Author Topic: Site Files  (Read 33879 times)

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/
Site Files
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2004, 09:35:28 PM »
Just put back up at:
http://freespaceserver.cjb.net/files/
Happy downloading people and I hope you choose to stick around!

Striker

• View Profile
Site Files
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2004, 09:42:28 PM »
Wow that was quick. Thanks a lot. And I definitely will stick around.

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Site Files
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2004, 12:03:46 AM »
Man, the connection really gets choked really fast for bandwidth whenever I put up the files for public download. There is something like 18 people (or at least different IP addresses) downloading right now. If the site seems slow, thats probably why :) . I diddnt realize that there were that many people who wanted files from this site...

I am removing the files from download in a little more than 28 hours because I dont want this to affect the hosted sections too badly.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 12:06:22 AM by MatthewPapa »

OmegaUltima

• View Profile
    • http://ultimaworks.com
Site Files
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2004, 03:41:55 AM »
Heh. I dont think its kind of fun downloading at 1k. But I haven't noticed the forum or the hosted sites going slow.

If you find and IP adress of 220. ***.***.** its probably me. I've got getright downloading it and its saying it could take all friggin week.

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Site Files
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2004, 02:44:42 PM »
Damn, this bandwidth usage is rediculous. I diddnt realize that there are so many friking people downloaing. I think the main problem is that there are people that have multiple downloads going at one time. You guys are lucky I am on vacation so I cant pull the plug :) . As soon as I get home though I am going to shut it down for a while. I highly suggest  you use download managers when downloading.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Site Files
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2004, 12:41:21 AM »
MY GOD!  This is worse then when I had 56k? It's taking my cable modem forever to browse the site, it locked up three times when I tried ot reply normally here! tryign quick reply to see if it goes through faster... NOT FUN! Gonna check the site only 1/day now till it speeds up... L8tr
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Site Files
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2004, 01:21:52 AM »
Allright, thats the last straw. I have now received multiple complaints from project leaders about and the problem is too big to simply ignore anymore. As soon as I get home (which should be early tommorow if I get to the airport on time) I will reset the downloads section. You will have to request permission again by posting a request for access in this thread. You can go ahead and get a head start in line by requesting to be placed in line right now.

This bandwidth usage is simply outrageous. Now there are 24 different IP addresses connected currently and most of them are downloading 5 or more files at once. I guess thats too much for even a 10 mb/s fiber optic line to handle. Server should be a lot faster once the new downlaod system is fully in place though. The reason I dont totally abandon downloads completely is because Game Warden is the last place on the web (besides p2p) that people can download the Freespace ISO's. More details will be posted on this issue are decided.....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 03:25:32 AM by MatthewPapa »

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Site Files
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2004, 10:05:11 PM »
SITE FILES HAVE BEEN RESET,
REQUEST A PLACE IN LINE TO DOWNLOAD FILES.

I have now received multiple complaints from project leaders about the lack of bandwidth due to people downloading the Freespace ISO files. The files section has now been reset and you will now have to ask for a place in line in the thread (at the bottom of this message) to download the files. I am doing this now because the last time I checked there where 24 different IP's connected with most of them downloading 3 or more files at once. This was simply killing my connection bandwidth to where people had difficulty browsing the site and forums so I was forced to put some sort of organization in place. A bandwidth limiting system will be put in later on but for now request a place in line. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Request a spot in line at this thread.

OmegaUltima

• View Profile
    • http://ultimaworks.com
Site Files
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2004, 10:07:20 PM »
Crud, I was only 30 minutes away from finishing my download :P. Heh, can you please give me the link to the files again.

Though I went around this forum several times I didn't notice any delay. But it was probably because I already was streaming something from here. We are going to have to get either a limiter (lets say 10 people at a time) or you'll have to redistribute the iso's to other sites.

\\\PM and link sent. Link expires in 4 days.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 10:13:09 PM by MatthewPapa »

Eiyo

• View Profile
Site Files
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2004, 04:17:22 AM »
Hi, I'd like to request a place in the line to download as well.

I've been putting off getting FS 2 for so long now, even though I was a big fan of the original... and downloading the HotU version months ago, I never even looked in the zip file. And now it seems that this is the only way for me to get the full version of the game.

So... yeah, I'd love to download the iso's to help me enjoy the full game throughly.

\\Thanks for the request. PM's will be on sent when it is you turn in line. Should be pretty soon as you are one of the first to request a download. Check back here soon.

\\\PM and link sent. Link expires in 4 days.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 04:30:21 AM by MatthewPapa »

Cap'n Mookie

• View Profile
Hiya
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2004, 04:19:05 AM »
i am requesting stu_fs2.vp, and all other files eventually... i run on a very slow modem so hopefully you won't miss the 2kb of bandwidth, i have tried to find the files on a p2p network but haven't had any luck... i'd appreciate the link to download the file/s or any help on where else i may find them, thanks

\\Thanks for the request. PM's will be on sent when it is you turn in line. Should be pretty soon as you are one of the first to request a download. Check back here soon.

\\\PM and link sent. Link expires in 3 days.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 04:30:39 AM by MatthewPapa »

Cap'n Mookie

• View Profile
thanks
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2004, 04:39:29 AM »
thanks a bunch, i am really grateful

\\No problem, hope you stick around!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 01:12:24 AM by MatthewPapa »

Darkside_Heartless

• View Profile
Site Files
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2004, 10:11:12 PM »
Hate to be a pain, but could I get the FS2 ISO's?
  Thanks in advance :)

\\PM and link sent. Link expires in 2 days.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 10:20:33 PM by MatthewPapa »

SkyNet

• View Profile
    • http://www.ila-fansubs.com
Site Files
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2004, 02:14:58 AM »
Requesting a link to download FreeSpace 2 ISO's.

\\Thanks for the request. PM's will be on sent when it is you turn in line. Check back here soon because I dont think it will be that long.

\\PM and link sent. Link expires in 2 days.

EDIT: Hosting a bittorrent of these files would be alot more efficient, and my bandwidth could actually help out. If you need help such as making the torrents or a tracker to host them on, I can provide both, although the tracker I would provide should be thought of as a temporary solution.

\\Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to do some research into that. I appreciate you wanting to help out. I just PM'd you with the download information.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 03:50:24 AM by MatthewPapa »
AMD Duron 750Mhz
512MB PC-133 CAS2.5 RAM
Nvidia GeForce 2 Pro 64MB
Maxtor 53073H6 29GiB 7200rpm  ATA/100
Sound Blaster Live CT4830
D-Link DFE-530TX+ 10/100 NIC
D-Link DWL-G520 Rev.A
Slackware 10.0

Xshade

• View Profile
Site Files
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2004, 12:48:53 PM »
Hello, may I please get the Freespace 2 iso's ?  Thank you very much for your hard work and dedication. ;)

\\I appreciate your thanks :)

\\Thanks for the request. PM's will be on sent when it is you turn in line. Check back here soon because I dont think it will be that long. Hope you enjoy Freespace 2!

\\PM's sent

« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 01:13:38 AM by MatthewPapa »