Author Topic: Voice files ?  (Read 3349 times)

Wasp

• View Profile
Voice files ?
« on: August 14, 2006, 03:57:51 PM »
Hi,
I just dl'ed the valid multiplayer missions for FS2. I put them in Freespace/Data/Missions. They work fine, and loaded up and are all playable online.

Then I dl'ed the Voices's files that are supposed to go along with the missions. i.e. breifings and debriefings and such.

My questions is, Where do i put those files? I extracted them into the missions folder along with the misionsa I dl'ed. They extracted themselves into 3 seperate folders... Breifing, Debreifing, and Special. But when i play the dl'ed missions, they still have no voice. Am i putting these into the correct folder?

I am running a windows 2000pro machine.
I am using FS2_open_r_20060731 thru the FS2 OPEN launcher 5.3.

Please help if you can, becuase its hard to play in game without hearing the orders from command and such.

If I left out any helpfull info, letme know. I would like to resolve this problem.

Thanks,
Waspy

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Voice files ?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 06:47:21 PM »
The voice files go in Data\Voice surprisingly enough :)

Move those three entire folders into that folder and they should work. (Move the folders themselves. Things might not work if you dump everything directly  in Data\voice

If you don't have a folder by that name already just create it.

castor

• View Profile
    • http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
Voice files ?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 06:47:25 PM »
Put the voice files under corresponding folders under the FreeSpace2/data/voice folder.

Cheers!
Cheers!

Goober5000

• Über Goober
    • View Profile
Voice files ?
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 04:38:49 AM »
I made a VP of the voices so I wouldn't have zillions of files lying around.  Can I upload the VP anywhere?