Author Topic: FAQ + How to get started using FS2NetD  (Read 419883 times)

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
FAQ + How to get started using FS2NetD
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2006, 07:14:36 PM »
1) Patching FS2 is a good thing. You shouldn't play with an unpatched version if you can avoid it.

2) You need RC 7.8 or above to see most of the servers in use. If you have anything else you'll only see servers run on older versions of the game. Most of the multi community use something compatible with 7.8 so you will have problems with seeing their games otherwise.

3) Which files?

SunSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2006, 08:38:45 PM »
Quote from: MatthewPapa;3046

Valid multiplayer missions (ones that cound on your score) File1. File2. Voices (optional)

those files

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 23, 2006, 01:30:13 AM »
When you open them do you have VP files or something else?

SunSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2006, 03:07:25 AM »
ah crud, i messed up badly, i found the answer of my question, tornado is asking the following:

Why do the original missions don't count toward stats? And is there a way to validate them so that they count? Because when I play, only the ones I downloaded "Valid multiplayer missions (ones that cound on your score) File1. File2. Voices (optional)" give me points and update my stats

wolfen

• Terran
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2006, 12:41:09 AM »
Ok not to be a pain, but I have followed all the steps in the above post about getting multi player to work, I even got rid of the hacked tables box by section "no mod" only problem is I see 3 or 4 games on the access site, and none in FreeSpace when I try to connect to the multi player, any ideas?

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 27, 2006, 09:34:19 AM »
That is odd. Did you configure your firewall correctly?

Do you have both software and hardware firewalls? Cause I've seen that cause problems if the software firewall doesn't have a rule configured for port 7808.

The other possibility is that you were seeing games by the 303 squadron. I believe they still use FSO 3.6.7 and thus would be invisible for you.

FF-Darkhalf

• View Profile
    • http://www.ffighters.com
« Reply #201 on: November 27, 2006, 06:11:16 PM »
I can confirm that 303 games can't be seen as they use older builds same as SOR ones :blah: Furthermore some random ppl seem to use some 'invisible' builds as well :no: However all rather newer pilots tend to use new builds and should be visible to u. A good way of meeting with someone to play is by joining the btrl irc chat and ask or add up some of the active ppl on msn / icq.

I know it ain't easy to get someone to play with, hopefully ppl will all switch to the newest build once it's 'rdy' :cool1:

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2006, 06:47:07 PM »
Speaking of new builds.

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/karajorma/20061127-Kara-FixMultiplayerStream.rar

Needs testing. It's gotten some from both Juke and myself but I'd rather find out if we've introduced new bugs now rather than after 3.6.9 is out.

wolfen

• Terran
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 27, 2006, 10:42:35 PM »
Quote from: karajorma;49320
That is odd. Did you configure your firewall correctly?

Do you have both software and hardware firewalls? Cause I've seen that cause problems if the software firewall doesn't have a rule configured for port 7808.

The other possibility is that you were seeing games by the 303 squadron. I believe they still use FSO 3.6.7 and thus would be invisible for you.

Ok my router is a Linksys just like the one in the pic but I never set and port restrictions on it at all, I have all ports open, I use a separate port closer on the computer itself instead of anything built into a hardware device LOL.
So its not that.

I didn't see anything saying 303, so it may or may not have been them. I have the following launchers ( only one installed) I have rc7dpt 9, and FS2 open 3_6_9 that you linked me to. And the Free space open setup exe file from the website
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 10:46:58 PM by wolfen »

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 27, 2006, 11:27:34 PM »
Catch me on ICQ one day and I'll throw up a server you should definitely be able to see.

At least that way we can exclude things like people playing on older versions. :)

wolfen

• Terran
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2006, 01:52:53 AM »
Let me see if I'm gonna be home Wednesday or Thursday night, instead of at work. But I definitely want to try that and see , just to make sure weather or not its me.

Megaman36

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 08, 2006, 07:12:23 AM »
I just downloaded 3.6.9 RC7.9 and i need to know where do i put it in the FS2 folder?

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 08, 2006, 01:42:30 PM »
Yep. Although if you have to ask maybe you should get Turey's Installer

Megaman36

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2006, 06:10:13 PM »
I got it but what do I open the installer with? I tried opening it with FS2 but all that did was start the game and not the install.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 08, 2006, 06:50:38 PM »
Rename it. It should have a .exe extention.