Author Topic: new ship causes CTD  (Read 3159 times)

Turey

• Diaspora Speed Junkie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fsoinstaller.com
new ship causes CTD
« on: September 24, 2006, 11:16:41 PM »
Normally, i'd post this on the SCP portion of hard light, but seeing as HLP is down.....

I'm playtesting a new ultralight bomber i made on the debug build of 3.6.9 RC7, and every once in a while the debug build will CTD in the middle of the mission, and give this error:

Assert: is_valid_vec(&pi->rotvel)
File: C:\temp\fs2_open_3_6_9.t\code\Physics\Physics.cpp
Line: 562
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    physics_sim()    obj_move_call_physics()    obj_move_all()    game_simulation_frame()    game_frame()    game_do_frame()    game_do_state()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()
------------------------------------------------------------------

When i play on the normal build, it just freezes at some random point in game,  and i have to restart because i can't see anything behind the game. (if i could only hit the "don't send" button on the little window that normally pops up, i'm sure i could get back to the desktop.)

my system:
IBM Thinkpad T30
2.2 Ghz Pentium 4 m
512 Mb ram
4096 Mb vram
ATI Radeon Mobility 7500
Windows XP pro
FSO 3.6.9 RC7 (running OpenGL)
no media vps (at least, it's not using them while i'm playing this)

any help?
"fighting for the survival of humanity is supposed to be hard." - Josh_88
Get FreeSpace Open here.
what kind of fucking 11 y.o. wannabe leet hacker made that unbelievable stupid, kiddish, awkward and whatsoever socalled \'updater\', which made me laugh at first and then cry and cry .. and now I wish to kill someone\'s parents [and then kill myself, ofcourse]. Any clue?
        Hello! That would be me.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
new ship causes CTD
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 05:32:43 PM »
Really wild guess, did you or an AI call in a support ship and one of the models in the mission does not have a dock point?

For testing phase I make missions with "support ship" checked off in FRED.
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty: