Author Topic: Pegasus  (Read 4555 times)

Truman21

• View Profile
Pegasus
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 05:16:50 AM »
^^

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 05:25:24 AM »
the raiders already launch like they do from the basestars so i thought they were doing the launchtubes too... and that seems to be comfirmed by dukeman, also like he said, yeah the peggy is strange with the dual flight pods, but in space every direction is up, so flipping over to land wont be a big deal
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 05:34:50 AM »
Bolt ur chair and table to the roof the suspend yourself and your computer and practice carier landings on a regular flight sim.  That works best.
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

skippy9146

• Need a Oil Change
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 03:18:56 PM »
Quote from: StarSlayer;47091
Bolt ur chair and table to the roof the suspend yourself and your computer and practice carier landings on a regular flight sim. That works best.

ROFL!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, since they have artificial gravity, landing "upside down" wouldn't present much of a problem...

I would imagine things would get a little interesting when transitioning between gravity fields!

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 03:42:38 PM »
it doesnt matter if you have artificial gravity or not, no matter which way you orient a viper or any other ship, up will be whatever is above you. so you may be flying on what is the bottom of pegasus, with your bottom facing it, but you're not upside down, because from your perspective, the peggy is under you and you're rightside up.
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"

skippy9146

• Need a Oil Change
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 04:09:23 PM »
Quote from: Josh_88;47123
it doesnt matter if you have artificial gravity or not, no matter which way you orient a viper or any other ship, up will be whatever is above you. so you may be flying on what is the bottom of pegasus, with your bottom facing it, but you're not upside down, because from your perspective, the peggy is under you and you're rightside up.

I know that.

What I was commenting on is that there is 2 opposite gravity fields in the same flight pod (1 top, 1 bottom) & that traveling between the 2 (say from lower to upper or from lower to the rest of the ship) would be interesting to say the least...

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 04:15:49 PM »
The physics of Mercury flightpods has long troubled my logic.  The up and down landing decks, the interspaced up and down oriented viper tubes.  Ive long since given up trying to fathom how it works ;)
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

skippy9146

• Need a Oil Change
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 04:42:10 PM »
Quote from: StarSlayer;47129
The physics of Mercury flightpods has long troubled my logic. The up and down landing decks, the interspaced up and down oriented viper tubes. Ive long since given up trying to fathom how it works ;)

Good thing that Viper pilots aren't given to motion sickness....;)

Ender

• Imperious leador
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 05:30:49 PM »
wasent their sometihng about this is star trek enter prise where if you went to a certain point on teh ship you could sit upside down, maybe it's simliler to that, or maybe they just solve the problem using technobabble

skippy9146

• Need a Oil Change
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2006, 05:40:55 PM »
Quote from: Ender;47137
wasent their sometihng about this is star trek enter prise where if you went to a certain point on teh ship you could sit upside down, maybe it's simliler to that, or maybe they just solve the problem using technobabble

Yeah... I think it was said that there was a different spot in every Starship that all the overlapping artificial gravity fields cancelled each other out & you got a small area of zero gee.

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 05:47:47 PM »
To be honest anaylisys of her flighpods indicate that there isnt space for dual hangar decks, therefore the only real logical method for it to work would be that the lower elevators rasie and rotate craft from the lower flight deck into the hangar.  Then a rather comples crane thing must rotate and load the viper upside donw in the viper tubes.

P
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 05:55:05 PM by StarSlayer »
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unknown Target

• Bitchslapped by BTRL
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »
Well they actually put the flight pods on upside down because RDM said it "looked cool". That works for me :p
EDIT: Nevermind, it was fixed :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 06:01:30 PM by Unknown Target »
If you want your bugs fixed and features added, you gotta get us coders! See the help wanted thread if you want to help out!

skippy9146

• Need a Oil Change
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 07:50:07 PM »
Unknown... How did you get the "sloganizer" to appear down there?

David Pym

• Viper TopGun
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/mightypym
Pegasus
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 08:36:32 PM »
Quote from: WMCoolmon;47076
No, it will be a birthday present. We just haven't decided whose birthday it will be yet.

nice nice mate

Colonel David \'\'Hawkie\'\' Pym
BattleStar Aquarius
CAG WhiteKnight AirGroup
Viper MarkII

KypFisto

• Callsign: Gulo
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 09:13:24 PM »
now let's just hope somebody's birthday is this friday :lol: