Author Topic: Attn: Modelers; Another Restriction About to be Squashed  (Read 1660 times)

The Trivial Psychic

• New Build Snoop Junkie
    • View Profile
Attn: Modelers; Another Restriction About to be Squashed
« on: November 13, 2006, 03:58:02 AM »
Obviously, WMC and Kara would already know about this, but to any aspiring modelers for BSG and BTRL, or other projects, you may be interested to hear that things like side-mounted multi-part turrets, may no longer be the stuff of fantasy.  A test build and model, released by Bobbeau over on HLP at THIS thread, is available.  Worth investigating.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 08:01:03 AM »
I've been pointing this out to anyone who'll listen on IRC :)

skippy9146

• Need a Oil Change
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 02:14:01 PM »
This is a little bit off topic but it's hearing/seeing about details like this that should make the collective "we" take some notice... Some of you may think that I'm "sucking up" but this is just my observation.

I stick my head in the HLP forums (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/) every now & again (usually in a vain attempt to see more BTRL screens in progress, I won't hide it, I'm a whore!;) ) and it's really quite amazing how these guys have fundamentally altered/fixed/added so many large & small items/features in FS2. So much so, that the "guts" seem to bear very little resemblance to the original product - as far as my limited understanding of it can see!

I CAN say one thing - I believe The Demo is going make "hermits" out many of us & the BTRL proper (whenever that appears) is sure to make some heads explode! As I really don't think that the gameplay videos do the product real justice. Especially, if you consider that they are fairly "old news".

So, my fellow forum members & lurkers... When you get impatient & whinny waiting for The Demo (as I sometimes do), have a look there sometime for some small idea for what work goes on "behind the scenes" in our behalf. Because these guys aren't getting a nickel for their considerable efforts.

Thanks in advance Devs! I have a feeling that you don't hear it enough.:yes:

Wiredzero

• Addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 03:33:02 PM »
Agreed, if the gameplay is half as good as the movies...well...there's going to be a LOT of happy people.

skippy9146

• Need a Oil Change
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 03:52:01 PM »
Quote from: Wiredzero;48226
Agreed, if the gameplay is half as good as the movies...well...there's going to be a LOT of happy people.

No doubt!;)

busithoth

• Gods Beneath Us
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 07:33:45 PM »
Quote from: Wiredzero;48226

so say we all!

skippy9146

• Need a Oil Change
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 07:54:26 PM »
It will be at least as good as the videos, as the asteroid field/"scar" test was an actual gameplay vid - It likely looked a lot better than that, as it's my understanding that their capture software made for choppy framerates in the video file...

Draco429

• \"Eclipse\" Draco
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 11:36:40 PM »
That, and a little bit of lag if I remember correctly. :)
せいれんとかえります。できます。いたします。
Return with Honor. I can. I will.
-Eclipse