Author Topic: Episode 219/220 !!Warning Soilers!!  (Read 12928 times)

swiss gripen

• Major \"Lightning\" Bailey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/swissgripen
Episode 219/220 !!Warning Soilers!!
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 05:15:42 PM »
anyone care to do a summary of the ep, for us poor souls in the uk
BAILEY:hoppingma

Major Simon “Lightning” Bailey
Commander of Air Group 58th viper air group
Battlestar Galactica BSG-75

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 06:12:05 PM »
Synopsis
3 Major Plot Lines
1)  Kara is going to rescue her boy
utilizing 17 Raptors and the CMC by integrating the Heavy Raider FTL computer and Sharon they can now mak the jumps required to get to Caprica with Raptors.  One of the Raptors misjumps on the first leg and ends up finding a habitable planet that because of the nebula around it can't be scanned by Dradis. The rest of the Raptors make it two Caprica(well one comes out of FTL in the middle of a mountain:eek2:  and meet up with Anders&Crew.  They start getting the shit shelled out of them...

2)  Prez Elections
Roslin has been wiping the mat with Baltar.  His only finger hold has been the religious issue.  But the refuge planet gives him the boost he needs to make it a close race. He advocates settlment as opposed to going to earth.  Roslin thinks it stupid but it resonates with the fleet...

3)  Tyrol Loses IT!
When Callie startles him out of these nightmares he has been having he beats her face in.  He is getting Counseling with this Priest(Dean Stockwell) who is borderline aethesist.  Reveals that Tyrol wants to kill himself and is in fear of being a Cylon Sleeper...
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 07:35:28 PM »
I'm glad they explained Tyrol's rampage. I was almost afraid it was gonna be like, "No seriously, she needs the **** beat outta her once in a while. If she didnt like it she wouldn't come back now would she?" :P

I was modding at the time and only listening halfway through the episode, so friggen RaceTrack found the planet huh? Good for her...

I hope they can get the civillians off Caprica. Looks like all hell has broken loose. As for the presidential Campaign I don't really care who wins. Roslin turned me off when she got rid of Sharon's baby by forced adoption and claiming it died (friggen lier). "Yeah thanks for curing my cancer.." (bitch). As for cyber sex Gaius Baltar... Waste of an orgasim, nuff said. :D

I'd rather vote for dead sleeper agent Billy! har har...
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

evilotto

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 08:29:48 PM »
Ow man,I'm downloading that ep now,only half done grrrr ...faster dammit!
...after watching this Ep,all it did was get me in the mood for the next ,last ep.That was cool finding that new planet, oh ya and the guy from Quantum leap playing the priest was good.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 03:14:23 AM by evilotto »

ngtm1r

• \"Guns\", Galactica
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2006, 12:25:32 AM »
It was interesting to see that Cylons didn't just go with the "heavy infantry horde" route and instead bothered with at least some of the other implements of ground warfare, like artillery. And that was artillery. No mortar sounds like that. Makes a nice change from most scifi.

Anybody else notice that about half the troopers had those grenade-launcher-type things that Sharon used on the Centurions on Kobol? They came prepared to deal with armored toasters this time.

EDIT: Another question. Where the heck did they get 20-odd Raptors from?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 01:47:08 AM by ngtm1r »
Yea verily, though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am piloting I house-sized mass of "**** you." (With apologies to Peptuck)

Denevive

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2006, 06:09:16 AM »
I'm going to jump out on a ledge here and say "Hmmm.... the Beast (Pegasus) probably has a crapload of raptors, and with the ability to manufacture more, why not use them?"

One thing I noticed about the episode: I had no idea that Mark VII vipers were so much BIGGER than Mark IIs. (You can really notice the difference when Callie is walking through the hanger at the beginning of the ep.)

Turambar

• Hand of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2006, 03:07:39 PM »
best.preacher.ever

i wish more of them were like this, in real life.
the world would be happier

stingray

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2006, 08:26:28 PM »
Yeah, the preacher and the doc/surgeon must have gone to the same school of thought. :biggrin1:

So when does season 3 start? :cool1:

timbo1138

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 04:57:33 AM »
Not to be blasphemous, but that was the FIRST standard ending I've seen from BSG yet...I dunno, just, the whole 'explosions all around us what do we do'...it lacked the tension it should have had, and felt more like a to be continued ending from star trek or stargate rather than BSG...
Yeah, I'm kind of in agreement. It was a little generic, and in fact the whole epsiode seemed to race past without much hugely interesting stuff (unlike Kobol's Last Gleaming pt 1, which was excellent) but I do have the feeling that big things are to come in part 2. It wasn't the best epsisode, but I think most of that comes from feeling very unfinished. It wasn't even much of a cliffhanger, it was more just stopping halfway through the story, which I guess is unavoidable sometimes.

The whole show was worth it for that shot of the Raptors hitting the atmosphere, though, that rocked hard. Zoic, you've done it again.

best.preacher.ever
Nah, Sheperd Book is still my favourite. ;) That dude was cool, though. Very interesting outlook and way of going about things. That's what I love about BSG, there's always something very unorthadox and unexpected, and in this ep, he was it.
"There must be some way outta here,
Said the joker to the thief.
There\'s too much confusion,
I can\'t get no relief..."

All of this has happened before...

Inkthinker

• I drawr pitchers!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2006, 05:20:32 AM »
Quote from: Denevive

One thing I noticed about the episode: I had no idea that Mark VII vipers were so much BIGGER than Mark IIs. (You can really notice the difference when Callie is walking through the hanger at the beginning of the ep.)

So it wasn't just me that saw a huge scale difference in the Vipers. I thought it might have just been the angle, but yeah... the VII looked easily twice the size of the II.

Draco429

• \"Eclipse\" Draco
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2006, 05:59:02 AM »
Wasn't last friday supposed to be the 90 minute special? I guess ep 20 is this week instead?
せいれんとかえります。できます。いたします。
Return with Honor. I can. I will.
-Eclipse

Inkthinker

• I drawr pitchers!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2006, 08:07:17 AM »
Nope, this coming Friday (the... 10th, I believe) is the finale of BSG S2. Should air at 10PM, 1AM Sat, and sometime again the following Monday.

Season 3 is greenlit and should air sometime in late summer, if they hold true to course. In the meantime, we get the new Dr. Who series in the BSG timeslot, which I hear is a pretty good show... they say it's the best Who since Baker.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2006, 10:15:49 AM »
Quote from: Inkthinker
Season 3 is greenlit and should air sometime in late summer, if they hold true to course. In the meantime, we get the new Dr. Who series in the BSG timeslot, which I hear is a pretty good show... they say it's the best Who since Baker.

Well that should take some of the sting out of it for you guys. Dr Who rocks!!!! :D

Unfortunately I've already seen it so I must suffer my withdrawl without that consolation.

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2006, 01:52:33 PM »
Karajorma aren't you part of the mod team? If anybody is going to still be able to get thier BSG fix it is the team.  The rest of us must cruise the forum looking for content to oggle at.  You guys still get nicoret gum we gotta go cold turkey:shaking:
Even though a lot of people have been griping about the ending of this show but its only the 1st half of the season finale.  I think RDM is saving all the heavy fracking content for the hour and a half.  I wouldn't be surprized if were going to be knocked off are seats by the second part... Hopefully
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ngtm1r

• \"Guns\", Galactica
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2006, 02:43:35 PM »
Random realization: the Raptors did not exit a jump at high speed in Caprica's atmosphere. That was gravity and aerodynamics taking over.

RDM would have done better just to have the Raptor that got lost on that jump emerge over the mountain and slam into the ground before the pilot could compensate; the current explanation doesn't really hold vacuum.
Yea verily, though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am piloting I house-sized mass of "**** you." (With apologies to Peptuck)