Author Topic: Connection Issues  (Read 3360 times)

Slayn

• View Profile
Connection Issues
« on: October 19, 2006, 10:21:18 PM »
Hello, I'm brand new to Freespace 2. I followed the instructions on how to setup connections to FS2NetD and to my surprise it always says "Connection Failed" every time I attempt to connect, although the text "Connecting to FS2NetD" appears now. I completed registration using the e-mail sent to me and am completely capable of logging in to the site. In an attempt to divine the problem, I did a search for my own name in the member database of FSNetD and the search came up with nothing. I created another account to see if perhaps I just couldn't search for myself and was still unable to find either account in the database. I've waited several days at this point in hopes it was just the server lagging on updating the database or some-such reason, but have received no such luck. Any suggestions?

FF-Darkhalf

• View Profile
    • http://www.ffighters.com
Connection Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 10:40:06 PM »
Have u received a validation email sent to your account mail ? if not then copy paste that link in your address bar, and click enter

[url]http://freespaceserver.cjb.net/fs2netd/main.php?area=register&mode=resend&user=PUTYOURUSERNAMEHERE

this should resend your validation email to the address you registered with.

hm what else, u put it onto the multi settings right ? and the pxo light is on ?

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Connection Issues
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 11:04:23 PM »
He's connecting using the media VPs and is getting screwed over by the old config file in mv_core.

Funnily enough I only just answered this one on the BSG forum.

Slayn

• View Profile
Connection Issues
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 12:17:59 AM »
Thanks, that worked perfectly!