Author Topic: StarFox fan suggestions and ideas  (Read 99962 times)

takashi

• View Profile
StarFox fan suggestions and ideas
« Reply #300 on: June 11, 2008, 08:22:17 PM »
Enemies coming back when you fail the mission and retry? count on it.
Time limits? I wouldn't count on it.

Syphe D. Mar

• Disappointed
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 12, 2008, 06:51:53 PM »
Quote from: Jonathan_S47;102847

Blue Marine: IF we do a blue marine mission we want to make it worth while instead of just being in there for the “sake of it.”
Hm... Although I always wanted the Blue Marine playable, I never thought of it like that.
Your signatures are annoying. Remove the pictures because nobody really pays attention to them. Anyone with enough sense will block them. Thank you for your time.

Anti_Parallel95

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 13, 2008, 02:09:42 AM »
Quick question, will the planets ingeneral have  the same colours and skies as in 64? or follow differently. Like titania in s46 vs command which r totally different. or fichina who in s64 has white yellowish ski, and in command its rather blue. and also have changed from sf1 very much.

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 13, 2008, 10:58:16 AM »
I guess the weather can change depending the time of day, position of the planet etc... So the skies will probably change. I guess at least.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Anti_Parallel95

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 17, 2008, 06:35:12 PM »
I honestly dont know what the storyline is, as far as anyone knows lol, but that shadow planet black idea I had a while ago came backk to me yesterday and I just realized my idea has "shadow" in in like SHADOWS of lylat. then it hit me! why cant that be part of thee storyline? some evil dude wants to rule lylst, so he casts shadows on all the planets. thus, following the title "SHADOWS" OF LYLAT. get my drift?

Saisuke

• Player of awesomeness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 17, 2008, 07:02:58 PM »
That is the...exact same post you had...in the other thread...

But I think something that would be awesome, but it might not be possible to do on here. Barrel Rolling=Awesomeness. Can it be done?

takashi

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 17, 2008, 07:15:03 PM »
Quote from: Saisuke;103452
That is the...exact same post you had...in the other thread...

But I think something that would be awesome, but it might not be possible to do on here. Barrel Rolling=Awesomeness. Can it be done?

I believe they're doing it with lua.

Blink

• View Profile
    • http://www.Get--A--Life.com
« Reply #307 on: June 17, 2008, 07:26:23 PM »
Barrel rolling was not in SoL as of the last BR related PR. :P So no, as of the latest news, there is no Barrel Rolling in SoL.

I mean, they'd LIKE to have it, but it just hasn't been working out.
Video games, I make \'em and play \'em.

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 18, 2008, 01:19:36 PM »
A StarFox without Barrel Roll? OH MY GOD, THAT'S MONSTROUSLY BAD! It's like a summer without sun! A winter without snow! Damn, how could you?

Hey, we'll manage to play without it. :D
This game is going to be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! XD
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Blink

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 18, 2008, 11:27:56 PM »
Well I know that the internet in general with its fads and memes won't react well to it. ;) But yes, I'm sure SF fans will "deal with it."

Although I am a bit concerned about the full 3d flight aspect >_> SF fans have been stuck on flat, moving 2d grid gameplay all their lives. We've never really had the ability to rotate on the X axis, just sliding around up and down and rotating on the Y. It'll be interesting to see how the fans do with that... I'm sure some will have some trouble. xD

Speaking of which: are you guys going to include a flight tutorial? I doubt many of the SF fans who are going to DL this have played FS2.

Star Yoshi

• Patron to the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 19, 2008, 03:24:49 PM »
Suggestion-wise? I've never really supplied anything to this topic. If I would though...

Will there be SOS moments like in SF64? If so, maybe an optional spreadsheet that shows the health that all of your teammates have at any one time. Not really necessary, but it would be helpful for remembering who needs the most help.
StarFox and Myst Artwork by me
http://staryoshi.deviantart.com

"Train as if you are going to live forever; live as if you are going to die tomorrow."

Learn how to get Steam games for free.

Mr. Harold Saxon

• Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 20, 2008, 04:00:43 AM »
I think they have something similar in FS2: on the right, there's this indicator with large dots for each of your wingmen. Filled in means they're alive, hollow means they ran away, red and filled in means they're in trouble, and red and hollow means they're dead.
Everything seems to make more sense if Doctor Who is involved...

Blink

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 20, 2008, 05:07:04 AM »
So, when you guys are too close to release to accept suggestions, will this get locked? ;D

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 20, 2008, 08:02:29 AM »
Quote from: Star Yoshi;103606
Will there be SOS moments like in SF64? If so, maybe an optional spreadsheet that shows the health that all of your teammates have at any one time. Not really necessary, but it would be helpful for remembering who needs the most help.

If you mean stuff like having your team mates call for help when badly injured that's been a required feature of FS2 since retail so it's almost certain SoL will have to have it.

Jesse TV

• Patient like a Time Bomb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 20, 2008, 10:53:14 PM »
If you want a barrel roll, instead of htting a button, tilt your arwing 360, if invted flight is possible. That would not block shots, but it is a barrel roll.
We\'re still flying.
 That\'s not much.
 It\'s enough.

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.