Author Topic: Reworking the Voice Actor Casting System, Need suggestions.  (Read 587 times)

strike911

• Mobile Suit Pilot
    • View Profile
Reworking the Voice Actor Casting System, Need suggestions.
« on: August 14, 2006, 08:10:32 PM »
Okay, so I'm trying to come up with some stuff for the new and improved cast tryouts for SoL. I've got everything pretty much set up and written down, and it's going to work a little similar to the way they're doing it over at BtRL's forum. All so we can fill in the rest of our voice actor positions! :)

So why am I writing? we need sample lines for potential actors that are trying out to say and record.

Are their any lines that are very representative of the entire StarFox franchise?

"Do a barrel roll." seems like a good line to get people to record, as does "Hey, Fox, get this guy off me!" Of course, we need to allow for them to use their own voice and creativity, so we don't want to bog them down with lines that would be specific to one or two characters. Does that makes sense?

I'm thinking we need about 4 or 5 lines for the tryouts. Each line would be for something different, for example

>issuing a command to fox
>requesting urgent help
>death scream.
>Excitement
>Sarcasm

something like that.  Of course we'd need to choose the lines for them to say, which is where you guys can suggest stuff if you want. Anyway, I have a few ideas, but I wanted to know what you guys thought, and get some input on what we should get our new applicants to record for us.

AqueousShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 08:24:56 PM »
I think those two generic lines you suggested are good ones. We should come up with lines that fit to very different parts of the character dynamic, from emotive main characters to the plain dogfighter. Even if an actor can imitate a very emotive voice, he needs to be able to control it for calmer lines.
Bosses too.

"You'll never defeat Andross!"
"Geez laweez..."

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 09:19:04 PM »
I just reread what was posted above. I think I know where you are comming from now. How about someone familiar with most of the incarnartions of SF make a main list of chatter?

I see you got a list started for generics (SO I guess I'm rerecording?).

As for "Characters" (the mains/animals) 3-5 of their "catch phrases: should be sufficent for finding the best voice for them.
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty: