Author Topic: fs2open_pxo.cfg  (Read 5077 times)

Keleus

• Putinfilaĉo
    • View Profile
fs2open_pxo.cfg
« on: March 16, 2006, 04:01:29 AM »
I am aware that FS2NetD is currently down and on the way back up. Will the contents of fs2open_pxo.cfg need to be changed? The current contents of mine is:

That correct?

BTW, first time on the forums (and hopefully online in FS2 soon). Using the latest CVS of SCP (moving the media vps elsewhere for multiplayer, will that avoid "hacked tables")... that should be compatible from what I gather...

Look forward to venting some derelicts :drevil:

oh, and bow down before the power of my witty sig :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 04:12:09 AM by Keleus »
keleus@epicenter.groundzero:~$ fortune -lo > $FORUM/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=$OPENTHREAD

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
fs2open_pxo.cfg
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 10:33:09 AM »
The config is the same as the one in my mv_core.vp so it seems correct.

If you use a mediavps folder as I suggest in my installation guide (in my FAQ) you don't need to keep moving your media VPs just to play online.

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
fs2open_pxo.cfg
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 05:50:12 PM »
Delete MV_Core, and you wont have "Hacked Tables"... to my knowledge mv_core is just extra stuff that isnt neccessary to play FS2.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
fs2open_pxo.cfg
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 08:25:38 PM »
He absolutely should not delete mv_core. It would probably cause all kinds of problems when running SCP games using the media VPs. It also wouldn't work as there are tables in other media VPs

Installing properly is the answer. Using a mediavps folder allows you to play FS2 online using the original VPs and nothing else and then swap to full FS2_Open with media VPs working just by clicking the mouse a few times in the launcher. Repeatedly moving and deleting files is just a waste of time in comparison.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 08:36:54 PM by karajorma »

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
fs2open_pxo.cfg
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 07:12:32 PM »
i never had mv_core and scp works just fine for me

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
fs2open_pxo.cfg
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 12:39:18 AM »
Do you have any of the other media VPs?

DuncanF

• View Profile
fs2open_pxo.cfg
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 03:42:15 AM »
Is it possible to play IP games with the media VPs, and the most recent CVS Build, or do i still need to deactivate the vps and download the updated multiplayer engine?

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
fs2open_pxo.cfg
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 09:17:11 AM »
With the media VPs you'll get a hacked tables message and you won't be able to save your pilots stats. If you (and those you play with) don't care much about that then you won't have any problems :)

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
fs2open_pxo.cfg
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 09:40:02 PM »
Quote from: karajorma
Do you have any of the other media VPs?

I have everything BUT mv_core.vp :p

And kara, hacked tables is a big problem, it gives the person with the hacked tables the stats of what the hacked tables have, SCP tables gives the weapons more damage, so, i dont play with people with hacked tables.

Quote from: DuncanF
Is it possible to play IP games with the media VPs, and the most recent CVS Build, or do i still need to deactivate the vps and download the updated multiplayer engine?

Regaurdless of what you play on, most likely the other player is not going to have MV_Core, and MV_Core just makes the game hella easy anyways. And who wants easy?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 09:43:17 PM by [dw]-hunter »

Keleus

• Putinfilaĉo
    • View Profile
fs2open_pxo.cfg
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 07:42:08 AM »
I wonder why we don't all just use the newer tables, and fix the program code to stop nagging us about it. But that's not my decision.

Any idea when FSNetD will be back up (if ever)?
keleus@epicenter.groundzero:~$ fortune -lo > $FORUM/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=$OPENTHREAD

Wanderer

• Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
fs2open_pxo.cfg
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 07:57:33 AM »
I have only played with 'hacked tables' against people who use 'hacked tables'... as long as you play just to have fun then you should be able to trust all those who are playing against you (that they wont cheat). And even if they do cheat its their own shame.

And as I really dont give a **** about the multiplayer standings so why would I bother to play with 'authenticated' tables that are not reported as hacked tables?

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
fs2open_pxo.cfg
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 02:05:50 AM »
Quote from: Keleus
I wonder why we don't all just use the newer tables, and fix the program code to stop nagging us about it.

Like i just said, the new tables are cheap. kaysers kill in 3 shots, which is god damn lame, it takes ATLEAST 10 tempists to kill a person, it should take about 10-15 shots with kayser. 3 just makes the game boring, THATS why we dont use the new tables.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
fs2open_pxo.cfg
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 10:18:35 AM »
You know, Just cause you keep saying that doesn't make it true you know.

The media VPs use tbm files which don't alter the damage at all.