Author Topic: what happened to fs2netD?  (Read 4601 times)

Caladorn

• Cal_BDHR/FD_Caladorn
    • View Profile
    • http://www.165thbdhr.com
what happened to fs2netD?
« on: June 11, 2006, 07:48:22 PM »
hmmm,  memory run-down,

fs1- good game, really bad multi for  modem players, was laggy extreamelly laggy on 56k to long ago to remember , but that is what i remember of fs1 multi.

fs2-  excellant game (even left room for expantion in single player) fs3 was at least thought of.  multi in fs2-  hmm 1000% difference in multi = modem didnt lag  like b4,  could get player made  missions vallidated-4 multi, and alot of  servers at first when every-one i first met on fs2 was formin there own wing and lookin 4  squad-mates .new feature was squad-war.

something that really didnt e-volve til fs2,  hmm ,squad war=  pain in a##.
  if u were th leader of the squad.  hmm, e-mails,(no-one reads them all ,and its like answering the phone , i hate the phone,lol.  then there was the Rift b-tween the coop fliers & the mission fliers(mostly those on wings-clans, and just normal joe-s lookin  4 the fun of fly-ing).  they never seemed to be able to mesh,  biggest problem with fs2.  

inte-gration of 2 different parties = chaos.   lol  

i was most privalegged,< hmm big word spelled wrong>LOL.
to play both the team based and multi , and found both to be challenging , refreshing  and  best damn experiance i ever had in  a game . (hmm, i been
married 22 yrs, was more fun than that, LOL)

met a guy named fred, and a couple admirals,  best people u could know ,
3 guys that could show u how to play and they were old  timers,  the game
was the rock of the role, for a couple yrs,  more if i had the power to keep it going i would do it.(i should win the power-ball,   oooh  what a server we would have:)

in my time on fs1 & 2 ,   i played alot, joined 5 squads,faught in many SW,
many i wish to for-get, did alot of coop's,(my favorite), and met alot of people from all over the place,  so many places, all overthe USA,Canada,
 Great Britain, Australia,Netherlands,France, , hell most of Europe was there ,
and north america, and some of south america too. including australia and some from asia aaaa9 japanese, phillipines. taiwan.

Hmmmm,  at one time i saw 30 people in the lobby, and there were 52 hosted games on FS2 ,   i remember the lobby, lotsa conversations that would last all night -with breaks for fighting in games- it rocked.

only thing i found disterbing, was there were alot of fueds and diss-agreeing, lotsa fights , some-times the flames in lobby were worse than flames in game,  some-times i think this was ulti-mate downfall of FS2.

i miss the old days- alot.

fs2netD,  is it still around?  it been down a-long time,  registering and  being able to fly,  wanna keep this alive  2 most important things to remmember register and play.  cant do either  we  all die.

Caladorn
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 07:58:26 PM by Caladorn »

Mav

• \'nother Shivan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 08:20:09 PM »
It's supposed to come back. :) The SCP staff is even working on a revival of PXO (i.e. the lobby or whatever), though this might take a while to be finished.
Also, you still can play ip-games (contact me via pm if you like).

So, as the title of a well-known book says, "don't panic". ;)

(though being a long-time FS-fan, I just played my first online-round of FS [yay! :) ]... the mediaVPs made it sort of confusing... I had a few removed an Ancalagon [hope I spelled that right] had all installed... got quite strange, but still was fun :) )
Location: Shivan Fleet, Interstellar Space... now you\'d like to know between WHICH stellar systems, wouldn\'t you? :ha: ;) :devel:

(only joking, of course - estimates are always welcome, though people should know they\'re just that :) )

Taristin

• Rock out! (Cock optional)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.BlueScalie.net
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 12:53:58 AM »
be patient young padawan
This is a signature.

Ancalagon

• View Profile
fs2netD
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 12:36:30 PM »
Well, let's hope they put it online asap...

Wanna play! :D

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 12:52:21 AM »
thread moved

yes, be patient....and post in the correct forum :nervous:

303 Hubertus

• Tailgunner