Author Topic: Episode 219/220 !!Warning Soilers!!  (Read 12940 times)

Sulda

• View Profile
Episode 219/220 !!Warning Soilers!!
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2006, 04:06:42 PM »
Quote from: Dukeman42
Oh yeah...the episode itself was great...what is UP with Tyrol?!

If you were frakkin some hot asian chick and then found out she was the enemy and was havin a kid by your boss..  I think you'd be a might screwed up in the head too. :nod:

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2006, 08:14:35 PM »
Quote from: StarSlayer
Karajorma aren't you part of the mod team? If anybody is going to still be able to get thier BSG fix it is the team.  The rest of us must cruise the forum looking for content to oggle at.

Notice that I didn't say that watching Dr Who was my only possible source of consolation  ;)

evilotto

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2006, 10:34:09 PM »
Starslayer--"I think RDM is saving all the heavy fracking content for the hour and a half. I wouldn't be surprized if were going to be knocked off are seats by the second part... Hopefully"

I tend to agree,if you remember the end of season 1 ,That was something shocking that I really was not expecting,so be prepared for something.

Dukeman42

• The voice in your head
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2006, 11:39:09 PM »
Quote from: ngtm1r
Random realization: the Raptors did not exit a jump at high speed in Caprica's atmosphere. That was gravity and aerodynamics taking over.

RDM would have done better just to have the Raptor that got lost on that jump emerge over the mountain and slam into the ground before the pilot could compensate; the current explanation doesn't really hold vacuum.

It does if an FTL jump isn't actually a movement THROUGH space...but more of a sub-space point-to-point travel (quickest way from A to B is not a straight line, but folding space over on itself?)...okay, so, yes, Faster Than Light implies some sort of linear travel.  But you have to admit, that a sub-space point-to-point jump IS faster than travelling at the speed of light.  If this were the case, then a jump would be calculated based on a beginning point and an ending point...in which case, plotting a point that intercepted a body like a planet (or mountain) could be possible.

Especially in the world of FICTION, where ships have GRAVITY and ships travel through space with their engines CONSTANTLY on, I say it is believable
(if you, as the audience, do your part and suspend your disbelief)

timbo1138

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2006, 02:58:09 AM »
Ooh, yes, the new Doctor Who is excellent, especially if you're familiar with the old series.
Unfortunately I've already seen it so I must suffer my withdrawl without that consolation
Don't worry, man, season 2 kicks off in May sometime. :D David Tennant is probably even better than Eccleston, he's great.

It does if an FTL jump isn't actually a movement THROUGH space...but more of a sub-space point-to-point travel (quickest way from A to B is not a straight line, but folding space over on itself?)...okay, so, yes, Faster Than Light implies some sort of linear travel. But you have to admit, that a sub-space point-to-point jump IS faster than travelling at the speed of light. If this were the case, then a jump would be calculated based on a beginning point and an ending point...in which case, plotting a point that intercepted a body like a planet (or mountain) could be possible.
Yeah, made perfect sense to me. Anyone seen the Star Trek The Next Generation epsiode called (coincidentaly) Pegasus? With the ship stuck inside the rock? Well it's just like that, basically. :p
"There must be some way outta here,
Said the joker to the thief.
There\'s too much confusion,
I can\'t get no relief..."

All of this has happened before...

WMCoolmon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2006, 07:44:10 AM »
You're going on a covert operation...
Way, way, behind enemy lines...
To a planet that's been completely overrun...
You're taking insane risks to get under the radar...

...And yet you don't even bother to switch off your transponders.

I mean...come on.:p

MAIA

• N/A
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2006, 05:47:30 PM »
Grawwwwlll, the oracle has forseen the future :

[SPOILER]
hmmm, Laura will cheat on the elections and she will lose.
I see Baltar becoming president and Laura going back to work as a teacher.
I see the ones to be rescued safe and in peace with the rest of the fleet.
I see a copy of the priest, he will uphold a new religion, the cylon religion. Many will believe.
I see humans settleing on the new planet for a year, some will become sick, lack of medicine.
I see a #6 blowing up colonial one with a nuke, and cylons taking notice.
I see both #6 and #8 offering peace, cylons will invade the new found planet. BSG and BSP will escape and leave many behind.
I see the god of the cylons taking form, he looks like .... he looks like ... oh well, batteries are gone :p
[/SPOILER]

;)

MAIA

evilotto

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2006, 10:05:56 PM »
Ah,Maia I was really hoping to see who was that last one:)

darkjedi007

• Master of the Force :O!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2006, 05:13:49 AM »
Quote from: WMCoolmon
You're going on a covert operation...
Way, way, behind enemy lines...
To a planet that's been completely overrun...
You're taking insane risks to get under the radar...

...And yet you don't even bother to switch off your transponders.

I mean...come on.:p

good point, didn't notice that. i did however notice that the marine uniforms changed from black while inside the raptor to green while planetside

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2006, 12:24:02 AM »
Alpha Flight! This is leader. Dradis detects BSG season finale inbound!  Weapons are free, stay tight and remember to hold onto your fracking lug nuts!
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dukeman42

• The voice in your head
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2006, 02:17:34 AM »
T-MINUS 40 MINUTES AND COUNTING.

Paladin1607

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2006, 02:21:36 AM »
"i wish more of them were like this, in real life."

Then you want psychiatrists, not priests. :p

Call me old fashioned but faith should be the corner stone of a priest's life, not a lack of it. :lol:

Stockwell has an interesting character though, but I doubt he's as 'unbelieving' as he appears to be.

RCgothic

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2006, 02:46:56 AM »
i just heard a rumour that they hadn't been able to secure Edward James Olmos for Season 3... :(

Dukeman42

• The voice in your head
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2006, 02:54:46 AM »
T-MINUS SEVEN MINUTES...

As for EJ Olmos...that rumor has come up so many times the past two seasons...I wouldn't worry about it.  IF he weren't around for S3, we would have heard about it publicly by now...filming begins in a little over a month.

Dukeman42

• The voice in your head
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2006, 03:04:00 AM »
CLOUD 9....NO!!!!!