Progress! But not a whole lot. As some of you may be aware, I work full time from Thursday night to Monday night. As more of you are doubtless aware, this past week was Thanksgiving holiday in the states. I have three families that wanted me at their tables at various points in the week. And I work retail... for Wal-Mart. Last night was insane. I got hit in the back of the head with a Compaq computer, very much intentionally, because I failed to "Get the hell out of my way!"
If any of you in the US have ever attended the beginning of a Black Friday sale at a Wal-Mart, you might know how that all goes down, but for those of you who haven't... I invite you to imagine a swarm of angry, tired, consumer-bees. A mob of angry shoppers. In short, my head hurts.
So forgive the unimpressive progress. I hope to be on target for the 15th (or a few days before), and I am currently praying to Merciful Allah and His Noodly Countenance that I can find all the time I need to get it ready.
Some aspwcts of the mesh that were present in the titular post of this thread have vanished. Fear not, ye! For I have merely removed them for the LOD split. which happens after I finish posting this. Once that is done, I can get to work making more nociveable changes on the LOD 0 mesh.Current Triangle-Counts
With plating and 'Detail Box' Xref objects: 5770
Without plating and 'Detail Box' Xref objects: 2754
Total Triangle Budget for LOD 0: 65536
The end budget is flexible and somewhat tenative. It is currently a reasonable large power of two number. But if the mesh calls for more polies or a multiple detail box level thing could be implemented, I could go higher. I could see this mesh goign to 100k or more, but If I need to I'll keep it under my limit.