Author Topic: Windows Vista and FS2  (Read 2470 times)

The Rictus

• Orange Squadron C.O.
    • View Profile
Linux woes
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 07:29:15 PM »
Y I'd like to use Linx a lot more, but having used Windows for a long time I'm finding it difficult to find time to adjust. Plus my job requires carnal knowledge of windows... I must be getting old, can't quite shoehorn in a whole new OS! I mainly want it cos I like using VMWare and there are some great linux-based virtual appliances eg email gateways and monitoring systems...

Linux always interests me, but damn is it tough to get working sometimes. Something that will, so far, always be a winner for Windows is getting the app installed quickly and just getting the hell on with using it! And agreed, the lack of gameage sucks... Interesting WoW did support for Win and OSX but not Linux... Now THAT really might have turned me lol.

FireFly totally rules - Serenity wasn't quite so good. Only a shame Fox pulled it off the TV and no second season :( damned shame. I was quite getting used to cursing in Japanese - it keeps my customers guessing ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Captain Richard \'Rictus\' Williams
Orange Squadron C.O.
Wing Training Officer

Tex Arcana

• Been beyond the Rim
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 05:47:54 PM »
Quote from: The Rictus;50439

FireFly totally rules - Serenity wasn't quite so good. Only a shame Fox pulled it off the TV and no second season :( damned shame. I was quite getting used to cursing in Japanese - it keeps my customers guessing ;)

Yes Firefly rules.
It should never have been given to the crappiest network on Earth (Using the BSG Model would have served the Series much better).
I would argue with you on Serenity.
Let's see...Continuity (check)
Character development (check)
Plot twist (check)
Space Empire in need of a good kick-in-the-pants (check)
Annoying Ninja-Type Assassin (check)
Kick-Ass Sprite of a Super Ninja Chick (check)
Foxy Woman that can handle a gun (check)(and she's single again: Though I liked her Husband's character...)
Evil Mutant-Type Cannibals (check)
Guy with the best Home Entertainment system in the Universe (check)
Robot Love-Slaves (check[Same Guy that has the Entertainment System])
Tough Gun-Slingin' Main Characters (check)
Space-Chases with Combat (check)
Potential Story-Growth (Good, and check)
Overall potential for growth in Plot/Story/Future episodes (excellent) Plot/Story with more to it than gratuitous flash-bang Star Wars BS (check)
The worst part of Serenity is that two good characters "bought it". One of them has a lot of unanswered questions surrounding him...
Oh and PS: They are speaking Chinese, not Japanese (a nod to the influence that the Chinese are going to have in our ever-changing World).
PSS. RIVER TAM COULD KICK NEO'S ASS
It\'s not the Bullet with my name on it that worries me. It\'s the one that says, "To Whom it may concern".

Imperator

• Imperator has conquered!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cylonbase.com/
Windows Vista and FS2
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 06:38:10 PM »
Quote from: The Rictus;50439

A friend of mine living in New Zealand went to a convention and met Summer Glau, they asked her if there would be a second season and she most definitely said yes.

For authenticity here's a picture of my miss-spelled name if you want to see:
"Reality is Cylon technology obviously outstrips our own."

skippy9146

• Need a Oil Change
    • View Profile
Windows Vista and FS2
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 07:01:41 PM »
Cool...:yes:

Unknown Target

• Bitchslapped by BTRL
    • View Profile
Windows Vista and FS2
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 07:13:16 PM »
I hate it whenever people start slagging Windows and always suggest Linux...maybe if I didn't have to practically learn how to write software just to install Linux and get drivers for it, then it might become popular. As it is now, it's incredibly difficult to install, let alone configure.

And I know there are some distros that make it easy, but that's another thing. For someone who doesn't know what they're doing or anything about Linux, how would they know which distro to pick?
If you want your bugs fixed and features added, you gotta get us coders! See the help wanted thread if you want to help out!

skippy9146

• Need a Oil Change
    • View Profile
Windows Vista and FS2
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 07:27:15 PM »
No doubt... seems like there's lots of flavors of Linux.

Closest I've gotten to anything like that is the Unix Core of Mac OSX - which is close enough!