I made this thread here, as I haven't yet found an external picture host that I'd quite like...
Though by now, it's also possible to attach pictures at HLP, though there's a limited space for it that'll likely be cleaned up every now and then... :-/

So anyway, some new info:

Firstly, last time I forgot to mention that I by now consider the Auroras' model to be mostly finished and started with UV-mapping it. But don't hold your breath, as that's quite a task on itself.

Secondly, there's two pictures of the current stage of my now textured Jalkehi. Problem is, I'll have to change the UV-map on this one, too, before I can continue texturing it.
[ATTACH]4917[/ATTACH][ATTACH]4919[/ATTACH]
Don't mind the small distortion on the large wings' markings in the first pic, though, as this just is the square where insignias should be placed on, and somehow it's UV-map also turned out a bit backwards.

And here's a reference picture of the original Jalkehi from Wing Commander 2 , taken with the WC2shipviewer that you can download at the WC CIC:
[ATTACH]4923[/ATTACH]

Then I also want to make a cockpit for the Inferno (yep, that's right :D) .
First, the basic geometric shape of the cockpit, elevated out of the main model:
[ATTACH]4920[/ATTACH]

And second, the WIP-version of it's pilot (which I actually did last sunday afternoon). Yes, I know it's still missing the legs:
[ATTACH]4921[/ATTACH]

On a sidenote, I'm using the following picture for reference, which I had downloaded in the early times of FS2 (file date is actually 12th February 2000) .
The problem is that I have absolutely no clue from where exactly I got this, but still would like to use it as pilot picture online, and maybe also as avatar in some forums.
It DOES look pretty much like a Volition picture, but I still think I got it from some community-site, though I don't have a clue which one that might have been.

So, if you should happen to know where this pic originated from, please let me share that knowledge:
[ATTACH]4922[/ATTACH]

Oh, and I also posted some short information about the campaign that my FS-themed models were initially thought for here .

Else than this:
Good night :) , as it seems even some Shivans DO need sleep ;) .

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 10:22:20 PM by Mav »
Location: Shivan Fleet, Interstellar Space... now you\'d like to know between WHICH stellar systems, wouldn\'t you? :ha: ;) :devel:

(only joking, of course - estimates are always welcome, though people should know they\'re just that :) )