Author Topic: Time to choose .....  (Read 112 times)

strike911

• Mobile Suit Pilot
    • View Profile
Time to choose .....
« on: January 18, 2007, 04:34:39 AM »
Okay, its getting very close to the time where we need to pick people for roles. We have quite a few auditions, over the next week I'm going to clear out the really bad ones and keep the ones we generally liked. I'll go through again and pick the best of them.

I would personally prefer to keep the number of actors we pick low... I think it will be much easier to manage because, lets face it, more likely than not, if we don't keep people interested in the mod, they'll bail and we will have to cast another actor ... which is bad..

So I propose that we a small handful of actors that can play multiple roles without using too many people to do tiny roles... instead we'd have a talented actor use an alternate voice for that small role... it keeps book-keeping down, i think the process will just run a lot smoother in general...

Next, how's the script coming along? We never really got to talk about it in the Meeting last sunday, and do we have parts ready for everyone?

Also, what's the timeframe? When do they need these voice files turned in? Who's doing sound editing on them, are we filtering the files? I always assumed we'd put filters on the enemies and stuff, but i mean, anything works here, its just a matter of figuring out what's going to happen.

Also, please feel free to discuss here who you especially liked and what role you'd like to see them on.

AqueousShadow

• View Profile
Time to choose .....
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 06:51:41 PM »
So, I guess this was basically forgotten, but since things are moving along rather quickly, we need to think about this more now.

Based on my previous reactions, I came up with a list of voice actors that I thought were suited for the job. I'm not exactly sure how many is too much or too little, but:

D-MAC
McBrad
Fscarl
Maximum Ice
StarDragon (already accepted)

Those are the ones that were impressive for various reasons, including skill, technique, polish, and dedication. These are the ones that have the potential to come up with various different characters by themselves, which cuts down on the number of people we have to deal with and increases output. They are also the most mature of the auditions we received, which is a great thing, IMO.

Those are five, and then we also have Strike911, DZ, and myself.

As for scripts, there isn't much that can be done until the mission is laid out in FRED and we can see how the characters are interacting with each other. It might be a good idea to find at least another FREDder so Axem isn't burdened with this so much.

DaBrain

• Dude with micro shadows
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/starfox
Time to choose .....
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 07:57:48 PM »
That's pretty much my preference too.

I hope they're all still ready to work for us. ;)
Watch your shadow
-------------------
"the more i look at the shots the more i\'m becomming a..starfox fan :nod:"
-Dodger-

"Laziness is the first step to efficiency."
-DaBrain-

Official Q-Games fan

AqueousShadow

• View Profile
Time to choose .....
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 02:16:29 AM »
Whoever we decide to be the voice actors, contacting them ASAP would be a good thing.

strike911

• Mobile Suit Pilot
    • View Profile
Time to choose .....
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 03:26:16 AM »
yes. most of the good voice actors have contacted me, in fact, I would like to start bringing some of them over to the voice acting forum soon... I haven't contacted anyone yet because I was unsure on the status of the script...? It's all gravy though, I'll contact some of the people that we liked and I'll talk to them. Everything should be cool.

We really need to get the voice acting stuff underway. ^_^

AqueousShadow

• View Profile
Time to choose .....
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 05:41:30 PM »
Have you been able to contact them? Are they still interested?

IIRC, the script for Mission 0 was basically set. If there are a few changes, such as additions of new features, and we are forced to change some lines, that shouldn't be much of a problem. Since things are still churning for other parts of the demo, why not get the Voice Acting started as well?

If we can get every aspect of the demo moving relative to one another, we'll have a more rounded product as time progresses, rather than chunks, bits, and pieces.

Then again, did Axem say he was not happy with the training mission and would redo it? Hmm...

DaBrain

• Dude with micro shadows
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/starfox
Time to choose .....
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 07:59:04 PM »
I comepletely agree with AS.

Maybe it's nice to send each voice actor a list with all lines he has to say, but I'd rather like to get things done now.

The general chatter thing is a perfect test run for the voice acting. ;)
Watch your shadow
-------------------
"the more i look at the shots the more i\'m becomming a..starfox fan :nod:"
-Dodger-

"Laziness is the first step to efficiency."
-DaBrain-

Official Q-Games fan