Author Topic: Demo Progress  (Read 34721 times)

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Demo Progress
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2007, 04:56:18 PM »
For the most part beta testing doesn't require specific computing skills so much as the ability to clearly state what went wrong and what you were doing at the time.

"I was playing mission 3 and when the Basestar jumped in I heard a well done message from Galactica before anything else happened" is a perfectly valid bug report for a mission test. If I heard something like that I'd instantly know which event was triggering when it shouldn't be and I might be able to take a guess at why.

As for expert beta testers I won't believe a word anyone tells me about their 1337 skills till someone spots the error in this mission here that it took me about 3-4 minutes to spot.

Squirrel

• The Devil Is A Squirrel
    • View Profile
Demo Progress
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2007, 06:37:24 PM »
Quote from: Helos;55892
true that, but i just tried regeristing on the cylon base and i had problems, everytime i tried to register i got this message of the username/password was in use, not matter whata i used

This should nothing to do with the ACL, I didn't do it actually, I will do it next week.

Maybe you use a username, which is on the blacklist...can you write me an e-mail to admin @ thecylonbase.com (delete the spaces  :D  ), we can discuss it billateral.

Thank you!

(sorry for my english, I'm really tired..)

Crixx

• Give the order.
    • View Profile
Demo Progress
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2007, 07:57:33 PM »
Quote from: karajorma;55994
As for expert beta testers I won't believe a word anyone tells me about their 1337 skills till someone spots the error in this mission here that it took me about 3-4 minutes to spot.

The fact that the launcher files makes your Freespace 2 act as if it's permanently paused? :p

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Demo Progress
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2007, 08:06:28 PM »
I have no idea what's causing you that problem Crixx. :p But if you suspect it's my fault run 3.6.9 Official and check you don't get that error.

Mist17

• View Profile
Demo Progress
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2007, 04:14:04 PM »
How is everything going?
Einstein: Time.
John Crichton: Flies.
John Crichton: Bends.
John Crichton: Wounds all heals.