Author Topic: Episode 308 Speculation and Discussion (Warning-Spoilers!)  (Read 7672 times)

Wanderer

• Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
Episode 308 Speculation and Discussion (Warning-Spoilers!)
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2006, 06:00:58 PM »
Imo Valkyrie looked way smaller than galactica or peggy.

Scorpio

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2006, 06:05:08 PM »
Quote from: skippy9146;48382

- Baltar 3 some... Way to go Gaius. If you can't beat 'em frak 'em! He's almost like humanities' secret weapon by injecting the worst of human insecurities/neurousies into the Cylon conciousness.

I dunno, but he's one lucky bastard.

I'm glad they kept Bulldog around though, allows for a possible battle scene later such as: Bulldog flying again, gets shot down ejects, bigass battle against I dunno, 2 or 3 basestars. Wise thing to do would to get the hell outta there, but Adama doesn't want to leave him behind again, so they "frakup" the 2-3 base stars to save Bulldogs ass.

I'm also glad Tai (sp?) is back though.

And one other thing... 2 weeks till the next episode? Lame.
"Not by speeches and votes of the majority, are the great questions of the time decided that was the error of 1848 and 1849 but by iron and blood." Otto Von Bismarck

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2006, 06:17:03 PM »
Quote from: skippy9146;48390
Looks like the Centurions would have a hard-wired "fail-safe" in their mechanical design that would keep them from fragging a skin-job in the first place.

Given that the Centurion did blow her away I think we can conclude that they don't :D

Besides they might not have done that for some reason to do with the 5 other models.

Respenus

• The one who is many!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2006, 06:18:02 PM »
Quote from: Scorpio;48395
And one other thing... 2 weeks till the next episode? Lame.

:( :( :(

WHY???!!! Why 2 weeks? Where do you guys get your info?

Well we can only hope that there won't be a 9 month delay till Season 3.5, like the brake that way between Season 2 and 3 (I remember lurking around back then, seeing your post on the subject. I broke my heart too).

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2006, 06:30:33 PM »
the trailer for the next episode said 2 weeks, so we have a bit of a wait. and yeah the valkyrie looked smaller then both to me, but we had nothing to compare its size to so who knows.

and skippy.. i think its safe to say they have a grudge against adama, he's kept the fleet alive... saved them from new caprica, he's really been a thorn in the cylon's side, a large speedbump in their plan to wipe out humanity

and scorpio... yeah its nice tigh is back.... but even if something happened to bulldog... we still dont know if galactica is capable of frakking up 2 or 3 baseships after the NC incident.
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"

skippy9146

• Need a Oil Change
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2006, 06:49:45 PM »
Quote from: Josh_88;48400
i think its safe to say they have a grudge against adama, he's kept the fleet alive... saved them from new caprica, he's really been a thorn in the cylon's side, a large speedbump in their plan to wipe out humanity

Yeah, he has caused a bunch of trouble for sure...:naughty:

Draco429

• \"Eclipse\" Draco
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2006, 07:07:46 PM »
It's two weeks because they've got a sci-fi movie marathon going next week for Thanksgiving.
せいれんとかえります。できます。いたします。
Return with Honor. I can. I will.
-Eclipse

OutofStep351

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2006, 07:08:19 PM »
my ideas:
The Valk seems to be a bit more Mercury-esque, but still retains some elements of the Galactica series of ships. It also seems smaller and looks sleaker and faster than the Peggy or Galactica. Perhaps it's like a battlecruiser, designed for strike missions. It agree that it looks less complex, so maybe it was mass produced and there were ALOT of them.
"They put angels in the electric chair,
No one knew or no one cared,
Burning stars lit up their hair and crawled to heaven on golden stairs
God bless our dead marines."
-Thee Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tralala Band

Ajax

• Disgruntled Bartender
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2006, 07:20:58 PM »
the ship does seem to be more ship assault drivin, its extremely large, probably had many more guns. flight pods didnt seem to be as long. anyone else noticing TOS parts of the design, the head was very TOS and so are the entrances of the flight pods.

ngtm1r

• \"Guns\", Galactica
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2006, 07:42:23 PM »
I'm embaressed that nobody else seems to have noticed they used a new Raider mockup. Only one pair of guns on this one, boxier.
Yea verily, though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am piloting I house-sized mass of "**** you." (With apologies to Peptuck)

skippy9146

• Need a Oil Change
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2006, 07:50:29 PM »
Quote from: Draco429;48402
It's two weeks because they've got a sci-fi movie marathon going next week for Thanksgiving.

Instead of their crappy movies, they should have had a BSG marathon for at least 1 day...

Of course, they may have been told to have more "PC" content for the "holidays".

Werthead

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2006, 08:07:47 PM »
There's something messed up in Three's dream sequence. She seems to be in the same opera house that Baltar and Six were in during the Season 1 finale. There are verticle pillars of light rising up. However, in several shots it looks like there are white glowing humanoid figures between the pillars. They vanish in a couple of shots. Then it looks like Three reaches out to touch one of them with an expression of delight, then it starts to change of one of horror and she wakes up.

Is this the bit where RDM brings in the Ships and Beings of Light from the original series? Were those the Lords of Kobol?

Freaky.
Visit The Wertzone for all your SF&F Needs

ngtm1r

• \"Guns\", Galactica
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2006, 08:15:42 PM »
"God may be not your God, your God may vary?"

To quote Axem.

EDIT: You know, this epsiode also gives the great "What If?" of BSG a basis in fact: What if the second Cylon War kicked off without the Cylons having the CNP compromised? It could have happened, it seems.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 08:50:50 PM by ngtm1r »
Yea verily, though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am piloting I house-sized mass of "**** you." (With apologies to Peptuck)

timbo1138

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2006, 09:54:08 PM »
It's an interesting possibility. The colonials would have been less vulnerable, certainly, but I think the Cylons would still have been able to break into their systems pretty quickly. That's the kind of thing they're good at. Rather than just flipping a switch and turning off the entire fleet, I guess we would have seen them use viruses to infiltrate the computers, like we saw them do to Galactica in season 2.
"There must be some way outta here,
Said the joker to the thief.
There\'s too much confusion,
I can\'t get no relief..."

All of this has happened before...

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2006, 09:56:45 PM »
without the cnp program to backdoor their way in, there would have been a LOT more cylon losses, obviously they took hardly any in the initial attacks, and if they hadnt been able to shut down the ships like they did, the battle clearly would have been a lot worse.. and not just a massacre
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"