Author Topic: Public Update Thread  (Read 59939 times)

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« on: October 04, 2006, 05:08:42 PM »
I thought it would be nice to have an update thread that would should what we have done and what we are working on.

I do have an update at the moment I have a stable (as in on my system) collection of ships and weapons as well as other files... The point being I have the following ships with SG1 model and a complament of weapons that works without crashing:

X/F - 302
X/BC - 303
X/C - 304
Valhalla(O'neil)
Deathglider
Low-Low-Low Poly Hat'ak/Cheops

I will post picuters soon... I hope
School is kick me around so.....
There is an appointed time for everything...
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down ad a time to build up...
A Time For War and A Time For Peace.
                                   Eccl. 3:1a, 3, 8b

I say let us strive towards PEACE.
                                    JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)
JC 4(For) J(esus) C(hrist)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 12:41:56 AM »
Good news, I got a few of the new ships converted from nif's to .3ds for modification to get ready for conversion. bad news most are over 20k. But if you got a use for them we have permission...

Ori Warship 17k
Ancient Battleship 45k
Puddle Jumper closed 7k
OPen around 12k I think
Apophis mothership 12k

They look great though...
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 02:59:15 AM »
Cool send them to me ASAP... also we need one more model it needs to be top priority: We need the Hat'ak. It is the mainstay of the Gou'ald and Free Jaffa Nation fleets......

I am going off to GA, USA for christmas and will not be back until the 27... so I hope to start putting together a Beta Campaign for testing soon. This will hopefully entail missions surrounding the 302 303 Glider and Hat'ak should we have a model by then.

I will be brainstorming the plot over christmas on one of the 3 campaigns.

JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 03:35:07 AM »
Just a quick update, we have a number of models, sounds, effects and I am trying my best to balance the tables.

There is the scale concern for the models which is undergoing a public debate on a thread below.

We are looking for anyone who could provide some 3d effects including the Hyperspace window and Hyperspace tunnel.

We could use some of the larger ships: Apophis and Abubis Superships, Ori Capital ships (and fighters), Replicator ships (any and all)

Any help in these areas would be more than appresated and as always full credit will be given to those who deserve it.

JC4JC

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 12:10:09 AM »
Quick preview, the Ori Warship just tops 9k polys...

I still need to trim off liek 3 textures to make it work in FS2 for testing purposes but so far here was the poffing test (PCS failed, MV to the rescue!)

IF I get it in game the next shot will go in the screenshot thread. :D
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 08:03:12 AM »
Update...

Getting around to working on those new meshes I acquired from the BC team. One thing I noticed after doing some research. With all the info on the net n 0one (including official sources) has listed the dimensions of SG series craft...

Maybe I'm searching wrong, but for now I'm just going to arbitrarily size the .cob for easy working and make some test pofs and that's it. You'll have to finalize the meshes when you get the correct size (or choose your scale) info.

:D

Uploader failed, do you have an email that can take a 29mb file?
I rar'ed up all the .cobs, originals textures, and if I got that far renamed sorted pcx images and a few test cobs I haven't tried yet (converter failures on the rest or just too damn high poly!) :D

l8tr...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 10:50:35 AM by Star Dragon »

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 01:38:13 AM »
Good news...

First I found the meshes both in testable and untestable stages. I am uploading to Rapidshare (100mb limit) as I type this... Will edit and insert link. That way if things go South at least they are archived by people...

[EDIT] http://rapidshare.com/files/86651735/New_SG-1_Models.rar.html

I also got a NEW (at least new to me) Computer!

I need to copy over what I need essentials via portable HD's but I only got one monitor and I really want to get this done in one trip if possible. Is there anyway I can get my old computer hooked up to my new one? I had tried that once before last time I upgraded butt they never detected each other.

For the curious it's dual core 3.0ghz
1gig DDR2ram
crap Intel 256 vidcard, but will do for immediate now I think.

L8tr!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 01:42:33 AM by Star Dragon »

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 07:19:11 PM »
These are great Star. I have begun to revamp the tables and start converting the new models. The 304 is causeing problems do to its high number of polys but Im hoping that this can some how be resolved some how. My current plan is to try using the new version of PCS to try and see if it will work. I am also looking into putting the anubis command ship into see how it looks but we should have something good soon to show you all.

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 04:08:02 PM »
Well I guess an update is in order. I am still unable to convert the new 304 model the poly count is way too high. I have tryed the Ori warship which is half the poly count and it converts nicely. I will be placing weapon hardpoints on it soon and will look into getting the teltak and at least one other model converted.

I am using the older 304 model to test how the plasma beams are going to work. So far they are not firing when a target is in range so I am unsure what the problem is. It could be teh firing arcs but you never know.

I hope to get some pictures up as soon as I get the model in. TTYL.. TTFN

JC4JC

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 01:41:47 PM »
Yeah that 304 is a b*tch as is for fs2(Beauty of a model though!). I toyed with trying to poly reduce it, but I got in way over my head. We need someone like Omni to "work some magic on it" ;)

He's a student so if anyone has any money I'm sure he's open to bribery.. Haha..

AncientAngel

• Reflex Weapon
    • View Profile
    • http://www.robotechmmo.com
Public Update Thread
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 09:52:40 PM »
You guys need a new 304: Daedalus ?
What Poly Limit do you need and as for the hanger bay, how functional does it need to be?

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 01:30:15 PM »
It's not that we need a whole new one, it;s just that the existign one we got permission for use of is too complex and needs to be reduced some and hirearchy changed so the convert program won't have a heart attacka nd seize up. It can be made perfectly useable as seen by the BTRL thread and soem fo the ships they have used (like that MONSTER Pegasus!)

50k polys is NOT that much for FS Open now, but it has to be done just so. Unfortunately the models we had access to are more of the sci-fi meshes quality.

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 04:08:47 PM »
hey I looked at some threads for the program Im using (SCP) and they said to another person that 58K was way to much... I was able to load the Ori warship which is only around... 40K? I think I'll have to look on my desktop.

I tryed to wreduce it as well and ....... yeah it looked like someone ... tiled the textures.... eeeekkkkkk...

Anyway my school project isn't going as smooth as I thought so I haven't had time to work on converting the others... I hope to be finished and work on it some today or tomorrow.

JC4JC

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 10:45:46 PM »
Which Ori warship??? it should only be around 9k

And 58k is not too much, it's just that someone familiar with fs2 modeling needs to set it up right not to cause conflicts. (that and how many 58k ships are you planing on having on screen for any mission???) They can get away with a 67k Pegasus cause there is only ONE!

Look at all the 1-2k models I tried that Kazan has kittens over cause "they are not done right" yet a 9k model can get in smooth as silk.

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
I was estimation on the size. The Ori ships are not a problem, the 304 is.

I mean the max I am thinking is 1-2 304's Most of the time, Deadauls and Apollo. If I can get the model to convert properly then no more trouble. plus the model after I add shields and turrets will be more than that... after that there are hardpoints and paths etc. this sucker is going to be hugh. I am hoping that I can get it to work.

Anyway I hope to get the Ori ships in soon and I have to revamp the weapons table for the Asgard to have enough punch to kick Gou'ald butt, but allow the Jaffa and Ba'al forces go some what toe-to-toe with the replicators and the asgard ... anyway balancing this is going to diffacult.

JC4JC