Author Topic: The Gate-Room (SG1 & General chat)  (Read 8771 times)

Kyra

• View Profile
The Gate-Room (SG1 & General chat)
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 09:40:41 PM »
Quote from: Star Dragon
The Prime Directive or some similar BS...

Didn't stop Oma or Daniel...
"Oh, bother," murmerd Pooh as he chambered another round.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 01:20:28 PM »
Actually if you want an example.. Oma DID stop daniel. Remember he got all furious with Anubis and did the old "Me good you bad, die!" speech and Oma shielded Anubis.

Ancients only got involved or allowed others to get involved at great personal expense (ie, Orlen got brain fried to help witht the plauge and the prior).
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

Kyra

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 08:58:08 PM »
well i was referring to daniel de-ascending; was pretty much all he could do. anyway, it wasnt the rule that stopped him, it was another ancient. but enough splitting hairs; all it takes is one action on the part of Skarra or somebody, to whipe out the ori ships and supergate or something like that. the other ascended ancients cant stop the first action, as long as they are stealthy about it.

also, now that the Ori have cheated with Adria, maybe the Ancients will counter with thier own cheats...
"Oh, bother," murmerd Pooh as he chambered another round.

Blue Lion

• Higonaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 09:17:56 PM »
I'm of the firm belief there are no rules, therefore no cheating. It's like a parent telling their children no "because I said so"

All's fair in love and war yadda yadda yadda.
Suddenly, and without warning, it became a real life game of Hungry Hungry Hippos

varsaigen

• Lord of Shakuras
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 12:15:07 AM »
Quote from: Star Dragon;36809
Here's a guiding thread for people wishing to discuss and debate the Movie or the two Syndicated Television series (StarGate SG1 & StarGate Atlantis). General chat or mod chat also welcome, but whenever possible try to make it relavent to this section of the board.

Flygirl started this off: "ok so there has been a disturbing lack of activity on this board for a long time; and i wanna get the discussion going here, so heres my feeble attempt at a convo starter...

i personally think that the show isn't the same since jack left, but i still like it. it retains many of its old qualities, and i personally love the Ori story arc and all its possibilities. thoughts?"
                                                                __________________
            Hallowed are SG-1

I agree that the departure of RDA (Jack Oniell) has seriously impacted SG1. It is fortunate that the addition of Ben Browder (Mitchell) & Claudi Black (Vala), both from Farscape, has balanced that out somewhat.  Sorta like how Corin Nemek (SP?) - Jonas Quinn, was there to fill the gap of Daniel jackson.

Sure they aren't the same and are by no means replacements, but they work extreamly well together and thus I still find enjoyment from the show.

The Ori are the filler of "biggest bad-ass" since the Goa'uld got galactically nutered. At least for the SG-1 Galaxy. For Pegasus it's the Wraith. Hands down the Ori still win in my book.

Ah, but the series turned out pretty well. I'm sure a lot of people were sad when O'Neil left. Then again, he is getting a bit old. :(
There is a hole, in the sky, through which things can fly.