Author Topic: Public Update Thread  (Read 59246 times)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 03:22:36 PM »
You might want to have entries for basic Hataks and then upgraded ones. Don't have upgraded ones till LATE in the Goa'uld era so by then the Jaffa/Tokra can get their hands on some.
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 03:27:56 PM »
Way ahead of you I have: Basic Hat'aks, anubis upgrade, and replicator upgrade ;)
There is an appointed time for everything...
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down ad a time to build up...
A Time For War and A Time For Peace.
                                   Eccl. 3:1a, 3, 8b

I say let us strive towards PEACE.
                                    JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)
JC 4(For) J(esus) C(hrist)

starlord

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 03:54:03 PM »
There was a replicator ship in sg1: that big 6 legged shuttle, whatever it was: are you going to implement it too?

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 06:01:27 PM »
It was in the DL link (I think expired now, meant for JC4JC, but I posted in the public thread for archive purposes. I doubt this project would be threatened by others), but regardless it's insanely high on the polys. JC4JC will have to develop a replicator storyline that includes it later then get a new mesh or poly reduce it.

I don't recall if he mentioned it earlier about the reps, but from this point on all I can do is provide moral support, some VA, and maybe one or two surprises in the future...
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

starlord

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 08:55:06 AM »
Hello to all SG1 fans.

Might there still besome new things to gape on regarding that oh so attractive mod? Any update since last time?

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 09:38:47 PM »
I'm am currently out of state and will be working on a few ideas for a short teaser, trying to find a good desktop recorder for that. I hope that it will be good. I have been trying to work on the low poly x304 turrets and am not liking the results. I may just try to use what I have and make the movie. I may just start putting up contests to have things like terrain, planets, etc. for backgrounds and missions. I also need to start working on the UI before to much longer... but until I have a little more help it is a few people doing a large project. Until then I am unsure when I will have a new stuff I am working full time and looking for a new job so this and other projects have once more taking the back burner. But I am still thinking on it... so we are not dead!

JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)

starlord

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 05:29:04 PM »
Excellent. Looking forward to the trailer.

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 02:55:37 PM »
Well the trailer is taking a little longer than I had hoped to make. I have been shifting between different ideas along with working on the mod itself. Most of what I am doing is tweaking the tables and, more recently,working with the music. I am most likely going to start work on the menu graphics so that it looks like Stargate SG1 and not Freespace 2. All in all... there is still a ton of work to be done.

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 04:45:53 AM »
Well I have hit snags... as usual and am trying to develop an idea for the menu graphics. I have halted all work on the models as well as the the ship and weapon files. I am shifting focus to the other aspects of the mod, it is a total conversion after all. At this time I do not want to give away to much so... hehe ;)

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009, 11:56:29 PM »
I am looking at getting some of the music I have and trying to get some nice pieces together for a teaser mission... so I'll keep you up-to-date as that gose. i am also looking for anyone who would like to help with the interface portion of the mod check out the looking for staff thread to get an idea of what we need.

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 03:05:59 AM »
Small Update the computer that all the mod files are on has been inaccessible for a few weeks and as such I have not been able to work on the trailer. This is in a large part that my wife and I are moving into our own place. So everything is in the process of being packed for the move.

We will also be without internet unless we go over to my parents house for checking e-mails and forums and the like. I do plan on working on the trailer and hope to have it done by the time we are able to get internet. Until I have access to the files I will try and work on stories lines for the missions...

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 04:49:07 AM »
I miss posted this by accident so just to recap.

First, I would like to apologize for the lack of updates on the mod. My wife and I are in the mist of getting our new home ready for us to move in but there is still a lot of work that needs to be done on it so that has taken a lot of time. Also this is one of three projects I am currently working on most of which I am working on by myself. Despite all this I am still working on the mod.

Second, as I stated earlier I am working on the mod I just haven't the time to psot updates. I work on it and by the time I stop, not finish but stop, I have to get to bed or work or somewhere else and I forget or don't get to post an update about it. Now I will attempt to list some of the things I have been working on... for the mod.

(1) I have been working on the weapon effects and converting them to the .dds recommended file formate. I have even reworked a few of them to look better.

(2) I have recovered all but 2 of the music files kindly created for the mod by RogueAngel. Despite his or her disapperence I have started applying it to the mod. I have also started converting them to the .ogg recommended file formate.

(3) I have been working on new ideas for missions and campaigns in general. I have about 3 or 4 ideas for the campaigns and a ton of ideas for the missions in general.

(4) Models have been a block for some time. I believe we have a good selection of models for the ships and weapons. However, anyone who has at least watched a few episodes battles take place with ships on the ground as well as in space, example... antartica. I have tried to get terrain to work but even the simple generators, even on reduced poly mode, won't work. But I think I have a solution... I'm going to... hehe like I'm going to tell before I do it... yeah right!

(5) Trailer. I have final found a desktop record that could work for me, finally. Anyway I hope to have something working with this in the near future. No time frame at this time... time frame = promise... I promise and don't get it done... that makes me a liar.. me no liar.

Well I think that is it.. yes I think alot and yes I know it is dangerous. If I remember anything or I have somthing new I will try an post it on an update. I am also going to try and get screenshots up soon.

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 08:30:05 PM »
OK So I don't get another announcement about being archived I finally was able to get internet for a while to give this update.

First, Moving has slowed my work but I am constantly running new ideas through my head. As soon as the move is done I am hoping to resume work.

Second, I am working up the plot and happenings of a Lucian Alliance War. This is mostly in my head but some is written down.  Other previous ideas will be applied and worked on.

Next, I have been browsing NASA's websites, yes plural, for images I can use to portray planets in the solar system and planets outside the solar system and so on to use as background images.

Right now I am trying to get things in motion to try and get more rapid development of a demo going.

That is all for now so I guess I'll go look for more pictures.

JC4JC

starlord

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 02:40:01 PM »
Any news regarding the promised teaser jc? if your MOD could attract more of a croud, perhaps you might find more recruits...

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 05:12:17 PM »
I figure that with the New Year I should provide an update.

First to starlord, the teaser is still in production stages I am not happy with the way any of them are looking and changes to FSO has resulted in me having to go through an redo certain effects.

Second I am rebalancing the ship and weapons tables I noticed the other night that the 304 was way to powerful and was taking out ha'taks with little to no damage to the shields. yes the asgard shields are powerful but taking on 2 ha'taks and not taking damage is just unbalanced. that is just one example.

I am in the the process of looking for upgrades for old my computer so i am hoping development will go faster when I do.

anyway just letting you all know i am still here and am working on teh mod

JC4JC