Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 1556 times)

ShadowWolf_IH

• Fred Guru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome
« on: November 15, 2004, 04:34:56 AM »
Welcome to Origins.

I decided to go ahead and start work on my Mod.  This is the welcome thread, ask away, and i will do my best to answer.  Currently we have the first 3 missions done, and are working on mission 4.  Numerous mods are included in it, and a storyline that (i hope) is top notch.  I am thinking about moving into a new realm when the team completes this mod.  That realm wil be different than anything yet seen.  But that is a story for another time.

Origins will contain 70+ missions, all fredded by yours truly.  The time frame is shortly after Machina Terra, and expands on a story that actually finds it's roots in MT.  So no matter what happens here, we won't be releasing until after MT.  We are also planning something that has never been done before, in fact i don't think anyone has even thought about it, but it could conceivably change mission design philosophies.  It's inventive is all i will say.  The story line is done, we are fleshing the details of the latter part of the campaign.  Other than that, feel free to ask what we are doing and how.

Current needs.....a texture artist, a missions scripter, not someone to design the missions, but someone to create the conversations between the pilots.

Hammer

• Easy Like Sunday Morning
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 06:50:49 AM »
Well, im a fan of your missions so this aught to be a good one
:drevil:

ShadowWolf_IH

• Fred Guru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 06:51:55 AM »
well thank you.  That actually means something to me.

Gloriano

• Very bored
    • View Profile
Welcome
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 06:55:19 AM »
Cool :D I'am here.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 06:58:54 AM by Gloriano »
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men\'s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth : for the powers of heaven shall be shaken” (Luke

ShadowWolf_IH

• Fred Guru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 07:01:02 AM »
Currently the team is...Me, Boewolf modelling, Gloriano testing.  we have models from Styxx and Aldo, and MeekGeek from HLP is on the team as well as a modeller.

needless to say i am very happy with the models.

demonknight17

• Keeper of 1000 Keys
    • View Profile
Welcome
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 08:28:05 PM »
Ya gotta love the mad dash to get staff members when you finally start a campaign, eh?
We do not really change over time, for we are as flowers unfolding.  We meerly become more nearly ourselves.

Robotech123

• Robotech Master
    • View Profile
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com
Welcome
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 09:33:36 PM »
Quote from: Night Hammer
Well, im a fan of your missions so this aught to be a good one

Yea.
I cant wait until you guys get going on this. :D

ShadowWolf_IH

• Fred Guru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 03:15:24 AM »
well damn...i feel like a celebrity...complete with fan club.  If you guys start selling hats and T-Shirts, i want a cut. lol

thanks guys

ShadowWolf_IH

• Fred Guru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 04:40:36 AM »
the first 3 missions are done....most of the models are done.  about third of the textures are done. of the ones that aren't textured, 11 of them need to be UV'd.  what we really need is a UV mapper and a texture artist, currently we have c914 working on texturing, but let's face it....there will be 24 models to texture, and that is just a lot of work for one man to handle.  currently.....9 models are textured for a total of 33 mods in Origins.  

That is your current status report.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 09:50:47 AM »
Nice to see you proceeding with this one. Been looking forwards to seeing some more of your work since COW came out. :)

ShadowWolf_IH

• Fred Guru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 01:52:46 PM »
thanks Kara, been busy with other things...and taking a year away didn't help much.