Author Topic: A few questions from a Newb (me)  (Read 2489 times)

Road_Dancer

• View Profile
A few questions from a Newb (me)
« on: March 21, 2006, 10:42:06 AM »
Hi there,
I'm an old time Freespace player, but never played online. Having finally turned back to the stack of games to re-play, and fishing out FS2, I decided to dig around on the Interwebtron, and lo', to my surprise and delight, Freespace 2 SCP! I'm in the process of getting a Squadron together

So, I'll installed that, and it seems to be fine, but I'd really like to try some online gaming. Now, I understand that FS2Net is down at the mo', which would explain the failure to connect, but I've also seen rumblings about PXO being re-started.

Now, the main reasons for this post; is there a currently running game server; failing that, is there anyone how would be around and willing to fly with or against a GMT timezone newb? I would like to run the MediaVPs tables if possible, I've the installed 3.67 from the SCP homepage. Secondly, are there any other tips you SCP old hands have? If appropriate, I'll make a new thread for answers elsewhere.

Thanks in Advance
Flight Officer Abraham Bishop
212th Strike Wing - \'Nexus\' Squadron
Based on the GTD Asgard of the 8th Fleet

DW-TNT78

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 02:49:12 PM »
Hey Road dance have a look at this post:
http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1852

Road_Dancer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 04:53:13 PM »
Yeh, that's what I'd like to get involved in, I think I've got enough peeps interested to get a Squadron together, I'd just like to know how I go about getting some multi-player action going.
I've noticed that some people don't like the idea of playing with the MediaVP tables, so I'm basically looking for tips, recommended file sets, and opponents until I can get my Squadron up and out there in the Black...
Flight Officer Abraham Bishop
212th Strike Wing - \'Nexus\' Squadron
Based on the GTD Asgard of the 8th Fleet

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 07:21:37 PM »
each team is two players, so match up with the best pilot you can. :) I will make a page to place applications on a subsite of freespacezone. and we see how many aplicants we get :)