Author Topic: Episode 308 Speculation and Discussion (Warning-Spoilers!)  (Read 7673 times)

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
Episode 308 Speculation and Discussion (Warning-Spoilers!)
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 02:38:15 AM »
well...episode not over yet, but they just proved that the valkyrie at least has ship to ship missiles. answering one of the debates from an other thread. :-)
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"

OutofStep351

• View Profile
Battlestar Valkyrie
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2006, 02:53:35 AM »
So, i've just finished watching tonights episode. Apparently, there is a third class of Battlestar. Judging from the dialogue, it's more modern than the Galactica. Also, at least some colonial vessels were equipped with ship to ship missiles.

anyway, i just wanna hear everyone's random thoughts on this, and also ask the development team if they'll eventually include the Valkyrie. seems like the episode gave you guys alot of new brain fodder.

I'm also thinking that some of the dialogue involving "Tauron rebels" could provide some interesting FRED scenarios for the BTRL full release, pre invasion.
"They put angels in the electric chair,
No one knew or no one cared,
Burning stars lit up their hair and crawled to heaven on golden stairs
God bless our dead marines."
-Thee Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tralala Band

Dukeman42

• The voice in your head
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2006, 03:06:52 AM »
As we will be taking a look back at the fleet pre-holocaust at some point in the game (I'm not going to say when), I'd say it is better than even chances that you'll be seeing the Valkyrie-class again.

Oh yeah...an amazing episode.

EchoZero

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2006, 03:08:41 AM »
Michael Hogan.... Simply awesome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

skippy9146

• Need a Oil Change
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2006, 03:25:40 AM »
Quote from: EchoZero;48311
Michael Hogan.... Simply awesome.

It was good to see Tigh start to shake some of the New Caprica of of himself...:yes:

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2006, 03:43:18 AM »
yeah, as i said, the valkyrie had ship to ship missiles, and of course it was more modern then galactica because pegasus was more modern then galactica. it was nice to see tigh returning a bit to his old self, he was so quick to condemn what bill did, at least he came to his senses a bit and remembered what he had done to ellen. and that war is hell. that was a good episode.

i also liked the stealthstar as the called it, it looked neat. hopefully we keep seeing more pre holocaust ships like that.

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2006, 04:52:16 AM »
As plans go that was a pretty lame one by the Toasters, i mean sticking a transmitter or a bomb up is butt woulda been more i dunno sinister then hoping he would choke the old man
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dukeman42

• The voice in your head
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2006, 04:56:04 AM »
Quote from: StarSlayer;48327
As plans go that was a pretty lame one by the Toasters, i mean sticking a transmitter or a bomb up is butt woulda been more i dunno sinister then hoping he would choke the old man

I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to it....

...then again, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't;)

Sharrpe95

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2006, 05:13:19 AM »
Well I think they just wanted to have Bulldog kill Adama, if they wanted him to destroy Galactica then maybe they would have planted a bomb up his arse.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nothing_But_The_Rain

• Callsign: \"Wolfman\"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2006, 05:38:12 AM »
Hey, yeah, did anyone notice, oh, maybe, the

THE THREE-SIX-BALTAR THREESOME OMGWTFBBQFTW
The Gods shall lift those who lift each other.

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2006, 05:45:42 AM »
yeah i saw that too... 3 is definately getting boxed... she's going crazy. also another note about that missile from valkyrie, it was fired out of one of the double-gun turret's that look like the ones on galactica. so again maybe the old bird does/did have some. i think my favorite part was when tigh came in and threw bulldog off, hit him and just looked at him and yelled "Stay down!" that was the bad ass tigh i missed.

IceManHG

• LT SG
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2006, 06:15:42 AM »
I want to know more about the Black Ops mission that the Admiralty send Adama/Valkyrie on. It seems to me that they where probing the Cylon lines for info. But why? Why would the Colonial military want to probe Cylon lines?

There had to have been some reason that after all these years the Colonial Brass wanted to know what the Cylons where up too. Maybe there where hit and run attacks on Colonial installations near the armastice line?

Or maybe it was simply that the Colonial Military felt confident enough to mount a probing recon/attack mission. Obviously the Stealthstar was not stealthy enough to avoid detection.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lt. Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tuomaskankola.com
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2006, 08:14:54 AM »
The guy who designed the Valkyrie did not know what he was doing. They should hire StarSlayer to do the concept work for them :p

WMCoolmon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2006, 08:51:55 AM »
Quote from: Josh_88;48303
well...episode not over yet, but they just proved that the valkyrie at least has ship to ship missiles. answering one of the debates from an other thread. :-)

:D

As for 3, not sure wtf is up with her...first she was having visions, then she starts throwing herself at Baltar, then she starts throwing herself in bed with Baltar, and then she goes emo and herself.

Entertaining note of the day: Centurions can apparently be ordered to kill humanoid Cylons by other humanoid Cylons. What does this mean, when you factor in that Galactica has a humanoid Cylon on board?

EDIT: And incidentally, the Valkyrie class slightly reminds me of the Serenity, from Firefly.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2006, 09:20:42 AM »
Now that you mention it, I can see it too :)

Quote from: bsilver2988;47659
So what do you guys think?

That you successfully managed to spoiler 90% of the episode :p

Well done :) I'm just glad I only come in here after watching the episode. Yay! The system works :)

Quote from: OutofStep351;48306
I'm also thinking that some of the dialogue involving "Tauron rebels" could provide some interesting FRED scenarios for the BTRL full release, pre invasion.

Hearing that pirates or rebels of some sort actually exist is always great for mission designers. Especially when you have a limited number of ship to play with :)

I doubt we'll be doing much with them as our plot is already set but there will be lots of 3rd party FREDders who'll have ideas what they can do with it.

Quote from: StarSlayer;48327

The Cylons are just sticking to what they know. It's pretty much the same plan they had with Boomer. And sticking a bomb in her was much more likely to succeed.

The thing is that it probably wasn't part of some nefarious master plan. Simply that they saw a way that had a good possibility of killing Adama which required the sacrifice of three raiders and a res for a number 3.

Sounds like a fairly low price for the attempt really.