Author Topic: Valkyrie pics (warning spoilers for HERO)  (Read 17873 times)

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
Valkyrie pics (warning spoilers for HERO)
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 04:40:55 AM »
Quote from: Dukeman42;48464
...Valkyrie uglier than TOS Galactica?  no way...that thing was king of Cheese.  thought I readily admit that the V is no Beast or Bucket.

She is def uglier then ye old Colombia class, given the right attention i bet i could "TNS" the TOS galactica so that it would A) comfortably fit into TNS and B) make the Valk look pants(note A is considerably harder to do then B since Valk already is pants)
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dukeman42

• The voice in your head
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 04:50:01 AM »
Quote from: StarSlayer;48484
She is def uglier then ye old Colombia class, given the right attention i bet i could "TNS" the TOS galactica so that it would A) comfortably fit into TNS and B) make the Valk look pants(note A is considerably harder to do then B since Valk already is pants)

I have a gap in my knowledge...what is the 'Columbia class'?  is that the current Galactica?

northtwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 09:11:38 AM »
Quote from: Dukeman42;48485
I have a gap in my knowledge...what is the 'Columbia class'?  is that the current Galactica?

Old TOS Galactica iirc.

Valkyrie 'is one ugly baby', to paraphrase Laird... that squashed head look terrible.
I could do 10 years of this easily. I think this is some of the finest usages of television I\'ve ever been a part of in my life bar none. I\'ve been doing this for 42 years. I\'ve done some really good work on television and in motion pictures, but there\'s nothing like this show. I can honestly tell you that. By far, one of the finest dramatic pieces of work on humanity I\'ve ever seen in my life."
          --Edward James Olmos

I think {BSG is} so passionate, textured, complex, subversive and challenging that it dwarfs everything on TV.
           -- Joss Whedon

Roy Fokker

• Veritech Viper Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 11:34:46 AM »
It is definitely much smaller than a "regular" Battlestar. It looks as modern as the Mercury, only smaller - obviously intended for different missions. Also, in the show, Adama's transfer to the Galactica is considered a demotion, even though it is a larger class, so the Valkyrie is definitely state of the art, if smaller.

I didn't hate it, they don't really have to be beautiful, especially since it's not like it's gonna be around forever.

ngtm1r

• \"Guns\", Galactica
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2006, 04:52:23 PM »
The TOS Galactica was the orphan bastard child of a thousand battleship model kits that were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You can't make something look like pants compared to it, it is the very definition of pants.
Yea verily, though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am piloting I house-sized mass of "**** you." (With apologies to Peptuck)

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2006, 09:17:13 PM »
She looks pretty good in this shot that was posted on SFM a while back, with a some regreebling work and some minor modifications the design could be made TNS and certainly better then the Suckstar Valkyrie.

"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ngtm1r

• \"Guns\", Galactica
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2006, 09:25:54 PM »
Well when you 3Dify it so you can play with the textures of course it looks decent. The original one was off-white and no specular.

The actual TOS Galactica model is still out there somewhere, IIRC.
Yea verily, though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am piloting I house-sized mass of "**** you." (With apologies to Peptuck)

Coop1701

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 01:20:01 AM »
I don't believe we can judge her size, saying she's a smaller battlestar.  A Battlestar is a Battlestar in my opinion.  Each has something different to offer.

However, she does look like the broken up Battlestar we see in orbit around Caprica during the Mini-Series.

Scotchy

• Polygon Factory
    • View Profile
    • http://snsdev.blogspot.com/
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 01:29:01 AM »
Thaw was the galactica model cut in half. On the DVD it is clearly visible... gloriously visible.

Roy Fokker

• Veritech Viper Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 04:12:59 AM »
Quote from: Scotchy;48583
Thaw was the galactica model cut in half. On the DVD it is clearly visible... gloriously visible.

Heh... nah, HD is where it's at.

IceManHG

• LT SG
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 04:33:13 AM »
How the hell could a Battlestar be cut in half like that. Its too clean. Almost as if it was cut in half with a knife.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 04:39:10 AM »
SUPER TURBO LASER! um... no? ok well then... that is sort of weird, but remember it was a background shot deal... if you wanna get technical, maybe that area took a lot of damage, and the structures just broke and buckled, causing it to break... i act like i know what im talking about :-)
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"

Blue Lion

• Higonaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 05:02:32 AM »
Looks like it was snapped like a Kit Kat bar
Suddenly, and without warning, it became a real life game of Hungry Hungry Hippos

ngtm1r

• \"Guns\", Galactica
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 05:05:18 AM »
Keel snaps, the rest of the ship isn't designed to support the stress...get one good hull flexing and it'll break along the keel break

FusionStorm

• This is my BOOMSTICK!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 05:17:10 AM »
Looks like when the nuke went off inside, it blew up the reactor and that created a shock wave that sliced it in twain.
Four Score and so many months ago, us cylons kicked your colonial butts.

Want to learn Truespace 3.2?: My Tutorial