Author Topic: Public Update Thread  (Read 66209 times)

dragonsniper

• Nuking a Sathana\'s
    • View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2011, 09:15:08 PM »
Still can't wait to see this one released... have you considered getting hosting at HLP by chance? GW is pretty err... dead. :(

starlord

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2011, 10:20:12 AM »
Hey, JC! I've got someone potentially interested in your project on 3d foundation! he modelled an ancient warship and wishes to know more on that project of yours! Shall I give him the go ahead?

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2011, 02:45:18 AM »
yes! that would be great!
There is an appointed time for everything...
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down ad a time to build up...
A Time For War and A Time For Peace.
                                   Eccl. 3:1a, 3, 8b

I say let us strive towards PEACE.
                                    JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)
JC 4(For) J(esus) C(hrist)

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2011, 03:07:44 AM »
I figure i should let everyone know I finally got some footage of the game with sound. I need to edit the length and what not but so far it looks like it at least recorded good. I am not sure about starting a youtube for the project just yet but i would like to post the video soon.

JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)

starlord

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 10:18:55 AM »
Great! Can you give me your mail in a PM? I'll link you!

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2012, 02:03:59 AM »
Greetings everyone. I have been working on several projects lately and each is eating time out of the other. I have been trying to get some good in-game footage and I am hoping to have it up before to much more time passes. I am going to try and start working on the UI textures and maybe even some UI animations. More updates Later!

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2012, 03:26:14 AM »
Greetings, it is again time for your SG1ED Update. Still working to get a viable game play vid but I have had nothing but problems with the video codecs I have.

I have also found that I drastically overpowered most of the Tau'ri Weapons and Ships. Fights that should last a long time take no time at all. I am again re-balancing the tbl's and I am having to go back and fix an issue with some of the weapons and engine effects.

I am also going to have to find a work around for the Capital ship AI's. The Ha'taks like to shoot at fighters and bombs instead of other Capital ships. I may have to introduce some kind of anti-fighter/bomber weapon to them so that the main guns focus only on Caps I'm Not sure.

Again I am sorry for not having the video and I am working on it.

JC4JC

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2012, 08:48:37 PM »
Hey cool! Updates!

With regards to the weapons targeting: Having different types of weapons for different targets, and then giving the big guns the capital+ flag would be a good idea. You can also use an objecttypes.tbl to set targeting priorities, somehow. Probably :/
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

starlord

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2012, 02:45:25 PM »
hi JC! I've got news you might find interesting! Check your PMs!

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2012, 03:08:41 AM »
I have been working on some of the tbs and things are working a little better now. As for the gameplay video I am having trouble with my desktop recorder. Apparently divx's encoder only works for a few days.

I am also working on other things as they come up and are noticed. I hope to have more sooner than later!

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2012, 02:49:07 AM »
I am in the middle of getting footage from the gameplay for at least some kind unofficial teaser so everyone can get an idea of where we are.

JC4JC

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2012, 01:50:33 PM »
Look forwards to seeing it. :)

Brockenstein

• Of Danub!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://darkcosmos.external-logistics.com/
Public Update Thread
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 03:51:12 PM »
Sounds really good!

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2012, 08:08:10 PM »
I realize it has been a while since I updated. I am having RL stuff that is draining most of my time and I have not had access to the computer that holds the Mod files so I have not been able to work on it for a while. Figured it was time for an update so... Still working on that footage last time I was able to work on it. I was still having issues with desktop recorder so it is just a matter of being able to sit down and work on it for a few hours.

JC4JC

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2012, 09:32:24 PM »
Neat! Looking forward to it, whenever it's ready.
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!