Author Topic: Episode 304 (LOTS OF SPOILERS, BEWARE!)  (Read 31250 times)

skippy9146

• Need a Oil Change
    • View Profile
Episode 304 (LOTS OF SPOILERS, BEWARE!)
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 04:20:23 PM »
Damned hard to tell what that is... I even tried to Photoshop some shots of it at the moment of detonation. Maybe some modelers have a clue?

Roy Fokker

• Veritech Viper Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2006, 05:05:38 PM »
Well, I don't even what's supposed to be a second ship in those shots, but if it's the thinger on the upper right, one thing is certain, I think: it doesn't look like a battlestar.

Roy Fokker

• Veritech Viper Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2006, 05:35:24 PM »
Guys, any Canadians present?

It appears that the Canadian preview was completely different, and has shown a lot more. I'm not sure if it's true, but someone posted this in the SciFi.com BSG BBoards:

In the Canadian preview for the upcoming episode.. we got to see a lot more.

There was some dialogue where Adama asks the helmsman to Jump (or something about the Jump drive), and the helmsman sort of sadly breaks that the jump drive is down, dead, or gone.

Then you see Adama say "That's it then, its' been a pleasure"

Cut to a clip of the galactica getting hammered big time by a missile (possibly a nuke).

During this preview we also saw vipers and raptors swooping in on the planet surface.. guns a blazing, bullets flying everywhere. You can see the galactica entering the atmosphere in the blue sky. Needless to say the battle will be one of epic proportions.. trumping the action of Resurrection Ship Part II.

Nothing_But_The_Rain

• Callsign: \"Wolfman\"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2006, 05:37:10 PM »
^I call shenanigans. Canadian shenanigans.

Thanks for getting some quality shots of our UFO up here.

I can't find that low-poly model scale chart showing the entire RTF that someone posted a long time ago on Scifi Meshes. That would help us ID this thing... but I like the "two-Basestar collision" theory alot.
The Gods shall lift those who lift each other.

Roy Fokker

• Veritech Viper Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2006, 05:44:42 PM »
Quote from: Nothing_But_The_Rain;43464
^I call shenanigans. Canadian shenanigans.

Good to know. That sounded rather suspicious. Frak them trolls.

Nothing_But_The_Rain

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2006, 08:12:31 PM »
I was leafing through a copy of BSG Magazine in the grociery store today, and I came across two interesting tidbits, one in an interview with Dean Stockwell and another in one with Tricia Helfer.

Tidbit one (from the DS I.V.): There are, as stated, 12 humanoid cylon models. We've seen seven so far, but the remaining five are supposed to be so secret that even the "significant seven" don't know who they are. But, at the same time, they do know who they are... it's just that the seven are programmed to supress any knowledge of the other five models's identities as Cylons. These final five are the ultimate ghosts, with their purposes and identities (consciously, but not subconsciously) unknown to their other seven brethren, but still acting under orders from whatever supreme authority the Cylons obey. Wow.

Tidbit two (from the TH I.V.): This one is exceptionally fascinating, because it gives us a huge clue towards resolving the Baltar/Six invisible doppelganger mystery. I'll spoiler tag it though, because of the potential ramifications.

[spoiler]Apparently, the humanoid Cylons can "project their own environments around them," creating whatever background environment that they want, and they interact with it just as if the environment were real (not unlike the Matrix), while at the same time being somewhere else. (Hey, wait a minute! That sounds like Baltar's mental Caprica villa, where he goes to do Six while dozing in the lab! Insert ominous music here.) Also, they can share their "projections" with other Cylons.

Apparently, "filming these scenes is very difficult," what with a conversation between two Sixes involving one Six being in a mental forest and another being in a cathedral, and all the while they're actually inside a Baseship (but their mental version of a Baseship interior- more plain and "ship-like," without the organic, physiological look to it that we saw in Kobol's Last Gleaming Pt. II). However, in Helfer's opinion, "the extra effort that goes into filming these scenes is worth it."[/spoiler]

Sweet Zombie Jesus, the ramifications. That "really bakes your noodle," doesn't it?

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2006, 08:19:26 PM »
I dont care what it looks like they are not going to have galactica ram something and go boom. i mean it is battlestar galactica, they arent going to end the series this fast and then have next year's spinoff- battlestar pegasus or colonial one....the only ship left.   i think its pretty safe, and im pretty sure i heard somewhere the peggy wouldnt make it through this season, but looking at those pictures it's too small, because i've seen the size chart nothing_but_the_rain mentioned and the peggy is very much larger then a basestar..... guess we wait and see.
if i were them id sacrifice one of the fleet's smaller ships (ie transport of some sort) and just move all the people off before sending it in.
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"

Nothing_But_The_Rain

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2006, 08:21:31 PM »
^Or, it could be a case of one of the transports being too damaged in the escape to make the jump, and it "heroically sacrifices itself."

I'm geeK

• Call Sign: Nova
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2006, 08:42:42 PM »
There is going to be 5 Seasons. Ron Moore already stated that in numerous interviews before the release of season 3. So rest assured the Battlestar Galactica is going no where... Pegasus on the other hand will and is going to go sometime this season...

And to say that w/ out Pegasus the space battles will be a thing in the past is presumptious and without logic.. The Vipers can put on a hell of a' show without huge warships slugging it out.. There is hardly any major Galactica fights in season 1 so something had to have kept people hooked for the CGI. Thats where the vipers come in.

Plus we saw Pegasus take on two Basestars in the episode "Captains Hand" and take a beating no doubt about that.. And I'm pretty sure no one had anything bad to say about how the CGI played out. So you dont need HUGE ASS capital ships to make the "space battles" attractive. Hell I liked seeing Scar and Starbuck duke it out in a asteroid field. In a way thats more exciting than seeing a Basestar vs. Galactica..

Ender

• Imperious leador
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2006, 09:01:03 PM »
this may seem noobish but i always thought thats some parts of a battlestar could be removed like landing bays, guns, and armour. i know it may sound a bit extreme but what if when the Beast does kick the bucket (no pun intended) would it be possible to transfer over some of the major stuff. i personally would love to see galactica benefit from pegasus landing bays as they have 4 and i also would love to see galactica benefit from pegasus's armours and guns. that means galactica could stand up to basestars and wecould keep the big space battles, also galactica could get a starboard hanger deck basc in commision eject the gift shop lol, well after my noobish rant does that actaully sound fessible

I'm geeK

• Call Sign: Nova
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2006, 10:06:25 PM »
It could be possible I'm sure but at the same time you might need to reverse engineer some of thing things that Galactica would salvage. Dont forget where the Galactica was in the miniseries. Just a little ways short of being decommisioned. So Galactica is an old bird for sure. I'm sure Galactica could salvage armor plating and things of that nature.. But as far as taking off a whole flight pod I dont know. Maybe.. you'd have to ask someone who knows Galactica's specs inside and out... I highly doubt it tho.

The ships could obviously be salvaged given the chance the non-combat ready Vipers, and Raptors arent destroyed in the destruction. Weapons are more tricky.. Pegasus  would own Galactica in the event that the two were forced into in an engadgement.. To say short "Ressurection Ship Pt. I (&) II" had me scared for Galactica.. It would've fought back, but in the end the Pegasus would have left Galactica a smoldering heap of metal floating in the cold darkness of space... I hope I'm making sense, and if I'm wrong please corect me.

PS: If Pegasus has a store of nukes left, you can cont on next to nothing surviving from Pegasus...

ngtm1r

• \"Guns\", Galactica
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2006, 10:09:40 PM »
Quote from: skippy9146;43457
Damned hard to tell what that is... I even tried to Photoshop some shots of it at the moment of detonation. Maybe some modelers have a clue?

That looks like a Movers. You can just make out the Y-setup containers at the middle and end.
Yea verily, though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am piloting I house-sized mass of "**** you." (With apologies to Peptuck)

Dodger

• TCB-CSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2006, 11:26:17 PM »
in fact the 3 secods consist of 5 different scenes (watch the light!): it starts with 1.) Damn you Lee! (dark light), 2.) Dradis-screen 3.) Adama shouting JUMP (orange light maybe emergency light) 4.) Adama turning away from flash (maybe  nuke hitting Galactica (and standart "console-explosion") and finaly 5.) some frakking ship colliding with Basestar (definitely no Battlestar- just too small and different shape)
that my point of view after watching that scene(s) 150 times (in slowmo)!!!!!!!

and I think thats the best theory for the unknown vessel:
Quote from: Nothing_But_The_Rain;43484
^Or, it could be a case of one of the transports being too damaged in the escape to make the jump, and it "heroically sacrifices itself."

(or maybe it's just a viper after Lee tryed to put his fat ass inside ;) J/K)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 11:57:25 PM by Dodger »

The Cylon Base

*signature by BoneZ

Werthead

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2006, 11:39:57 PM »
Trying to track down a Canadian promo for the episode. If this show had Lost's audience someone would have put it up 20 microseconds after it had aired. Then again, if BSG had those viewing figures, it would have been sanitised into mediocrity.

So we can guess that the plan is as follows:

Galactica jumps into orbit. All hell breaks loose. The five baseships close on Galactica. Once they are in position, five unmanned civilian freighters jump in and ram the basestars, destroying them (presumably laden with tylium, explosives, Galactica's two or three remaining nukes or other nukes from Pegasus). However, something goes wrong. One or two of the basestars managed to survive the onslaught. Pegasus jumps in and takes care of them.

Of course, if it is a freighter in that shot, this does absolutely nothing to confirm or deny reports of Pegasus' demise.

Hang on, this seems to be the Canadian BSG website, although no trailer for Exodus, Part 2 yet. Certainly their trailer for Exodus, Part 1 seems different to the US one, so we might be in luck. The synopsis does say that Galactica is attacked by four basestars.
Visit The Wertzone for all your SF&F Needs

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2006, 11:50:47 PM »
as was said, for sure you could salvage or take parts from pegasus for galactica.... a flight pod almost certainly no. they are 2 different class of battlestars and big G's not made to have a double pod like that. it could probably be done but even in a full shipyard would likely take forever. however it works i doubt there will be much to salvage, and people seem to forget what it was like before peggy, remember in the mini when they left ragnar, galactica didnt do a whole lot of offensive damage, but held its own very well while the fleet escaped. either way i cant wait to see how it turns out
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"