Author Topic: Episode 219/220 !!Warning Soilers!!  (Read 12930 times)

timbo1138

• View Profile
Episode 219/220 !!Warning Soilers!!
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2006, 09:41:58 AM »
Yeah, it's definitely better when you see it a second time and can better judge it without being completely overwhelmed with surprise and confusion. I reckon after a 3rd time (which I'm saving for a couple of weeks from now, when some friends and I are having a marathon of the second half of season 2 :D), I'll be right on board with it.

The plot for the Singer pilot is certainly interesting to read. There certainly are some similarities, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see more elements of it working their way into season 3, like the factional disputes amongst the Cylons, and the opposing ideas of being more human versus being the perfect machines. I could definitely see them going down that road, and I'd really like it.
"There must be some way outta here,
Said the joker to the thief.
There\'s too much confusion,
I can\'t get no relief..."

All of this has happened before...

MAIA

• N/A
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2006, 11:37:06 AM »
Yeap, it was firefly. Although it wasn't "cancelled" in favour of firefly, firefly was the show replacing the galactica that almost was.

Btw, i get you Milosz, not a replacement in a strict sense of the word, but firefly was made because DeSanto's galactica was shut down.

After watching the last episode i had a dejavu feeling and head towards cylon.org, because i knew i had seen a similar plot somewhere else. Will RDM explore more of DeSanto's ideas ? It would be great if he would, i see both of them as some of the best in the scifi scene.

MAIA

ChromeViking

• Callsign: LiveWire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2006, 02:39:45 PM »
Did anyone else wonder what happend to Tom Zarin?  After succeeding to power woulden't Baltar have made him Vice President?  Or at least kept him around as a Presidential aide?  Tom always struck me as a somewhat voice of reason in Baltar's ear... arrogant, self serving, egotistical voice of reason, but reason none the less.

Just imagine how Baltar's mind must have snapped.  Not only is he responsible for the original fall of the colonies but now he's also responsible for the second fall of humanity and the occupation of New Caprica.

I'm also wondering why so many dedicated military men and women would abandon their posts with 3 hots and a cot for a cold, damp, rather unappealing looking camp?  It's been my experience that piolets live for flying, they would rather soar the skies than pound the mud.  What will happen to them once their back in space?  If they resigned then they've lost their seniority to junior officers like Duala, will she stay the Pegasus XO once their are more experience officers back on duty?

These are the things I think of when bored. :)
Major. Paul "LiveWire" Achilles
Commanding Officer, (431) Blue Squadron
Colonial Flight Demonstration Team

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2006, 04:44:08 PM »
Quote from: MAIA
Will RDM explore more of DeSanto's ideas ? It would be great if he would, i see both of them as some of the best in the scifi scene.

MAIA

As long as they don't destroy a Basestar with a big glob of Ice:confused1  that is way to Deus Ex for my taste.  Also I am hoping the military got stripped becuase of the "Baltar Doctrine" and not voluntarily otherwise they deserve to get placed under Cylon control.  Live on a fracking mud ball in tents, Gods no :no: stay in the nice warm, clean and relatively disease free battlestar fine thank you.:yes:
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Destructor!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2006, 01:30:17 AM »
Yeah, I agree, StarSlayer...
That DeSanto pilot was a bit... well, it didn't stand up to the standard calibre of BSG_R.

Can't say I loved episode 20 either. 19 wasn't super, but was far from bad. Very Firefly seeing colonial 1 on the surface like that.

There was a surreal quality to everything after Baltar fell asleep that really didn't gel. In fact, the strandard of both episodes didn't match up to previous stories. At first, everything was surreally straightforward, and then the twist from hell came along, with extreme surreality... I think it may be a dream sequence, but not Baltar's... Roslyn's. Just a gut feeling I have.

And to the people sighting Star Trek links to the Peg, yeah, there have been a lot of stylistic nods to RDM's old show there. Particularly the doors. They have the IDtags on them, and the start of the sound effect sounds exactly like the heavier doors in TNG/Voyager ie - holodeck, shuttle/cargobay... not to mention the shape of the Peg doors being similar to the heavy doors in TNG.

Maybe I'm just a trekker in mourning, but the direction on Peg's CIC in 17 aswell was very Trek. Camera shakes, everyone baces against consoles.. "DAMAGE REPORT!" "Warp dri- I mean FTL drives offline!".

Back to 20, if it was a dream sequence, then it was one of someone who knows a lot of personal stuff about a lot of people... as it was very indepth.

Or...

Worst case scenario... it's all (fictionally) real, and the storyline's believability just recieved a major ass-fracking... time will tell how RDM 'n co. extricate themselves...

PS: Hi! yo soy un n00bxx0r, and such.

edit

PPS: I just read some stuff on the Battlestar Wiki, saying that if TOS had continued, they would have been reunited with other vessels from the fleet. Perhaps 62 and 75 will stumble upon another ship *hopes it's a TOS-style Battlestar*.
I'd also love to see an old Cylon Basestar, as per the schematics in the miniseries, dormant or something, with deactivated 1978 centurions! wishful thinking, methinks... ah well...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 03:38:32 PM by Destructor!!! »

Destructor!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2006, 01:30:29 AM »
Yeah, I agree, StarSlayer...
That DeSanto pilot was a bit... well, it didn't stand up to the usual calibre of BSG_R.

Can't say I loved episode 20 either. 19 wasn't super, but was far from bad. Very Firefly seeing colonial 1 on the surface like that.

There was a surreal quality to everything after Baltar fell asleep that really didn't gel. In fact, the strandard of both episodes didn't match up to previous stories. At first, everything was surreally straightforward, and then the twist from hell came along, with extreme surreality... I think it may be a dream sequence, but not Baltar's... Roslyn's. Just a gut feeling I have.

And to the people sighting Star Trek links to the Peg, yeah, there have been a lot of stylistic nods to RDM's old show there. Particularly the doors. They have the IDtags on them, and the start of the sound effect sounds exactly like the heavier doors in TNG/Voyager ie - holodeck, shuttle/cargobay... not to mention the shape of the Peg doors being similar to the heavy doors in TNG.

Maybe I'm just a trekker in mourning, but the direction on Peg's CIC in 17 aswell was very Trek. Camera shakes, everyone baces against consoles.. "DAMAGE REPORT!" "Warp dri- I mean FTL drives offline!".

Back to 20, if it was a dream sequence, then it was one of someone who knows a lot of personal stuff about a lot of people... as it was very indepth.

Or...

Worst case scenario... it's all (fictionally) real, and the storyline's believability just recieved a major ass-fracking... time will tell how RDM 'n co. extricate themselves...

MAIA

• N/A
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2006, 12:43:48 PM »
As long as they don't destroy a Basestar with a big glob of Ice that is way to Deus Ex for my taste.

Yes, that was what i thought when i read that part. I'm not saying DeSanto story is outstanding, far from it. All i'm saying is i like how RDM adapted some of his ideas.

MAIA