Author Topic: Casting For Roles (READ! check In And Have Samples Ready!)  (Read 893 times)

strike911

• Mobile Suit Pilot
    • View Profile
Casting For Roles (READ! check In And Have Samples Ready!)
« on: April 14, 2006, 08:13:28 PM »
IF YOU DO NOT CHECK IN I WILL ASSUME THAT YOU'RE NO LONGER LOOKING FOR A ROLE!
PLEASE CHECK IN PROMPTLY!

(To DZComposer and AS: Please disregard this thread)

Okay, try not to clutter this particular thread with too much commentary;
I want you to post a two or three characters you want to try out for, and I also want you to tell us who you think you'd be best as. We can't guarantee that you'll get exactly the character you want, but you will get one of the characters you listed. AGAIN, YOU WILL NOT GET ALL THESE CHARACTERS, but you will get one of them. So keep an open mind and don't be dissappointed if you don't get your first choice. We still are having more voice actors that are going to try out, so we're trying to cast everything we need, but we'll continue to get a few more actors everynow and then. This isn't a thread about rating your voice, this isn't playing favorites, its about casting for roles. The Dev Team will then privately vote on who we think works best and for what roles and then as we come to a conclusion we'll post it here, and in the entire cast list in this forum.

Make sure you have your sample ready, old samples that you posted in the original forum will work, I just want them all here and collected so we can access them easily.

Please don't post anything like "I could be a generic enemy" or "I could be a generic boss" because when casting for these types of extra minor characters, we'll try any use as many people as possible for that stuff to diversify our enemy voices. We may use a couple of people specifically for extra parts, but more likely than not we'll just use the cast that we have. Again, DO NOT post that you could be an "extra character."  Right now we're casting for main roles ONLY!

Please ONLY post a link to your samples, 2 or 3 characters you wouldn't mind voicing, and then who you think you would be best as. If you want you can give us a sample of some alternate voices you can do that might function as other minor characters, but please keep in mind, this is primarily casting for main characters. We would like to know what you can do though. =)

Please DO NOT give commentary on other actors samples, be it good or bad, in this thread. If you feel compelled to compliment an actor, PM them.

If you have any questions PM me. Now that all that's out of the way, let's have some fun.

THESE ARE OFFICALLY CONFIRMED MAIN CHARACTERS ONLY!

Notes: ROB64 may or may not be computer generated, it depends entirely if we get someone that wants to try out for him, and if their can be modified correctly with post-effects to sound similar to his voice in the game.

FOX - Strike911
PEPPY -
SLIPPY - DZComposer
FALCO - Strike911
ROB64 -
WOLF -
LEON - SuperCoolAl
PIGMA -
ANDREW -
GENERAL PEPPER -
BILL -
KATT -
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 08:56:04 PM by strike911 »

SuperCoolAl

• Inferno Tester
    • View Profile
Casting For Roles (check In And Have Samples Ready!)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 02:32:31 PM »
Well until I get access to a mic again I'll just relink you to some of my original samples:

Andrew 1

Andrew 2

Falco 1

Falco 2

Leon 1

Leon 2

I'll want to post some up for Bill aswell.

EDIT- If it wants to save as '.oga' just rename...

SuperCoolAl

• Inferno Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 07:34:09 PM »
I've redone the whole Falco persona, I think this one's much better ;)

Tell me what you think!

Also if you could use any more sound effects capturing I could probably do it.

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »
hunter still waiting to be called on... O.o

AqueousShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 11:33:03 PM »
Hunter should start posting some samples, along with characters he thinks he would fit best.

strike911

• Mobile Suit Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 12:11:31 AM »
Hunter (and everyone else), feel free to post your samples. I meant to address this to everybody, sorry if I confused ya. :)

DaBrain

• Dude with micro shadows
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/starfox
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 06:29:23 AM »
I heared some samples of hunter already. I think he'd be perfect for a random Cornerian pilot. But go ahead and try something else, if you want to. :)
Watch your shadow
-------------------
"the more i look at the shots the more i\'m becomming a..starfox fan :nod:"
-Dodger-

"Laziness is the first step to efficiency."
-DaBrain-

Official Q-Games fan

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 04:48:26 PM »
ok, i got sound forge now, so ill play around with that too. I need voice actors too for the campaign im making O.o so thats why i got sound forge.

Kurayami

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 01:51:14 PM »
Here is the Star Wolf test.

AqueousShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 04:23:20 PM »
I think this thread needs an update strike.

I think I'll go for Pigma as a main character. You've already heard that one sample I made, so I might make some more if you'd like. I'll try to get more reference from SF64.

strike911

• Mobile Suit Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 09:06:57 PM »
sure go for it.

http://starfox64.baldninja.com/sf64snds.htm

this site has like a lot of SF64 samples. The only problem is that they're kinda low quality, but still, if you need more references check them out.

I've not recieved any feedback from people that tried out. I tried PM-ing them but they never replied, which is why there is a lack of updates on this section.

Also, we're in dire need of a (good) Peppy, so if you know anyone interested pass that along. Grug said he wanted to give it a shot but I haven't heard from him in a good month or two.

Kurayami

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 04:28:26 PM »
Just to make sure no one has forgotten me after my long absence...

http://legacyofshadows.net/Shadows/WolfAlpha.wav

http://legacyofshadows.net/Shadows/WolfAlpha2.wav

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 06:52:13 PM »
Ok, so apparently I sound like Peppy? NP, but can anyone link to sample sounds of him? I barely got 3 words off You Tube posts cause they are AMV's.

From what I could decipher he sounds a little British, like that dude from Foster's Imaginary friends (ironicly a Bunny also).
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty: