Author Topic: Valkyrie pics (warning spoilers for HERO)  (Read 17862 times)

skimmons

• View Profile
Valkyrie pics (warning spoilers for HERO)
« on: November 18, 2006, 09:39:09 PM »

[

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! perhaps we might see one, in BTRL someday

skimmons

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 09:40:45 PM »
More pics!!!!!!!!!!!

duckbow

• Cool Beans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 10:29:52 PM »
Woooot! I love it. The CIC is sooo clean. No random swivel glass doors like on Pegasus (though the glass kept on breaking for dramatic effect). I assume the Valkyrie is from a class of battlestars between Galactica, 40 years ago, and the Pegasus, a semi-recent family of ships.

The Valkyrie looks quite slick. Especially the flight pods - classier, smoother, and more refined than Galactica AND Pegasus, in my opinion. Thanks so much for the pictures!
Ingredients: Sugar; Wheat flour; Cocoa butter; Nonfat Milk Chocolate; Refined palm kernel oil; Lactose (Milk); Milk Fat; Soy Lecithin, PGPR (Emulsifier); Yeast; Artifical flavor; Salt; and Sodium Bicarbonate.

Dukeman42

• The voice in your head
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 11:14:56 PM »
Very obvious throwbacks to TOS Galactica, namely in the head and landing pods; which, considering Galactica has been heavily retrofitted...makes sense even if it was built after Galactica.  I for one appreciate the references to the classic battlestars.

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 12:37:04 AM »
I really miss Zoic the inhouse cgi keeps slipping up IMHO they magically added guns to the top of the Pegasus pods, the exo II space battle wasn't up to Rez II or Cap Hand standards, they "refined" the baseship so that it looks like its half the size and half as menacing.   Now this...

This is the ugliest ship i think ive ever seen, not only is the hull homely but the greebling looks like theyve never seen the galactica or pegasus.  Even the TOS battlestars looked better then that, and saying that this thing is a throwback is an insult to them ;).  Thing looks like a bloated humbacked prehistoric salamander with an itty bitty pointy head and kazzoo engines borrowed off the Merc.  The weapons look like they ripped off the Death Star turbolazers from episode IV.  Since 75 and 62 have the same types of weapons you would think theyed be careful enough to stick with "canon" looking cannons.  Plus the hull plating looks lazy as hell, i mean i know its proly a one show ship but cmon give it a little effort its almost as bad ass those half assed DS9 kitbashes like the Yeager.  I was really really looking forward to the Valk and i really wanted to like her but man i think using another Mercury class woulda been better then that monstorcity
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 01:10:04 AM by StarSlayer »
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fish

• Rook
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelivingend.com.au/
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 12:55:16 AM »
canon = true to a design concept
cannon = projectile weapon

It's obvious the Valkyrie was intended to look different. Given how different the Galactica is to the Pegasus, that such a third variation existed isn't a surprise to me.

Dodger

• TCB-CSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 01:26:40 AM »
Quote from: StarSlayer;48456

This is the ugliest ship i think ive ever seen, not only is the hull homely but the greebling looks like theyve never seen the galactica or pegasus.  Even the TOS battlestars looked better then that, and saying that this thing is a throwback is an insult to them ;).  Thing looks like a bloated humbacked prehistoric salamander with an itty bitty pointy head and kazzoo engines borrowed off the Merc.  The weapons look like they ripped off the Death Star turbolazers from episode IV.  Since 75 and 62 have the same types of weapons you would think theyed be careful enough to stick with "canon" looking cannons.  Plus the hull plating looks lazy as hell, i mean i know its proly a one show ship but cmon give it a little effort its almost as bad ass those half assed DS9 kitbashes like the Yeager.  I was really really looking forward to the Valk and i really wanted to like her but man i think using another Mercury class woulda been better then that monstorcity

thats so true :(!
..but at least they didn't mess with that..

i like the mixture of MK7 and modern combat fighters l (X29-A,f22,..)!

The Cylon Base

*signature by BoneZ

sykochild

• Sg Lt. \"Minchkin\" Topgun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 01:30:05 AM »
Ya the Valkyrie is suppose to be probably like a smaller variant of a battestar. From the looks of it it is very small compared to Pegasus. The Pegasus is better in my opinion.....

Dukeman42

• The voice in your head
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 01:32:23 AM »
...Valkyrie uglier than TOS Galactica?  no way...that thing was king of Cheese.  thought I readily admit that the V is no Beast or Bucket.

sykochild

• Sg Lt. \"Minchkin\" Topgun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 01:38:22 AM »
The V doesn't look like it is really a fighting battlestar rather it looks like it is for scouting battlestar or recon battlestar. Who knows?

Dodger

• TCB-CSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 01:46:14 AM »
now i know where they took their inspiration for the V!!

front= Y-Wing,torso = a container, engines = Peg

« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 10:56:05 PM by Dodger »

The Cylon Base

*signature by BoneZ

FusionStorm

• This is my BOOMSTICK!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 01:53:04 AM »
Wow, that is butt ugly...... They need Stayslayer baddddd.
Four Score and so many months ago, us cylons kicked your colonial butts.

Want to learn Truespace 3.2?: My Tutorial

Freelancer

• One Vision One Purpose...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nexus-studios.net
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 01:56:57 AM »
its like a smaller battlestar..... a strikestar or frigatestar? =P
Bringing you products that work... in my head!  :ha:
Multi-Genre Art & Design Studios: http://nexus-studios.net
Battlestar Galactica - Beyond The Red Line: http://www.game-warden.com/bsg

Fish

• Rook
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelivingend.com.au/
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 02:07:53 AM »
Quote from: Dodger;48462
thats so true :(!
..but at least they didn't mess with that..

i like the mixture of MK7 and modern combat fighters l (X29-A,f22,..)!

That shot at the top-right looks like the behind of an SF Mara!

The ship itself seemed to have been designed like a more self-sufficient fighter, for a potentially longer mission.

Re: the Valkyrie, compare the size of the flight pod to the size of the body and head of the ship. Now do the same for the Pegasus, and Galactica. Does that help with judging the size, assuming the flight pod runway is roughly constant size?

The Trivial Psychic

• New Build Snoop Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 04:31:34 AM »
Fish, I checked out the link you put up in the 3x08 thread, and am quite impressed with the shots.  In one shot, you can see a long barrel of some kind under the head area.  Check S3_307_279.JPG on page 7 to see it.  There are a couple more at the top of page 8, but the rest of the Valkyrie shots are on pages 14 and 15, including a closeup of the missile port which fired on Bulldog.  Modders may wish to save these for reference until the DVDs come out.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!