Author Topic: What to put in the "Network" part of the launcher  (Read 4123 times)

IcyScythe

• View Profile
What to put in the "Network" part of the launcher
« on: December 19, 2006, 07:36:48 AM »
I've been unable to connect and I'm guessing it's because I haven't filled out the "Misc." part of the Network section of the launcher. What do I put for "Force Local Port" and "Force IP address"? Where do I get this information?

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 09:22:27 AM »
You don't. You're not meant to put anything there except in certain exceptional cases.

I suspect that your connection problems are for a different reason. Are you running with the mediavps active? If so the problem is likely that there is an old pxo config file in the mediavps that is pointing you to the wrong IP address.

Simply go to the FAQ thread, and grab the latest pxo config file. Make sure you put it in Freespace2\Data and Freespace2\Mediavps\data and that should solve the problem.

IcyScythe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 03:54:01 AM »
Thanks for the help. It's working now. But now it says I have "hacked table files" and that my stats won't be stored. What's causing that?

I downloaded FS2 from here and installed everything:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,43905.msg896812.html#new/

Also, does anyone still play FS2 online? There aren't any games up AT ALL.

Also, why do the AI pilots explode if I try to do a multiplayer DM match by myself?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 04:06:12 AM by IcyScythe »

Wanderer

• Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 07:28:41 AM »
People do play fs2 online still. Also some mods are played online as well. People just do not hang around in FS lobby. Though i dont know what are the best places to ask people to participate. Also with recent builds you wont be able to see games played on other builds than what you are using.

Dogfight missions are meant purely for player vs player combats and AIs arent needed there. However in team vs team or co-operative missions AIs do function normally.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 08:59:45 AM »
The hacked tables error is basically the result of you using the media VPs. The problem will be fixed in 3.6.9 Official but until then you can play without them (Ugly) or with no saved stats.

IcyScythe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 01:35:34 AM »
Ok I see a game up but when I try to join it says I've been "rejected because it is not an appropriate state to accept" or something weird like that.

FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.165thbdhr.com
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 02:20:50 AM »
Games can only be joined when they are in the forming state.  You need to wait for the current game to finish before you try to join.  You will see the color change from red to green when it's time to try.
FUBAR

Master Drunk of the 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers

IcyScythe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 02:33:58 AM »
Oh ok thanks that explains it.