Author Topic: FAQ + How to get started using FS2NetD  (Read 416896 times)

Spirit_Weaver

• Lucifer
    • View Profile
FAQ + How to get started using FS2NetD
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2006, 09:53:00 PM »
Hey i tried everything that was said, and well, somethings really screwed up, dunno I can't even get online now, any1 help me out..

Scrogneugneu

• Noob in transit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2006, 01:18:28 AM »
Hi there,

I just recently got Freespace 2 and rediscovered that great world (only had the demo before, it came with my joystick). I found FS2 open, and I now run the 3.6.7 build.

I would love to go online, but since the server is (was) kind of broken, it was impossible. Good news is, it's going back up at the same time I get here (I bring luck, people :)).

However when I try to connect it always says I have hacked tables. I do use the tables provided in this topic, but it's no good. How can I get them right? Is it possible with 3.6.7 to not have hacked tables?

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2006, 03:44:23 AM »
not at the moment, but soon

i am still debating on which sets to validate

Scrogneugneu

• Noob in transit
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2006, 03:54:37 AM »
Thanks for the answer. Let us know when the debate is over ;)

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2006, 04:57:39 AM »
Ok, here are the instructions to get a validation email sent to your account if you did not get one earlier when the server was down

make the changes to the following link, put the link in your address bar, and click enter

[url]http://freespaceserver.cjb.net/fs2netd/main.php?area=register&mode=resend&user=PUTYOURUSERNAMEHERE

this should resend your validation email to the address you registered with

Malmer

• The Hammer speaks...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2006, 11:31:05 PM »
Quote from: MatthewPapa
Ok, here are the instructions to get a validation email sent to your account if you did not get one earlier when the server was down

make the changes to the following link, put the link in your address bar, and click enter

[url]http://freespaceserver.cjb.net/fs2netd/main.php?area=register&mode=resend&user=PUTYOURUSERNAMEHERE

Unfortunately, it does not seem to work for my registration...

PS. First post - I'm impressed by the effort of the FS2 community; keep up the good work!

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2006, 04:25:20 AM »
at the moment only original tables are working

use ur fs2openpxo exe and just the original fs2 vps

Medley

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2006, 07:11:13 AM »
Quote from: MatthewPapa

:yes:  thanks a lot, this worked fine for me, now i got the game working online!!!;)

Master Stinger

• Master Stinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2006, 06:12:14 PM »
Quote from: ChromeViking
I'm haveing some trouble registering on FS2Net.  I've entered my Pilot name, password and e-mail but I've not received any e-mail yet to complete the process.  Can anyone help?

Pilot Name: LiveWire
e-mail:chromeviking@hotmail.com

Yes, I am trying to register as well, but I am not receiving the e-mail to complete the process.  I must have tried registering 10 times before I came to this forum and realized it wasn't just me.  (NO JOKE!)  Can anyone help, or do us new people just need to wait until the server is back on?  Thank you for your help.

Pilot Name: Master Stinger
E-mail: stinger_max@hotmail.com

EDIT: Does the fact that the name "Master Stinger" has a space instead of an underscore create a problem during the signing-in process?  Also, please note, MatthewPapa, that I have tried what you said about pasting that link into the address bar, but I am still getting no validation e-mail.  I've tried it three times and it's been 10 minutes since my last attempt.  Maybe I need to wait longer?  Anyway, if I do get it within the hour, I will let you know in this thread.  Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 06:22:53 PM by Master Stinger »

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2006, 06:54:03 PM »
Are you certain it hasn't been filtered out as spam? Yahoo did that to me.

Master Stinger

• Master Stinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2006, 07:51:14 PM »
No, I checked my junk e-mail in Hotmail.  Nothing there.

Sturmn8r

• \"Out there....That a way!
    • View Profile
Registering new Multiplayer account
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2006, 09:01:19 AM »
I clicked on the link where you said to register a multiplayer account with FS2NetD, and I registered, but I never got a confermation email sent to me to activate it and even without that I cant log onto the FS2NetD Server and therefore cannot see any games being played when I launch the game...I'm a new pilot and just got the game for the purpose of trying the new BSG mod when it is finished, but would also like to play online.  I noticed a mention below of the same problem and put in the link to have the registration resent again...Do you know what the problem is and is there a solution to this perdicament?:(

Sturmn8r

• \"Out there....That a way!
    • View Profile
I know now...
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2006, 09:16:40 AM »
A little hint...dont have junk mail filters on when you want to receive the F@2NetD info...the junk filter thinks its junk!

Master Stinger

• Master Stinger
    • View Profile
Don't laugh...
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2006, 04:46:46 PM »
Alright, don't laugh at me guys.  Yeah, it was the Junk e-mail filter in my Hotmail.  I couldn't figure out, though, why I couldn't even see it in the folder.  (Or any other junk e-mail, for that matter.)  Turns out a while ago I had set the setting for Hotmail to immediately delete whatever it thought was junk e-mail.  Thank you guys for helping me out.  I look forward to seeing you guys in the game!  Thanks!

klonopin

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2006, 06:59:07 AM »
I want to play online.. badly