Author Topic: Hacked Tables....  (Read 6093 times)

Rezzy

• View Profile
Hacked Tables....
« on: March 23, 2006, 09:18:36 AM »
Hey I'm new, i followed the instructions on the FAQ but i still keep getting the hacked tables message.

I'm using the following media vps, build and launcher

Launcher 5.3
fs2_open_r-20060306
mv_adveffects
mv_effects
mv_music
mv_models
mv_textures

The media vps are the 3.6.8 versions

I copied and pasted the new tables from the FAQ into my tables folder in data but for some reason i still get the message, any help would be appreciated.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hacked Tables....
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 09:39:23 AM »
You're not doing anything wrong. FS2NetD will give you hacked table warnings with anything other than FS2 Retail tables (e.g the ones in the media VPs).

It means that you can't save your stats but apart from that it won't prevent you from doing anything else.

Rezzy

• View Profile
Hacked Tables....
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 09:51:25 AM »
ahh, thx for the quick reply, stats doesnt matter to me anyway, dont need statistics to make me a good pilot :biggrin1:

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hacked Tables....
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 03:01:09 PM »
When PXO is finally fixed and brought back online it should be possible to save stats using FS2_Open too though :)

Road_Dancer

• View Profile
Hacked Tables....
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 03:53:15 PM »
Any idea when that could be? This year? Next year? When it's frelling ready? :D
Flight Officer Abraham Bishop
212th Strike Wing - \'Nexus\' Squadron
Based on the GTD Asgard of the 8th Fleet

Linkel

• View Profile
Hacked Tables....
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 04:51:06 PM »
PXO?  Thats great news, I just wanna play some FS2, I can't be arsed to mess about with the data files, so I'll leave the MVP's where they are.  I hope peeps are not too anal about hacked tables :)

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
Hacked Tables....
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 07:06:22 PM »
delete MV_Core.vp  (or move to another folder if you really value the contents of it, I have never used it so I dont see why you would keep it if you just wanted to play multi.) It is the vp that contains the modified tables.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hacked Tables....
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 10:07:47 PM »
Stop telling people to delete mv_core. It's really fucking bad advice.

If you install the media VPs to another folder you can turn them all off with a single mouse click in the launcher whenever you want to play multi.

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
Hacked Tables....
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 12:07:38 AM »
what makes MV_Core such a vital VP? I have uses SCP a lot lately, and i have no problems AT ALL.

Quote from: karajorma
When PXO is finally fixed and brought back online it should be possible to save stats using FS2_Open too though :)

If they validate FS2 Open tables, the new pxo isnt gunna be fun at all, those tables are cheap as hell. Theres nothing wrong with the 1.2 tables... and you cant have 2 different sets of tables valid, because it will make it appear as some people better then others when they arent, it will make the game play on multi lame. So validating those tables is a bad idea kara.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 12:14:07 AM by [dw]-hunter »

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hacked Tables....
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 01:19:55 AM »
Quote from: '[dw
-hunter']what makes MV_Core such a vital VP? I have uses SCP a lot lately, and i have no problems AT ALL.

Deleting mv_core is idiotic because mv_effects, mv_models and mv_adveffects all contain modular table files. Deleting mv_core achieves nothing at all (not even removal of the hacked tables message due to the above mentioned tbms) and removes the source of several very useful fixes (Turret animation fixes, the HTL jump node, art required for rearming several ships at a time) which you could otherwise use in singleplayer.

As I have said countless times the correct solution is to stick the media VPs in their own folder and run FS2_Open + Media VPs as a mod except when playing multiplayer games.

If they validate FS2 Open tables, the new pxo isnt gunna be fun at all, those tables are cheap as hell.

And that's just wrong. The media VPs don't alter weapon damage AT ALL. This is the second time I've told you this in as many days and yet you still continue to state it. I went through every single .tbm in the 3.6.7 media VPs and I failed to spot a single change to the damage, range or reload rate of anything.

If you're going to continue to make that claim you'd better back it up with something other than anecdotal evidence.

Theres nothing wrong with the 1.2 tables... and you cant have 2 different sets of tables valid, because it will make it appear as some people better then others when they arent, it will make the game play on multi lame. So validating those tables is a bad idea kara.

Yet again you're attempting to hold back FS2_Open to preserve your 1999 world. Stop it. There are several possible solutions even if your original supposition that there are differences in the tables had been correct in the first place.

If you don't understand how something in FS2_Open works just ask and I'll be more than happy to explain how. But offering poor advice helps no one especially as your opinion will carry more weight now that you're moderator for this forum.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 01:27:13 AM by karajorma »

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
Hacked Tables....
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 09:36:36 AM »
Yet again you're attempting to hold back FS2_Open to preserve your 1999 world. Stop it. There are several possible solutions even if your original supposition that there are differences in the tables had been correct in the first place.

If you don't understand how something in FS2_Open works just ask and I'll be more than happy to explain how. But offering poor advice helps no one especially as your opinion will carry more weight now that you're moderator for this forum.

I have nothing against SCP... I just dont want to see gameplay be sacrificed for the efficiency of newbies. The reason why i think the tables are modified and cheap is the stats in the game... 10 Hull damage for kayser? wtf is that? thats hella cheap! 3 hits with that and your dead, no skill required. Thats where I get the idea that the SCP tables are dumb to validate, you cant argue with the fact that 10 hull damage isnt cheap either, I know you know that. But if thats old statistics that was hard coded into the build and the weapons table is just about identicle to 1.2 tables then yeah I dont see why you wouldnt validate them...

The whole moderator thing... did not i relize i was one til you told me... but since I am, im going to have to set a role model now arent I? :pimp:

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hacked Tables....
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 09:59:39 AM »
Quote from: '[dw
-hunter']I have nothing against SCP... I just dont want to see gameplay be sacrificed for the efficiency of newbies. The reason why i think the tables are modified and cheap is the stats in the game... 10 Hull damage for kayser? wtf is that? thats hella cheap! 3 hits with that and your dead, no skill required.

Where in hell are you getting that figure from! I can't see it anywhere in my tables. Which version of the media VPs are you using? The SCP make it a point to not change gameplay or unbalance anything. If you've found a bug or an incorrect entry in recent versions of the tables then say where and it will get fixed.

But if thats old statistics that was hard coded into the build and the weapons table is just about identicle to 1.2 tables then yeah I dont see why you wouldnt validate them...

I don't think any alternative damage levels were ever coded into any build. It would be pretty stupid to do that as it completely ignores the point of having table files in the first place.

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
Hacked Tables....
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 10:15:38 AM »
I don't think any alternative damage levels were ever coded into any build. It would be pretty stupid to do that as it completely ignores the point of having table files in the first place.

No no not the actual damage statistics, im saying the display ratings in the briefing, It says 10 hull damage for kayser... go look for yourself

Road_Dancer

• View Profile
Hacked Tables....
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 10:32:08 AM »
The damage listings in the tech room are not related to actual damage caused in the game.
I've just had a look myself, and the damage listings for the Kayser is:
Name            damage    hull      shields
retail Kayser     28      28.00    25.20
SCP Kayser       28     28.00    25.20

To put that into perspective - the subach has a damage rating of 15 - Hull 13.5 - Shields 10.5

If I wanted, I could change one line in the table that would say a subach caused 52 damage in the Tech Rooms, but that wouldn't change the in-game damage.

Additional - The 'dog fight' version of the Kayser is also reduced in damage to damage - 28, shield - 16.8, hull -16.8. A number of other weapons are also nerfed, so the play balance in Multi is likely different to single player.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 10:38:35 AM by Road_Dancer »
Flight Officer Abraham Bishop
212th Strike Wing - \'Nexus\' Squadron
Based on the GTD Asgard of the 8th Fleet

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hacked Tables....
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 01:01:43 PM »
As Road Dancer says those won't make any difference to the gameplay. I'll take a look see if anyone has changed them back to what they should be later though :)