Author Topic: i could use some help with converting a .cob moddel into a .pof  (Read 8856 times)

Mav

• \'nother Shivan
    • View Profile
i could use some help with converting a .cob moddel into a .pof
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2007, 06:26:32 PM »
Glad if I could help :) . I just hope it really solves your problems and that there isn't something else going on...

And yes, I know of  DoW: DC  - I'm thinking if I should buy it myself, eventually. At least seems it isn't as colour-less as the other two parts, and it even works without them :) .
Though, right now I have enough other things to do...
Location: Shivan Fleet, Interstellar Space... now you\'d like to know between WHICH stellar systems, wouldn\'t you? :ha: ;) :devel:

(only joking, of course - estimates are always welcome, though people should know they\'re just that :) )

VA [TI]

• Wuvs headz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sectorgame.com/twistedinfinities/index2.php
i could use some help with converting a .cob moddel into a .pof
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2007, 06:41:29 AM »
@ VA, not a problem, I do the collision, shoot testing, etc and 70-80% of my images are of tested stable ships.

You haven't tested them in PCS yet, have you. :p

Open the model up in PCS, leaving the render window open. Go to the SubObjects tab and hit the "SortNorm Bounding Debug" button. Now look in the render window at the result.

If the mesh is solid and stable, it should appear like the Aeolus in the second pic. If not, it might appear as the ship in the first pic or worse.

Keep in mind that this is not a perfect indicator - it's just one of the easiest to test.